Build Your Own CO2 Tank System ¯ High Quality & Lowest Cost - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 156 Old 10-02-2016, 10:14 PM
sardog12

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Yea, no problem with the regulator, but when you let it turn on its side, it allowed liquid CO2 to go through to the hose and the result was 1000 psi or so in the hose.
This is what I did to be able to use it either on its side or standing up and it works great:

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ls...ml#post7782202

wilson1010 likes this.

GEAUX TIGERS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 156 Old 10-03-2016, 12:16 AM
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardog12 View Post
This is what I did to be able to use it either on its side or standing up and it works great:

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ls...ml#post7782202

You have the skills necessary to tell us at what angle does a 3/4 full tank have to be for the liquid co2 level to be below the top opening. Assume a tank is 8x22 inches.

03 Rubicon; 99 xj with too much stuff to list; Unimog 406 (gone)
post #153 of 156 Old 10-03-2016, 01:53 AM
w6pea
Grumpy Old Fart Marine

2019 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Let me give you some more advice if you don't mind.

There will be a ton of CO2 refill places out there. Even in chula Vista but many in S.D.

Go to one of them and buy a used tank and have them fill it. It will be a 25lb beverage tank. Don't buy one on eBay or Craigslist. They have to be tested, most places will not refill old Coke or Pepsi tanks or a tank that is too old. Should be about $50. You can buy a brand new aluminum tank for $120.

Ask them for a 150psi static regulator. You can buy them all day long for $40 but if it is close, buy it from the refill place.

Then buy a $12 Harbor Freight hose and connector kit and $15 inflator on Amazon and Bob's your uncle.
My wife had a ballon business years ago. We have a air tank some where in one of our storage units never thought about it until now when you mentioned it.
There is a welding supply place that we used to have refill our tanks they are even still in business, almost within walking distance from my house. Thanks

"Without Trucks and Truck Driver's America Stops!"
"There's too much Blood in my Caffeine System"

“I’ve never trusted a man who put's cream or sugar in his coffee.
Just like I never really trusted a man who put's Coca-Cola in his bourbon.”
"Semper Fi" "Once A Marine Always A Marine"

post #154 of 156 Old 10-04-2016, 09:23 AM
sardog12

Garage
Quote:
You have the skills necessary to tell us at what angle does a 3/4 full tank have to be for the liquid co2 level to be below the top opening. Assume a tank is 8x22 inches.
I didn't measure this with any tools at all. Accounting for the tank to be filled 3/4 full, I didn't make the tube very long; only long enough with enough angle that it would be above the line when standing up or on its side. The first diagram on the post would give an idea and you should be able to hold the valve against the body closely enough to get a rough guess.

It shouldn't take sophisticated equipment to get this correct. In my case, similar to the photo, I left the tube long, where it would hit the side of the tank when I tried to thread it in and then cut little bits at a time until I felt I had gotten it correct. I also waited until the tank would have to be tested anyway so that it didn't cost me any extra but when I brought it in, I let them know what I had done. I did this about two years ago and it has worked fine since.

GEAUX TIGERS
post #155 of 156 Old 03-27-2019, 02:25 AM
Chasen11

very nice write up for us
post #156 of 156 Old 02-12-2020, 02:50 PM
Mwildmann
2000 XJ Cherokee 

If anyone is near central PA, I have most of the parts to build a system that I will not be using. I think everything is there minus a hose. 20# Tank, regulator, and a tank bracket. Anyone interested? PM me. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in