Axle trusses for Jeep YJ? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-28-2002, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
dreid33

Axle trusses for Jeep YJ?

Does anyone know where to get good axle trusses with protection plates for Jeep YJ's?

I was going to get one for my front Dana 30 and rear Dana 35 on my 1994 Wrangler to protect them on the trail.

Second question, does everyone think they are needed, do they really help, or are they a waste of money?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-28-2002, 11:01 AM
89 YJ

Dunno where is best place to get them but if u are hard on your jeep they are needed. The rear axel tube bends under severe offroading.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-28-2002, 02:20 PM
gojurick

Try looking at the Superior Super 35™ Axle Truss. You can find it on <a href="http://www.4wd.com." target="_blank">www.4wd.com.</a> It's expensive, but looks like a good addition. Comes complete with a new diff cover.

'92 YJ, SOA w/ 35x12.5 X-terrains,RE quick-discs, Warn HS9500i, Detroit Electrac rear, ARB front, 4xDoctor rocker guards, AGR Steering, Borla Header & exhaust, Atlas II
Many bloody knuckles, Best of all, my wife luvs it too!!!
***Coming soon*** Chevy 350 V8 swap

post #4 of 4 Old 03-29-2002, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
dreid33

Thanks for the replies all. I have heard that Superior Super 35 Axle Truss is really nice. But for $350 it better be.

I have not heard much about the Conferr trusses but I don't want to loose ground clearance. The Conferr trusses do look pretty sturdy. That one by O-R Fab looks really nice! I will give them a call to see if they do YJ's.

I just want to protect against the worse case and protect things. It is better then messing up my axles or breaking something while I am out there 4-wheeling.

BTW, Mr. Bill, I am in Colorado Springs too. Hope to catch you out on the trail sometime.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in