Best Lift Available - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 08-21-2011, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
mapitre42
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Best Lift Available

I am a college student, and absolutely broke most of the time. For future reference, however, I wanted to get an idea of the best lifts available, or the best companies to buy lifts from.

I just bought the Rough Country 3.25" suspension lift. It's very good for the price, but I know there are many many more better.

So...which companies make the best lift/suspension equipment?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-22-2011, 05:08 AM
Tom95YJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Old Man Emu, BDS, Currie, for Short arm, For long arm it depends on how deep your pockets are. for longarm lifts i like clayton offroad

'89 YJ The Smurf Yjoty 2016
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'99 XJ Black Betty
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old 08-23-2011, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
mapitre42
2006 TJ Wrangler 

thank you. i'll keep that in mind.

post #4 of 13 Old 08-23-2011, 07:55 PM
rollin_n_mud
1997 XJ Cherokee 

If you have the fab skills, i would suggest to make your own long arm. As for a pre-made kit, i liked my rubicon express short arm lift i had on my old XJ. However, i liked the Clayton stuff on my TJ and plan to run clayton springs on my XJ with my own long arms.

Scott
post #5 of 13 Old 08-23-2011, 08:38 PM
MayRoll

2003 TJ Wrangler 

blah, blah, blah.

Whats the best lift? What size tire do you want to run, and where do you like to play?

First of the Breed
03 Khaki Rubi
JF short arm champ
post #6 of 13 Old 08-24-2011, 01:19 PM
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I would check out the Zone lift kits. I prefer BDS over Zone but they are comparable quality. There are many options out there depending if you want a kit or if you want to piece a lift together. Always remember "you get what you pay for" and do your research before you decide.
post #7 of 13 Old 08-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Clayton Offroad

We well make some nice stuff but its not cheap.

Since you said your broke, my suggestion to get the best bang for your buck.

Make friends with a welder/ 4x4shop, check out our builder section, get some johnny joints, tube inserts, housings and bushings, maybe the brackets/cross members, and build it yourself.

Still not cheap, since better parts cost more money, but you can save some money building it yourself and having quality components.

Its always cheaper to do it right the first time, then doing it again and again.

Goodluck

Adam
Clayton Off ROad Mfg.
post #8 of 13 Old 08-24-2011, 09:39 PM
rollin_n_mud
1997 XJ Cherokee 

^ Thats the route i'm taking and a lot of other people have taken.

Scott
post #9 of 13 Old 08-29-2011, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
mapitre42
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Offroad View Post
Make friends with a welder/ 4x4shop, check out our builder section, get some johnny joints, tube inserts, housings and bushings, maybe the brackets/cross members, and build it yourself.
That makes a lot of sense. I guess I just wanted to get some kind of foundation with my suspension other than running it stock. I don't do any extreme off-roading by any means, but I do want my mods to be done well with the highest quality possible. What exactly are johnny joints, tube inserts, etc.?
post #10 of 13 Old 08-30-2011, 07:13 AM
rollin_n_mud
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Johnny joints are balljoint steel style mounts instead of your typical rubber mounts. The tube inserts are what allow the johnny joints to thread into the aftermarket DOM tubing used for your control arms. All the rest of the stuff is just the bits and pieces you need to fabricate your own lift.

Scott
post #11 of 13 Old 08-30-2011, 11:04 PM
Clayton Offroad

rollin_n_mud just gave you the basics. Its simple if you have been doing this for a while, otherwise it can get confusing.

Here is a link to a johnny joint.

http://claytonoffroad.com/product_in...roducts_id/226

They are available in different size for different applications.

Tube inserts.

http://claytonoffroad.com/product_in...roducts_id/263

Bushing housings

http://claytonoffroad.com/product_in...roducts_id/260

http://claytonoffroad.com/product_in...roducts_id/259

Bushings.

We sell a lot of those items above to guy building their own arms.

Send us an email, or feel free to give us a call and we can give you some more details about what you will need depending on what you are trying to build.

[email protected]

Adam
Clayton Off ROad Mfg.
post #12 of 13 Old 10-09-2011, 10:08 AM
kobrahh
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewtj05 View Post
I would check out the Zone lift kits. I prefer BDS over Zone but they are comparable quality. There are many options out there depending if you want a kit or if you want to piece a lift together. Always remember "you get what you pay for" and do your research before you decide.
Zone suspension lift parts come out of the same factory as BDS, therefore have the same quality of parts, Zone is simply a less expensive alternative and mostly does AAL and i don't think they do long arms.
post #13 of 13 Old 10-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Rudinater

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayRoll View Post
blah, blah, blah.

Whats the best lift? What size tire do you want to run, and where do you like to play?
Best reply here, but as typical US consumers no one gives a crap about facts, just where to throw money.

Thanks
Rudy Ackerman
In Oregon for now

Red 09 Unlimited Rubicon - Teraflex 4inch long arm lift, Elka shocks, 5:38 gears, 37inch GY MTR's, Expedition Core front bumper with Warn PowerPlant HD, RS-E rear bumper and carrier, RS-E step rock sliders.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in