124K views 117 replies 113 participants last post by  KauaiJeepClub 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Price $250
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: The instructions sent with this locker are not the best. The fit is very tight and I had to file on some of the carrier edges.Don't put the pins in before installing the locker parts, do it after everything is in the case.

#7 ·
Price $235
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: I have one in my Dana 30. It is one of the best upgrades I have done. I barely even know it is there when unlocked and it hasn't slipped in over a year with it locked. It does click a little on the road when I turn hard one way or the other like to pul a u turn. Great product for the price.

#11 ·
Price $260
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: put one in the dana 30, and i would never go back and change my mind if i could. the day after i installed it i broke a rear ujoint and had to crawl out in front wheel drive, but the cool thing is that i was going through some mud holes that i got stuck in before. and the install wasnt bad, i had never seen the inside of a diff and i put mine in.

#12 ·
Price $400
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: best investment ever! a little complicated to put in but u can get thru so many more bad situations its amazing! cant go wrong with one of these for the 44a

#14 ·
Price $250
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: Hard to say, still in the box. Will try to install in time for a spring run

#16 ·
Price $220
Pros hasn't broken
0 problems
locker traction
awesome price
subtle quiet operation
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: Very impressed with the Aussie locker. I have used and abused the Aussie locker in my CJ-7's AMC 20, and have concluded that when I get the cash I am going to install one in my dana 30 front axle. I am very impressed, it has been 2 years worth of hard wheeling and I have had 0 problems.

#17 ·
Price $250
Pros Inexpensive, good option for the front
Cons not selectable
Recommended yes

Comments: If you have an open diff up front and are looking for an easy way to lock it, this is the choice. Works flawlessly off-road, and on road it it nearly invisible. Only time (on road) that I notice it is when turning full lock. Then it "clicks" a little.

#18 ·
Price $120
Pros great automatic locker, easy
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: Was easy to install, and works well all the time! It really helps! I tried a trail I got stuck on prior to my locker and had no problems!

#19 ·
Price $280
Rating 5
Pros cheap auto-locker for upfront....
Cons none..invisible in 2wd..
Recommended yes

Comments: Best mod done to my Jeep...put one upfront and its amazing i wheeled in heavy snow/mud and i never got stuck...cant wait to take it rock crawling...

oh yea installation was a breeze, my first time looking at a carrier outside of the diff and i had zero problems with the install...

#20 ·
Price $239
Pros inexpensive, easy install, good customer service
Cons None yet
Recommended yes

Comments: I put this in a D35 that's an on/off road YJ. I did quite a bit of research and decided on a lunchbox. From there it was a matter of which lunchbox. The Aussie stood out mainly for it's price, reliability and ease of installation. I do alot of sand and trails and it has not failed me. It is fine on the street once you learn it's temperment. Excellent product.

#21 ·
Price $300
Rating 5
Pros Great locker for the money. I got this in a D44a for over a year and put 10,000+ miles on it so far. Still is locking up nicely.
Cons 2WD is a nightmare in snow with this. The rear will just lock and you'll fishtail all over. Put it into 4WD and you'll go through anything.
Recommended yes

Comments: Good locker for the money.

#22 ·
Price $259
Pros Works great. Cant tell its there in two wheel drive. I love pulling a front tire off the ground and still continue forward like I have all four tires on the ground.
Cons Nothing besides having a hard time getting the carrier out.
Recommended yes

Comments: I love pulling a front tire off the ground and still continue forward like I have all four tires on the ground. Very little clicking when driving on the street. I'm able to wheel with people who have 33's or bigger when I only have 30's and stock suspension because it works so well.

#23 ·
Price $260
Pros Great added traction.
Cons Slow to break in. Stays locked almost all of the time.
Recommended no

Comments: The Aussie locker is good for the money but I can definitely see why they are rated so ****ty in the magazines. (lunch box lockers in general) The installation was very simple, with a few pointers you could easily install in 45 min. The problem I have with it is it stays locked almost all of the time, so I churp tires around every corner. The only way it unlocks is if I slow down considerably before a turn and never accelerate around a corner. If you use the brakes on a corner it also will stay locked. In a parking lot its like having a spool. I think that if I could do it again I would just weld the spider gears and wait till it breaks. Then like most people say put in a dana 44 and stop putting money into a **** rear end. (dana 35)

#25 ·
Price $239
Pros It works everytime
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: This locker is not the quietest but it does its job in giving you extra traction.

#26 ·
Price $250
Rating 5
Pros Easy install, very durable, good price
Cons Not selectable.
Recommended yes

Comments: I have installed this product in mutiple jeeps and it has never failed in any of them. I have installed 3 in my own jeeps. I have friends that seen the simplicity and went and ordered one for themsleves. Yhey are very reasonable in price. They work very well. There is nothing special with them. the average shade tree machanic can install it. The only bad thing is I wouldn't install in a daily driver that sees the need for 4wd (snow, ice)because you can't select disengage to open differentials. Excellent product. :2thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.