13 JKU Rubicon lift question and opinions - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 08-19-2013, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
FIRECAPT
2010 JK Wrangler 

13 JKU Rubicon lift question and opinions

I have a stock JKU Rubicon Still running factory 32's. Once these wear out, I intend to replace with 33's(big enough for my needs). Mine is a daily driver with occasional off reading. This usually consists of mild to medium trails and some minor flexing. Again daily driver, so got to get it back home. I would like to add a 2.5 coil lift. I don't want to break the bank. I will eventually add a winch to front bumper so I don't want just spacers and some leveling would be nice. Most seem to think the Rubicon shocks are adequate, that is why I am considering just the coil lifts. I have looked at the RC 2.5, the teraflex 2.5 and others in the less than 500. range. Some of these include kits sway extensions and some not. I would think this to be important, since mine has electronic disconnect. It would seem like adequate alignment would be very important. Some also include brake line brackets for extending the lines. Some don't. While I may not do any major flexing intentionally, if I were to over flex and pull a brake line, that could be bad. What are your feelings on these. I would like as many opinions on these options in the less than $500. range. (Cheaper sounds great) Please as may pics as possible. Thanks in advance!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-19-2013, 02:52 PM
jopolly3

2013 JK Wrangler 

When I put my 2" OME (ended up being north of 3") springs in I bought adjustable swaybar links for the rear and moved the rear links to the front. This ended up working perfectly, the sway bar angle is exactly where it should be. I also got extended brake lines but I was not as happy with these (I don't like how they hang freely unlike the stock lines). For the brake lines I would say install the springs and flex your suspension, the stock shocks may end up maxing out before the lines...

Joe

2013 JKU Rubicon 6spd: ARB Dana 44 covers F&R, Expedition One front bumper & swaybar skid, Hella driving lamps, JKS adjustable track bars F&R, MBRP SS off-road exhaust, OME HD springs and shocks, OME relocated SS, Rock Hard 4x4 gas tank skid, Rock Hard 4x4 oil pan skid, Rock Hard 4x4 rock sliders, Rock Hard 4x4 transfer case skid, Spidertrax wheel spacers, Superwinch LP8500 Gen 1

2002 Subaru WRX: Cobb intake, Mishimoto aluminum radiator, Kartboy short throw shifter and bushings

1960 CJ-6: Never ending project rig

Build Threads:

JKUR -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CJ6 -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WJ -

"BFG makes some good rubbers, if they sold condoms I'd buy them" -Owen Horner
post #3 of 5 Old 08-19-2013, 02:54 PM
jopolly3

2013 JK Wrangler 

In short, if doing this on the cheap, start by buying your springs and 1 set of extended swaybar links (I went with JKS) and see if that fulfills your needs...

Joe

2013 JKU Rubicon 6spd: ARB Dana 44 covers F&R, Expedition One front bumper & swaybar skid, Hella driving lamps, JKS adjustable track bars F&R, MBRP SS off-road exhaust, OME HD springs and shocks, OME relocated SS, Rock Hard 4x4 gas tank skid, Rock Hard 4x4 oil pan skid, Rock Hard 4x4 rock sliders, Rock Hard 4x4 transfer case skid, Spidertrax wheel spacers, Superwinch LP8500 Gen 1

2002 Subaru WRX: Cobb intake, Mishimoto aluminum radiator, Kartboy short throw shifter and bushings

1960 CJ-6: Never ending project rig

Build Threads:

JKUR -

CJ6 -

WJ -

"BFG makes some good rubbers, if they sold condoms I'd buy them" -Owen Horner

post #4 of 5 Old 08-20-2013, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
FIRECAPT
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopolly3
In short, if doing this on the cheap, start by buying your springs and 1 set of extended swaybar links (I went with JKS) and see if that fulfills your needs...
For a 13 JKU Rubicon, what number springs would you recommend, front and back?
post #5 of 5 Old 08-24-2013, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
FIRECAPT
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRECAPT

For a 13 JKU Rubicon, what number springs would you recommend, front and back?
Any suggestions from anyone!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in