bedliner - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-19-2010, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

bedliner

Hey guys... I ripped the carpet out of my XJ a few months ago with the intention to fix the rust holes and then spray it all with Raptor bedliner. I was just wondering if the amount of heat that is coming up from my bare floor is normal. It's so f'n bad the A/C doesn't stand a chance against it. It's damn close to being unbearable. Is there something else I can put down on the floor before the U-POL Raptor to help battle the heat or will the Raptor liner be enough?

I didn't notice this much heat before/after I Raptor lined my TJ

Let me know what you think.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-19-2010, 09:29 PM
dwilliams35
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Was there just a heck of a lot of insulation on the carpet when it came up, maybe some of the foil-lined stuff? I had a car one time, can't remember which one, that had that: when I pulled it up, it was just flat-out scorching in there the one time I drove it. I've never messed with an XJ, so i don't have a clue.... Maybe some kind of heat shield on the underside of the floor pan?
post #3 of 7 Old 06-19-2010, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I don't know.... there was thick foam padding under the carpet. No foil...

I was thinking more along the lines of something betwen the floor and the bedliner. Maybe something to spray on it first or will the bedliner be enough?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old 06-20-2010, 01:41 PM
baldfatdad
1984 CJ8 

First look under the jeep and make sure all your heat shields are still in place, cats not plugged, no exhaust leaks. Then check some stuff called "lizard skin" you can spray/paint it on top and bottom of the floor. Worked well for me. My Tracker was so hot, from running a full belly pan it burned my feet. Check with them and U Pol to see if they are compatible.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-20-2010, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, I was looking at that stuff last night. I think that's the route I'm going to go in. I'm going to contact U-POL tomorrow to check and see if they're compatible.

post #6 of 7 Old 06-22-2010, 01:18 AM
breckboarder55

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome, I just searched this... And it was posted today.

Please, let me know what you find out.

I too am looking to decrease heat as well as noise when I do my bed liner install.

To Veterans past and present, thank you for your service!
99 Jeep Wrangler-Just another TJ on 33"s
55 Dodge Royal Lancer- Resto Project
87 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II-Built.
87 Mazda RX-7 SE-Burn Victim
01 Honda S2000DD
post #7 of 7 Old 06-22-2010, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I think that the lizard skin would be my first choice, but I don't want to spend that much more money on the floor at this point.

I might go with this fatmat stuff though. It's only $50 for 25 sq/ft and free shipping. How much do you guys think I would need.

OR....I might use some aluminum coating that I got in the roofing section of Home Depot for a few $$'s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in