173Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #361 of 366 Old 07-30-2020, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyMills View Post
Similarly, if you are out and about and it starts to rain unexpectedly, the last thing that you want to do is to have to stop what you are doing and go through the trouble of putting your top back on. Instead, you can easily place your Wrangler cab cover over the vehicle and continue with your day!
I'm not sure what you are talking about???

daddyjeep87 likes this.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 366 Old 07-30-2020, 11:58 AM
4Low2G0

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Every post by this SallyMills is spam.

Whats over that next ridge?
post #363 of 366 Old 08-01-2020, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Worked on the drivers side today and got the mount off. Here is the rust that is behind them for those of you who live in the rust belt. I'm glad I don't have to worry about this.

And then cleaned up ready for the new mounts when it's time.

Got one of the spring/shock mounts welded together.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #364 of 366 Old 08-07-2020, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Worked on the Jeep a little today. I got the other spring/shock tower welded together and then started mocking up where I was going to place them on the frame.

I got them both tacked onto the frame and and then mounted the air bags to them just to see how they would look.

The towers sit 17 1/4" from the front of the frame now and becasue the frame gets wider as you move forward this puts the towers so that the air bags aren't bowed anymore.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #365 of 366 Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

So I started off my day pulling both towers off because I had forgotten to install the upper shock mount tabs. Got them welded on and then tacked both towers back onto the frame. Then I checked and rechecked my my measurements and once I was sure the towers were where I wanted them I burned both onto the frame.

Passenger side

Driver side

Then I welded up some holes on the driver side of the frame from where the trackbar mount used to be. Bugger welds here we come.

Then ground them down and have a smooth frame again.

Next I'm going to pull the front axle out from under the Jeep and cut off the Rubicon Express lower shock mounts. Then I'll weld on some new lower shock mounts that are stronger.
NashvilleTJ likes this.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #366 of 366 Old Today, 08:16 AM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Great progress, Dude.

Build Thread:

Swing Away / Swing Down Tire Carrier:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in