Recommended Yes: 71 / No: 3

AX15 five speed transmission

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $725
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Great transmission. Friend's has taken a beating without complete failure yet. His only rattles slightly with over 200K when he swapped it in. Is now taking abuse of 35 inch rubber and showboating.

#7 ·
Price $475
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: how can u not love a 5 speed i only paid 475 for pedals shifter master cylinder and slave and bell housing all said and done it will be close to a grand when I have it finished but def cheaper than a rebuild

#11 ·
Price $150
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Great Tans. Keep oil in them and they'll last forever. Adapted it over myself. Pretty straight forward conversion.

#14 ·
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Works, solid recently rebuilt by PO. They must have done a great job. Shifts well with now leaks.

#15 ·
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: Installed the ax-15 with my 4.0 swap. I didnt rebuild it as i thought it was ok, but it makes more noise then i would like. The ax15 is an ok tranny. I would like to keep it for now and get an nv3550 to rebuild and put in its place. If you are doing a tranny swap to replace your ax-5 behind your 2.5 i would advise a rebuilt ax-15. As a daily driver in the north where you will see colder temps you will find the ax to be pretty cranky in the morning till it warms up, and when they get older there sincros tend to show there wear more so then other trannys. All in all its an ok trans, and alot better then the ba-10 that it replaced, but if you can swing it i would advise an nv3550.

#17 ·
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: 141410 miles on mine, and still running stong. Sometimes grinds a little going into reverse, most likely worn syncro, but is not a big deal.

#26 ·
Price $1000
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Transmission was a re-manufactured one. So far I have found that it shifts smoothly and is fairly quiet. I'm not fond of the internal slave setup on the 93'. I hope to get 100,000+ miles out of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.