172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #271 of 363 Old 06-23-2020, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPink42 View Post
Read through your whole build.Your rig looks awesome, do you plan on Fish plating where you welded the frame back together?
Yes one cut will be covered by the Savvy mid arm brackets and the other will have 3/16'x3' plate over it.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 363 Old 06-23-2020, 04:57 PM
MrPink42

2015 MK Patriot 

nice. i have seen some horror story's of people not plating after welding frames back together.
wildman4x4nut likes this.
post #273 of 363 Old 06-24-2020, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPink42 View Post
nice. i have seen some horror story's of people not plating after welding frames back together.
I myself have never done this before but have seen it done more than once. Blaine (mrblaine) has been offering help and advice thru this project also. To be honest I would never have done this without his suggesting it and then offering help as to how to do it all.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #274 of 363 Old 06-24-2020, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well I am going to be giving my leg at least another day of rest before I try to wear my socket anymore. I wore it for a little over an hour today and still have some leakage from the sores. The good news is most of the pain from wearing my socket is gone which is a HUGE plus for me.

This is my first experiance with not being able to wear my socket and has been a huge eye opening experiance to this. For those who don't have to deal with these things it isn't even a thought to how do you get around but it has been a experiance for me. I'm not complaining and wouldn't change what has happened.

Just know that I'll be back at it again here in a few days and I'll have my Jeep back together ASAP.
NashvilleTJ and daddyjeep87 like this.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #275 of 363 Old 06-25-2020, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm starting to lose faith in my machine shop choice. I dropped my block, heads & assorted parts off back in April and told them to take their time as I wasn't in a hurry. But we are 2 months later now and when I had spoken to them about 2 weeks ago they had told me my engine was NEXT. Then I called them yesterday and got told they had a back up in the shop so my engine still hadn't been worked on yet. Granted I am not ready to be putting my engine together BUT I could really use the block to be checking clearances with the front suspension. Guess once I am able to go back out and work on the Jeep again I'll work on other things.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #276 of 363 Old 06-25-2020, 05:06 PM
cpia84

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
2+ months is a bit ridiculous even when you state that you aren’t in a rush. Hopefully they get they heads out of their rear and start on your engine.
wildman4x4nut and WSS like this.

post #277 of 363 Old 06-27-2020, 09:46 AM
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

On your tow rig, you are correct, it is the rfe trans that poos often the allison is tried and true. Nothing to worry about now, just a toy to tow.

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

post #278 of 363 Old 06-27-2020, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSS View Post
On your tow rig, you are correct, it is the rfe trans that poos often the allison is tried and true. Nothing to worry about now, just a toy to tow.
And HOPEFULLY I'll have a toy to tow before the end of the year. Well I have one now but it'd be nice if it was running.

Edit: Quick update on ME. My leg is healing up really nicely and I'm hoping/shooting for Monday as being able to start working on the Jeep again.
Attached Thumbnails
20200627_102917.jpg  

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #279 of 363 Old 06-27-2020, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well I have a little more room in my garage now since tykesplace just picked up the old engine and transmission from the Jeep. He has a 98 SE TJ that he is going to be swapping this into. Except he plans on keeping staying with a manual tranny. But he took both to get them out of my way.
Attached Thumbnails
20200627_163817.jpg  

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #280 of 363 Old 06-28-2020, 07:28 AM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

What new toy are you thinking about, Rick?

Build Thread:

Swing Away / Swing Down Tire Carrier:

post #281 of 363 Old 06-28-2020, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleTJ View Post
What new toy are you thinking about, Rick?
No NEW toy.... Just need to get my Jeep running and driving again. It's been parked for WAY too long.

And then I need something like this to haul it with.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...1064071629190/
07wurubi likes this.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #282 of 363 Old 06-30-2020, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nothing new to add yet as the one sore on my leg wasn't healed yet so I have still been taking it easy. I think I'll be able to get back to work on the Jeep starting tomorrow but it might be Thursday. Since I still don't have my engine back from the machine shop yet I can't start messing with the front suspension. So instead it's time to work on the interior of the Jeep. I'll get everything stripped out so I can clean up the inside and then I am going to look into coating the interior with Lizard Skin but am not 100% sure yet.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #283 of 363 Old 07-01-2020, 09:51 AM
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Any word on the engine since you leaned on them? What is lizard skin? I did the inside of my CJ with a spray on liner. At the time, guys were saying I should not do it as it would look like I was hiding something. Well, plans were to keep it forever (or you know till the cows come home). I did sell it. New owner was glad it was "cleanable" with a brush and hose.

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

post #284 of 363 Old 07-01-2020, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
wildman4x4nut
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSS View Post
Any word on the engine since you leaned on them? What is lizard skin? I did the inside of my CJ with a spray on liner. At the time, guys were saying I should not do it as it would look like I was hiding something. Well, plans were to keep it forever (or you know till the cows come home). I did sell it. New owner was glad it was "cleanable" with a brush and hose.

Lizard Skin is a spray on liner that you can get in two different formulas.
Sound deadening and ceramic heat reduction. The noise I am not as worried about but the heat from the V-8 made me think about how to cut it a little. But if I am going to spray stuff in I would get both.

https://lizardskin.com/

I'm still looking at getting my headers ceramic coated and plan on also doing the Y-pipe. That will help some with the heat but I figure anything I do to help won't hurt.

Edit: No haven't heard back from the machine shop about my engine yet. I figure to call them tomorrow and check. If it isn't ready I plan on just telling them to stop and I'll just come and get it.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #285 of 363 Old 07-02-2020, 05:13 PM
'92 vegas YJ

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep is coming along nicely. Sucks about all the problems you've been having with your leg.

As far as picture hosting I have up on Photobucket and use Imgur now. I like it alot better since Photobucket tried to scam everyone a couple years ago.
wildman4x4nut likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in