Raptor Liner Dilema - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 07-29-2021, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
RBrokenLJ06

Raptor Liner Dilema

I copied this from another forum that I just posted on, but I wanted to get all possible responses. I have been using the forums for years and have finally decided to join. I'll start by saying that I know there is a plethora of Raptor line threads, but I could not find some of the answers to my issues so here I go. Currently, I am about 1/3 of the way through Raptor lining the tub of my 06 LJ. I discovered, much to my dismay, that the previous owner used a rubber based liner (think rhino liner, or local spray can bed liner) to spray the front section of the tub, of course he did not do a good, or complete job. I previously thought this was just spray paint, but now I'm in a bind. The way I see it I have a few options. 1) Use a paint stripper to peel away the existing liner and then buy the Upol acid etch since it will strip my paint as well. 2) Continue to use a tiny chisel for the next six months to painstakingly scrape it all by hand as I have been doing. 3) Having already pulled all of the seats and console, call LineX and let them deal with it. Here are my questions/ concerns. If I were to use a paint stripper, how would that damage the seam sealer installed from factory, or would it at all? I imagine it would. Lastly, I know LineX would be more expensive hence the reason I opted for Raptor Liner in the first place, but does anyone have a guess as to how much it would be having already done a decent amount of prep? It is too late to call anyone where I am at and I'm looking for some answers. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-29-2021, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
RBrokenLJ06

I know I spelt Dilemma wrong :/
post #3 of 3 Old 08-05-2021, 07:06 PM
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yes stripper will damage it. Perhaps sand with 80 grit on a DA sander.

Ron

Of all the things Ive lost
The one I miss most is my mind

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in