Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Trail Master - Trail Master 2.5" Jeep YJ Lift

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | eBay.com
Rating: None

Product Information

MSRP: $424.99
Manufacturer: Trail Master
Company Website: http://www.trailmastersuspension.com/

I recently purchased a Trail Master 2.5 Lift Kit for my 1994 Jeep Wrangler and installed it last weekend. The installation was straight forward and it took me and my 14 year old son approximately 8 hours to complete the installation. Everything went together pretty smoothly, however, once finished my Jeep ended up with just over 4 of lift. I also do not have a garage full of tools. Just basic hand tools and a Harbor Freight electric impact gun.

The lift looks great, but I immediately experienced some drive line vibration in 3rd and 4th gear between 35 and 45 MPH during the test drive. After doing some research on Jeep Forum, I narrowed it down to the new angle of my driveshaft or pinion angles.

I called Trail Master customer service on Monday morning and spoke with one of their customer service reps about my situation. He took the time to listen to my problem in detail and we talked about possible solutions. I told him that I am new to Jeeps and had purchased this Jeep as a weekend project vehicle, so I have a limited budget, especially with 4 kids:-) I mentioned that the 4 Trail Master kit comes with rear spring shims and the transfer case drop kit to solve this problem and that I believed that the issued could be solved if I had those components. The customer service rep was kind enough to send me the shims and transfer case drop kit at no charge to see if it would solve my problem.

In a time where customer service within most companies is sorely lacking, Trail Master provided me with excellent customer service and has earned a customer for life.

When researching entry-level lifts, I did not find many posts about this company or this lift, so I hope it helps someone make a decision about it.

This is my first post, so if you ask a question and I do not get back to you quickly, it is because I do not spend a great deal of time on the forums.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome