San Diego Area - Page 1743 - JeepForum.com
 93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #26131 of 41141 Old 02-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Word didn't remove 2 of my exemptions I asked to remove for last year so my taxes started off me owing DC.... An hour of calculating later and the magical student help stuff I was atleast able to get the number to do a 180 and be positive but it was still 1/4 what I was refunded last year Le sigh >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
So ghost has a plug in his hole and opihi has a gaping hole, Do I need to worry about this hole at all? I just don't want to start her up and have something spewing out of it.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26132 of 41141 Old 02-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Speed-Freek

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
looking good chris...now it needs a stretch in the rear

Steve, Jimmy and I went to the JY, I picked up an explorer trans cooler with a fan. going to delete the internal radiator cooler.
I usually run the external cooler into the radiator heat exchanger, helps stabilize temperatures, and the external drops it low enough that it wont add heat to the cooling system, but the factory cooling system keeps it at operating temp, you dont want your trans fluid too cool either.

I have a 650HP Camaro that has 2 External coolers ((8 x 12") and then runs into the radiator heat exchanger than back into the trans..

The owner of the shop that built my Monster TH400 said to do it that way or he wouldnt warranty it!

ASE certified tech, and welder/fabricator for hire, PM me for any of your automotive needs!
post #26133 of 41141 Old 02-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator

1991 YJ Wrangler 

It was a productive afternoon afterall. Mike stopped by to lend a hand with Justins axle, and Jason came by just in time to chew the fat and talk shop. Good times.

Here's what we did on Justins D44 between talking shop and chewing the fat.

post #26134 of 41141 Old 02-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Climbit

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freek View Post
I usually run the external cooler into the radiator heat exchanger, helps stabilize temperatures, and the external drops it low enough that it wont add heat to the cooling system, but the factory cooling system keeps it at operating temp, you dont want your trans fluid too cool either.

I have a 650HP Camaro that has 2 External coolers ((8 x 12") and then runs into the radiator heat exchanger than back into the trans..

The owner of the shop that built my Monster TH400 said to do it that way or he wouldnt warranty it!
I can't decide if I want to delete the internal cooler or not. it seems like a good idea, in order to get the radiator to run cooler. I will probably hook up the external cooler on the aux fan side so that it is running all the time, I just need to get a relay wired in, etc. not sure how to do that yet, but I'll figure it out.

I am not worried about running too cool, my jeep runs damn hot as it is.

I am going to do a complete cooling system overhaul before the summer, new rad, new thermostat, new waterpump, new hoses, flush the block, etc...
post #26135 of 41141 Old 02-05-2012, 08:35 AM
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
I can't decide if I want to delete the internal cooler or not. it seems like a good idea, in order to get the radiator to run cooler. I will probably hook up the external cooler on the aux fan side so that it is running all the time, I just need to get a relay wired in, etc. not sure how to do that yet, but I'll figure it out.

I am not worried about running too cool, my jeep runs damn hot as it is.

I am going to do a complete cooling system overhaul before the summer, new rad, new thermostat, new waterpump, new hoses, flush the block, etc...
You mean a cooler with a fan as one unit? picture?

The radiator will by just about at engine temp of appx 195, so there is not a lot of temperture differental between that and the transmission for cooling. Personally I would bypass the internal cooler and add one or two externals. Add a gauge also,

I added this kit for the filter, the extra fluid and the sending unit.

http://www.alamomotorsports.com/pmc/Cat_page25.html

"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." óHubert Humphrey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26136 of 41141 Old 02-05-2012, 10:25 AM
1990JEEPXJ

1990 XJ Cherokee 

I have an external cooler on mine mounted just behind the grille and in front of the mechanical fan so air is always moving by it. No temp gauge though. I'm happy with it.

Completely stock, and keeping it that way...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
post #26137 of 41141 Old 02-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Climbit

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
You mean a cooler with a fan as one unit? picture?
its an oil cooler and had a fan mounted in front of it. I'll snap a pic when I get home tonight.

Quote:
The radiator will by just about at engine temp of appx 195, so there is not a lot of temperture differental between that and the transmission for cooling. Personally I would bypass the internal cooler and add one or two externals. Add a gauge also,
I plan on adding a gauge. deleting the internal cooler would make things easier, not having to route new hoses and all.

Quote:
I added this kit for the filter, the extra fluid and the sending unit.
http://www.alamomotorsports.com/pmc/Cat_page25.html
interesting, I'm not sure if I need the filter kit, my trans has an internal filter. although the extra fluid would be nice.

I may bring the jeep over to you soon so we can figure it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ View Post
I have an external cooler on mine mounted just behind the grille and in front of the mechanical fan so air is always moving by it. No temp gauge though. I'm happy with it.
the one I grabbed had a fan in front of it, so I plan on wiring that in to run all the time and then putting it on the aux fan side so that there is always air moving on both sides of the rad... the aux fan will just be extra air.
post #26138 of 41141 Old 02-05-2012, 02:16 PM
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Word didn't remove 2 of my exemptions I asked to remove for last year so my taxes started off me owing DC.... An hour of calculating later and the magical student help stuff I was atleast able to get the number to do a 180 and be positive but it was still 1/4 what I was refunded last year Le sigh >.<
I got $250 back from Federal last year, and owe to state. This year, I'm getting nearly 4 times back from federal, but I owe state $100.

Still pretty damn good in my book though.
post #26139 of 41141 Old 02-05-2012, 02:17 PM
nuthead
2012 JK Wrangler 

Need some help! I have my Quadriplegic (like Christopher Reeves so someone drives him around in the jeep) buddys 1966 CJ5 on my lift at my house & found T18 transfercase has handful of broken gears in bottom. I'm trying to get it fixed for him so he can go to TDS. Anyone have a good one sitting around they want to sell or is good at rebuilding one? Any help is much appreciated.
post #26140 of 41141 Old 02-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Climbit

1999 XJ Cherokee 

unnoficial word is that Gerald lee/John currie won the modified class this morning.... running 35"s in a 37" class

edit: story's keep changing, the last updated I got was that the savvy rig won the stock class and the overall win for the "smittybuilt everyman challenge" and PSC won the modified class and got second overall.
post #26141 of 41141 Old 02-05-2012, 03:10 PM
MJ12

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthead View Post
Need some help! I have my Quadriplegic (like Christopher Reeves so someone drives him around in the jeep) buddys 1966 CJ5 on my lift at my house & found T18 transfercase has handful of broken gears in bottom. I'm trying to get it fixed for him so he can go to TDS. Anyone have a good one sitting around they want to sell or is good at rebuilding one? Any help is much appreciated.
Call up:
Boarder Parts
3875 Bancroft Drive Spring Valley, CA 91977
(619) 461-0171

They most likely have any part you need on hand, and could guide you on a rebuild. Then again I am sure a few google searches can give you a nice few pictures to help rebuilding it.
post #26142 of 41141 Old 02-05-2012, 03:25 PM
nuthead
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yeah I figured I would check here first. We are gonna check with john at border tomorrow.
post #26143 of 41141 Old 02-05-2012, 03:35 PM
StvDiego

There was a T18 on Craigslist a few days ago, may still be there
post #26144 of 41141 Old 02-05-2012, 05:42 PM
calsouthjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

post #26145 of 41141 Old 02-05-2012, 06:54 PM
TonysTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by calsouthjeep
Tony-- Tell me its not true
Only to buy a low dollar 1 with square headlights, 6 cylinders and an 8.8 rear and start over

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in