Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Currie Enterprises ramped HD cover for Dana 44 front differential

7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  LeeMasterGT 
#1 ·
Product Information
Average Price $118.5
Manufacturer Currie Enterprises
Recommended Yes: 2 / No: 0

front differentials take a lot of abuse in desert racing and rock crawling applications. Installation of the ramped heavy duty differential cover will prevent damage such as puncturing of the cover. It uses 1/8"-thick plate steel for the guard, and also acts as a rock ramp to help the front end glide over obstacles. Covers include gasket and fill plug.

http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/product.aspx?id=1274

#2 ·
Price $122
Pros Beefy but not insane. Should clear the trackbar as good as the stock cover.
Cons You need an extra-long hex socket (1/4") to get into some of the bottom bolts.
Recommended yes

Comments: Time to change the diff fluids & since I'll pull the cover I might as well upgrade. The cover is solid but not stupid-heavy like some. Comes with instructions (!), new bolts, an optional paper (?) gasket and RTV. With the armor only on the bottom half it should clear the trackbar (aftermarket or stock) as good as the stock cover. This is a big plus for my LCG plans. I have a LubeLocker gasket to go with it so that I can chuck the RTV. I'll report back later if I have any issues with leaking or interference with the stock Rubi locker's air tube.

#3 ·
Price $115
Pros Stock clearance
Excellent protection
Cons Fitment issues.
Recommended yes

Comments: I never have to worry about my track bar, tie rod, etc hitting my diff cover! It's got plenty of beef down on the lower half of the cover where I'll be able to drag it over rocks when needed. My only complaint is that the bolt holes didn't easily line up and it made it difficult to install (required two people to install a simple cover). My guess is this was due to the cover warping when it was welded. Now that it's on, it's fantastic and has held up well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.