Foldabe Mirrors - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 11-17-2019, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
gca

Foldabe Mirrors

Hey all,
I have a 2015 Grand Cherokee Altitude, and I am wondering if the side mirrors can fold. I'm sure they're not automatic, but it seems as if they can be folded manually. I've tried, but I don't want to put too much force on it. Am I correct in that they can be manually folded?

Thanks
GCA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-17-2019, 04:06 PM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

From your owner's manual:

Quote:
Outside Mirrors Folding Feature
All outside mirrors are hinged and may be moved either forward or rearward to resist damage.
The hinges have three detent positions: • Full forward position • Full rearward position • Normal position

Power Folding Outside Mirrors — If Equipped
If equipped with power folding mirrors, they can be electrically folded rearward and unfolded into the drive position.
The switch for the power folding mirrors is located between the power mirror switches L(left) and R (right). Press the switch once and the mirrors will fold in, press the switch a second time and the mirrors will return to the normal driving position.
If the mirror is manually folded after electrically cycled, a potential extra button push is required to get the mirrors back to the home position. If the mirror does not electrically fold check for ice or dirt build up at the pivot area which can cause excessive drag.

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion
post #3 of 3 Old 11-17-2019, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
gca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruzin View Post
From your owner's manual:

Thank you. I tried looking in the manual for this. Perhaps I slipped by it. Looks like I was being too gentle with them. Figured it out.
Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in