Anyone try a double motorcycle carrier on Unltd JK? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-14-2011, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
blaster9
2019 WK 

Anyone try a double motorcycle carrier on Unltd JK?

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has tried a double motorcycle carrier on their 4 door JK. Ive been using a MotoTote single dirtbike carrier for some time now with no probs whatsoever. I know the tongue is rated at 350lbs which is a little more than my dirtbike + the single carrier. But i also know that 350# is only 10% of the Unltd's towing capacity. Cant the tongue handle up to 15% of the towing capacity (i.e. 525#)? If so then I think I can swing it b/c my two dirtbikes + a dble carrier = 525# give or take 5#

Let me know what ya guys think. Oh and btw I have a 2.5" TF spacer lift.

One last ? IF this were to be to strenuous on the susp/frame/etc what do you guys think would be the first thing to cause me problems? Would it be the susp that would take a dump first?

Thanks for the help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-19-2011, 10:39 PM
Richd1963

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Get a carrier for the front and one for the back. you may need to lift the jeep some more to be able to see over the bike in the front. Just get a drop hitch for the bike rack on front bumper and should be able to see over it. Equally distribute the weight.

Rich G. 2005 Wrangler 4.0 6-Speed.
just4effect 10" single sub, enclosure and amp 4 sale. PM me if interested, local only
post #3 of 4 Old 06-29-2011, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
blaster9
2019 WK 

I've been looking for a hitch for the front forever and a day! Can you point me in the right direction of a receiver for the front? I have a winch setup that plugs right into the trailer hitch receiver on the back. I setup power for the winch in the front and back so that one day i could throw the winch up front if i ever needed to.

post #4 of 4 Old 06-30-2011, 08:09 PM
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jk+front+receiver+hitch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~Richard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in