#1 ·
Product Information
Price $249.99
Rating 5
Average Price $205.62
Manufacturer IRO
Recommended Yes: 8 / No: 0
Company website http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

COMPLETE protection for your t-case and Catalytic Converter. Made from 1/4" steel plate bent and re-enforced for the ultimate protection and maximum ground clearance. Designed to support the entire weight of the vehicle without damage. With this much protection you will have the confidence to tackle any obstacle without even thinking about your t-case. If you wheel on rocky terrain this skid plate is essential. Just look at the photos of the skid plate installed on one of our shop WJ's below. We know all too well the havoc rocks will play on an exposed transfer case so we built this product to withstand whatever Mother Nature throws at the underside of your rig. We even included drain holes for changing the t-case fluid and letting water escape. Powdercoated semi-gloss black. Includes nut plates and fasteners for installation. Fits NP242 and NP247J Transfer case.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $250
Rating 5
Pros Pure Beef, Very strong, Very well made.
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: I replaced my mopar TC skid with this IRO HD skid and this thing is super heavy duty. In my opinion I think its the best TC skid out there for a WJ.

My old mopar TC skid compared to IRO's TC skid:

#3 ·
Price $199.99
Pros Beef, can support entire weight of vehicle easily. Sane mounting system using nuts pre-welded onto steel bars inserted inside the unibody rails, comes with grade 8 hardware.
Cons Heavy! But not so sure this is really a con since its 1/4" steel!
Recommended yes

Comments: This skid is the best I've seen, Ive put a few skids on jeeps. This one spans the width of the vehicle from rail to rail, uses 1/4" reinforced steel and can easily support the weight of the vehicle and mounts with 7 bolts onto steel bars with nuts welded onto them (slide these inside the rail). No messing about with rivnuts, just drill 7 holes and go. Skid also has drain holes, and protects the cat as well as the tcase. One note however is it can make contact with the stock cats which are large and round (4.7), you can hear it knock around when you start-up, but that just means you get to buy a new high flow cat!

#4 ·
Price $200
Pros Nice and Strong, very thick metal!!! Really takes the hits!
Cons Its a little hard to install!!! Blocks the Drain on the Transfer Case
Recommended yes

Comments: I have had it on for a year or so a lot of the paint is pealing off on top of it and around the whole thing. It has taken quite a few big hits and all is still good... but it has a few nasty scratches in it. :( but that's what new paint is for! haha

I would definitely would recommend it to anyone, but beware its a little hard to get the nuts in place and keep them there during the install, but after your get it all together its all good... One other thing is it blocks the bottom drain plug on the transfer case!!! It makes it very difficult to change the fluid!!!

#5 ·
Price $250
Pros BEEFY!
Cons it's really heavy lol I had to drill some holes and even ended up welding some tabs to the back of the cross member to attach the front mounts
Recommended yes

Comments: I have smashed this skid off rocks, trees, stumps...pretty much everything in the woods and it is just plain indestructible.

Reactions: maxfederle89
#6 ·
Price $145
Pros HD
Cons None yet
Recommended yes

Comments: Havent put it to use myself.. but have seen it in action from another WJ owner and it help up well! Got it used but it didnt have a scratch on it so it hasnt even touched the rocks yet. But next time i'm in Moab (next month) im sure I will use it :)

#8 ·
Price $200
Pros Beefy, connects to both frame rails
Cons pricey. Installation of nut plates is a pain in the a$$
Recommended yes

Comments: Probably the best skid out there except for maybe the one thats designed for the clayton lifts.

#9 ·
Price $199.99
Pros Strong
Cons Hangs down really low.
Recommended yes

Comments: I think this would be a better product if they included a clocking ring and got a little more clearance out of it. Would be a great project with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.