469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #781 of 820 Old 11-17-2021, 07:38 AM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Snowing out there already, Rick?

Build Thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Swing Away / Swing Down Tire Carrier:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 820 Old 11-17-2021, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleTJ View Post
Snowing out there already, Rick?
We had our first dusting Monday night. And there is snow in the forecast later this week. I'd rather it didn't snow until next month at the soonest but I don't think the weather is listening to me.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #783 of 820 Old 11-18-2021, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yesterday I started pulling the back of the TJ apart. Pulled the Tuffy fenderwell boxes first.

And then started taking stuff out of the underseat drawer. First was my amp.

Dang there was a TON of mud/dirt under everything.

It had been SO long ago that I'd installed that underseat drawer I had to drag out my book. I have all the installation instructions for most of the major items I've installed on the Jeep.

Could just about grow a garden in all this dirt.

WOW haven't seen it this bare in the back for a very very long time.

And then today I tackled the overhead console. Since I'm updating the stereo system I needed to yank out the old stereo which was up in the overhead console. The fun of getting this stuff out is getting the drawers out.

You have to use a allen wrench to get them out but it's TIGHT.

It's a custom modified allen that I shortened some to fit better.

Pulled the front compartment and then realized that I'd done a GOOD job when I was installing all the wiring before so I had to pull the rear compartment also to get to the studs with the wire ties that tie all the wires up out of the way.

07wurubi and NashvilleTJ like this.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #784 of 820 Old 11-21-2021, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Friday I had a VA appointment in Wenatchee to pickup my new hearing aids. Then came home to work on the Jeep. Dropped the windshield and found 2 pens and a lot of dirt.

And since I'd gone this far I decided to pull the cowl cover too. Dang nab MUD everywhere.

Had thought I was gunna pull the windshield frame but as always there is that ONE bolt.

So had to breakout the welder and get this one out. Not really a challenge.

And while I was at it I decided I'd try to get the broken fender/firewall bolt out.

Dang I'm 2 for 2....

Then I vacuumed out the cowl area. I've still got to do some more cleaning but it sure is a lot better.

Got the windshield frame pulled and sitting on the floor for when my new windshield arrives next week.

I couldn't sleep Friday night so I went out to the garage and using a angle grinder and 2" flapper disc smoothed out the inside of all the plug welds I'd done on all the old armor bolt holes.

Then yesterday I'd spent most of it scrubbing and cleaning the back of the tub. I don't know that I've EVER seen the inside of my Jeep this clean even when I'd bought it.

redbank and cpia84 like this.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #785 of 820 Old 11-25-2021, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by themarkwilkins View Post
Is it just me or does a jeep bouncing up and down rough roads look kind of goofy? I think I’ve watched too many cartoons that I start seeing stuff differently.
WTF are you even talking about?
daddyjeep87 likes this.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #786 of 820 Old 11-26-2021, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Been some busy days over Thanksgiving. My daughter was at her mom's house for the holiday so I worked on the Jeep. Now I've NEVER painted anything other than some Army trucks in my life so doing this was a first for me and not without some hitches along the way.

Here is what my tub looked like.

And then I'd gotten this masking plastic with tape already installed.

And put some up to close off the front passenger area of the tub.

And my first attempt at spraying some primer.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #787 of 820 Old 11-26-2021, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Then today I started to spray in the Lizard Skin ceramic coating.

Right now I'm waiting for the first coat to dry so I can spray on the second coat. My garage isn't insulated but I have 2 heaters in it and it's about 65-70* in it right now.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #788 of 820 Old 11-27-2021, 08:26 AM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Lookin’ good, Rick.
wildman4x4nut likes this.

Build Thread:

Swing Away / Swing Down Tire Carrier:

post #789 of 820 Old 11-27-2021, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleTJ View Post
Lookin’ good, Rick.
Thanks Jeff.

Second coat of Lizard Skin applied and drying nicely. Finally gave up on it taking so long to dry and went out and turned up the heat in the garage around 2 AM. Gunna HATE seeing my electric bill. But it has made a big difference in how this stuff is drying.

And instead of just sitting around watching paint dry I did some much needed maintenance on my garage. My old outside light had a burned out bulb but it was so old I couldn't get a replacement. So I bought a new LED fixutre and installed it today.

Covered the photocell to test it out.

And the Set20 axle shaft bearings and the R&P setup kit got delivered today.

It is drying really nice now with more heat in the garage.

I'm really happy with how this stuff went on and have high hopes that it will help with some of the heat I use to feel inside the Jeep.

I do have a few spots where I'd bumped it but overall it's really turned out nice.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #790 of 820 Old 11-28-2021, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Lizard Skin was dry enough that I took the plastic down so I could start getting things setup to spray the bedliner tomorrow.

I'm really happy with how the Lizard Skin turned out. It went down really easy and I'd hope it cuts the heat I feel on the inside of the tub. Once the Jeep is running I'll report back on how I like it.

Then I started getting the tub tapped up for the bedliner. I chose a Gray color since my dash is Gray and so are my seats.

Then I vacuumed and wiped the rear of the tub down and tapped up the studs in the floor plus tin foil in the threads.

07wurubi likes this.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #791 of 820 Old 11-29-2021, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Suited up and ready to spray.

First time ever spraying bedliner but here is how it turned out.

I let it dry for a while and then took all the tape and plastic off.

07wurubi and cpia84 like this.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #792 of 820 Old 11-30-2021, 08:44 AM
cpia84
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman4x4nut View Post
Suited up and ready to spray.

First time ever spraying bedliner but here is how it turned out.

I let it dry for a while and then took all the tape and plastic off.

It is looking good!! I dig the old school BDU coveralls. They definitely come in handy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wildman4x4nut and NashvilleTJ like this.

YJOTM: Jan 2021

post #793 of 820 Old 12-01-2021, 07:50 AM
'92 vegas YJ

1992 YJ Wrangler 

That looks killer Rick. I like how you put lizard skin up front underneath the bed liner to reduce the heat. I'm curious how it works. My floorboards get how as well. I just picked up some thick rubber floor mats and so far that seems to have helped.
post #794 of 820 Old 12-01-2021, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpia84 View Post
It is looking good!! I dig the old school BDU coveralls. They definitely come in handy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old habits die hard & I like the military coveralls better too. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
That looks killer Rick. I like how you put lizard skin up front underneath the bed liner to reduce the heat. I'm curious how it works. My floorboards get how as well. I just picked up some thick rubber floor mats and so far that seems to have helped.

I could put a cup of ice in the cup holder and it'd melt in about 15 minutes of driving so yes my floorboards got warm.
I'll be sure to report how everything works. I'm hoping I did it right and it all holds up and works like it should.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #795 of 820 Old 12-02-2021, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Moving forward on things. Figured I'd start messing with the dash and getting it ready for the dual din stereo. I'd picked this up last year during a Black Friday sale.

And the new dash overlay for the dual din.

To do this I also needed to test fit the GenRight center console.

I'd bought the GenRight center console last year also right after they'd released this for the TJ so I had gotten a top cover that was setup for the shifter & switches plus a radio. I didn't need the radio slot so a quick call to GenRight and the correct one is on it's way.

07wurubi, NashvilleTJ and cpia84 like this.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in