Durabak Company Issue - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-20-2019, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
KAG123

Durabak Company Issue

I ordered $200 worth of Durabak 1 gal Grey and 2 quarts in Red. They shipped my 2 different colors of red. Did not know it until afterwards One Bright Red and one Brick Red (darker).

So we opened the Brick Red and used it on the wheels and hinge areas. So we used the one can and then my son and I used the 2nd can to do the bumpers and side rock piece. Planned to do the side fender flares but by then we noticed the two different colors.

Attached Thumbnails
Jeep9.jpg   Jeep8.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-20-2019, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
KAG123

I know it's a huge difference but there is a difference. I asked that they replace the one quart but it is like playing whack a mole with Durabak Company, which is different from Durabak Depot. There are several distributors for the product made by Cote-L.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-20-2019, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
KAG123

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAG123 View Post
I know it's a huge difference but there is a difference. I asked that they replace the one quart but it is like playing whack a mole with Durabak Company, which is different from Durabak Depot. There are several distributors for the product made by Cote-L.

NOT a huge difference

post #4 of 6 Old 05-20-2019, 06:33 PM
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

What is your suppliers responce to the miss shipment?

Of all the things Ive lost
The one I miss most is my mind

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
post #5 of 6 Old 05-31-2019, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
KAG123

Been working (DoD) and just now got some time.

So was a deal where, send us more photos, the job you did looks great. We want to help be keep sending us more photos.

They sent two different "Red"colors as they have a couple of 'Reds". Bright Red, Brick red,and Red I believe. I told them (Durabak Company) check you shipping and see what you sent but they do not scan or have any real accountability for the products shipped. I finally told they guy I am done screwing with him and would order another quart from the other company "Durabak Depot" and it arrived today. The other company that screwed up the order really didn't care and when I said I was ordering quart from Durabak Depot they truly just could care less, last $$ Durabak Company will ever get from us.

I will say when I called and spoke with Durabak Depot before ordering the new quart that "Durabak Company" screwed up they were super helpful and made sure I got the exact "Red" I needed for the project so we can complete it.

Serious lesson learned
post #6 of 6 Old 06-01-2019, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
KAG123

Finished the Durabak Paint today

Big thank you to Durabak Depot for getting the tint of Red we needed and allowing us to finish

Photo of before when we pulled it from the field where it had been sitting for 18 months and then today
Attached Thumbnails
Jere_jeep1.jpg   YJ2.jpg   YJ.jpg   YJ1.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in