Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Armadillo Industries Billet Mechanical Door Stops

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  awnahas 
#1 ·
Garbage.

I came across these on Quadratec looking for replacement door straps and thought “what the heck?” In 14 years I’d gone through my second set of straps (not a bad run of you think about it) and figured this was a good way to get a permanent solution plus with the detents would act like a typical car door. Hahaha....no. First off, check out the as advertised pic compared to what I received. No detents at all, just a straight rod. The tension on the sliders was enough to put more tension on the strap bar than it ever should but not enough to hold the door in any position. They simply pop on the top of the very top of the stock strap posts on the body side with those little clips holding them in place so they apply a ton of leverage with only the tension from the sliders. On the driver side you’d need to remove a wiring harness plug from its bracket and zip strip it up...I could live with that but figured it was also worth mentioning. Also, some reviews (I should’ve read before buying) say you might need to trim a little plastic from the corner of the driver side dash. I didn’t, but still worth mentioning.

All in all, they’re a nifty idea but poorly executed over-priced garbage and are getting returned tomorrow.

I ended up using about 20’ (around a yay and a half per side) of black 550 cord and just made my own - friendship bracelet style. Had some laying around so FREEBIE, but if you buy it we’re talking a couple bucks at Walmart or any craft store and you could even choose a color.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.