Know the feeling.

2006 Impact Orange TJ X
2004 Apex Silver EVO VIII GSR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 468 Old 11-12-2013, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
TURBevO8
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just ordered this! Time to ditch the mouse ears on the front bumper. If this works well I will order 4-diode pods for the a-pillars.

http://www.extremeledlightbars.com/P...Dlightbar.aspx

Also, installed Lite-n-boltz tonight before an attempt to pass PA inspection on Monday. Wow these things suck! lol. But at least it is an attempt to light up the plate. Fingers crossed...

2006 Impact Orange TJ X
post #63 of 468 Old 12-15-2013, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
TURBevO8
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well the weather this weekend ruined my travel plans so I played around with the 4 link calculator and then modeled it up real quick. Vertical CG I just used the bell housing bolt above the starter. But really I was just more interested in a delta between where I am now and where I plan to be when I do the stretch in spring. Let me know what you guys think!

Where I am now. 94.5" WB, 35s, OME 2.5 springs and Rokmen arms.

My plan for the stretch. I added separation and some angle calcs to the Pirate download.

I got the dims for the Synergy truss from Poly's website and found dims for the JJs online as well. To make the 3D model I plotted the X, Y, Z points from the Excel file and then constrained the JJs to those points. So it matches exactly. I like seeing the same info in two different formats.

2006 Impact Orange TJ X

post #64 of 468 Old 12-17-2013, 07:50 AM
AngryTJ

2005 TJ Wrangler 

the link placement looks very similar to mine. Which frame mounts are you planning to use?

Jeep looks good I love how your build went from 2010 on 33s to... o yeah I did a whole bunch of awesome ****!

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #65 of 468 Old 12-17-2013, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
TURBevO8
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
the link placement looks very similar to mine. Which frame mounts are you planning to use?

Jeep looks good I love how your build went from 2010 on 33s to... o yeah I did a whole bunch of awesome ****!
Thanks man! Hopefully in 2014 I work towards a cleaner look like yours.

Frame brackets I think I am just going to run the salty Poly/Synergy ones. Some times you pay for convenience. Post #50 lays out my tentative plan for spring '14. I have to wait till I bring my other car out of winter storage as now the TJ is the DD. I want to run the matching Genright EXT aluminum flares and Savvy corner blanks (out of stock for 4+ weeks to date) then paint all the aluminum black. Just too blingy for me and I love the black on impact orange look.

One thing I realized while laying this out is that it is hard to have less than 8" of axle separation and keep the 25* upper angle the Poly mounts are set at. This forces your arms to be longer and forces higher frame separation. But I think what I have there will work well on ~6" rear stretch. About to start ordering parts! Currently working on my hp44 as that can be done on the bench.

2006 Impact Orange TJ X
post #66 of 468 Old 12-17-2013, 08:35 AM
AngryTJ

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBevO8 View Post
Thanks man! Hopefully in 2014 I work towards a cleaner look like yours.

Frame brackets I think I am just going to run the salty Poly/Syergy ones. Some times you pay for convenience.
No problem, I think yours will look great with some color matched armor

I used the poly brackets as well. If you have any questions let me know Ill try and help the best I can.

We will have to meet up and wheel at rausch this year

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #67 of 468 Old 12-17-2013, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
TURBevO8
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Off subject I am selling my KC slimlites stuff. I bought a 8" front LED light bar (will post pics) and can get a great deal on these JW Speaker spots from work as we use them on our equipment.

http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/wo...-4-5-round.pdf

Quote:
No problem, I think yours will look great with some color matched armor
I used the poly brackets as well. If you have any questions let me know Ill try and help the best I can.
We will have to meet up and wheel at rausch this year
Hell yeah man! I run with a good group here. I literally live off exit 14 on I81 and Rausch is exit 104 so I can be there in less than 2 hours!
And there is a cool spot in my hometown that is very fun as well. Check out www.bigrubbers4x4.org for info on Doe Valley.
Color matched with some raw WEs would look classy but for the sake of touch up and and a little bit of redneck flare I think I am going to do satin black armor with diamond Racelines to keep the black on orange theme.

Thanks in advance. I am sure I will have questions.

2006 Impact Orange TJ X
post #68 of 468 Old 12-17-2013, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
TURBevO8
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Took advantage of the 15% off sale today and ordered everything but the stuff to make the links.

2006 Impact Orange TJ X
post #69 of 468 Old 12-17-2013, 04:27 PM
AngryTJ

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Lets get a pic with those racelines mounted!

post #70 of 468 Old 12-17-2013, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
TURBevO8
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Lets get a pic with those racelines mounted!
Haha! Going to be a while my friend. That will be next year's bonus money.

Here are some pics of the light bar. For $100ish shipped I love it!

Man those JW Speaker lights are not cheap. Even at my cost they are almost $200/set with tax.

2006 Impact Orange TJ X
post #71 of 468 Old 12-17-2013, 05:54 PM
yellow_snocone
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Good looking build. What route are you going for your rear stretch? Adding frame sections or cutting into the frame?

Military Jeepers
S.W. New Mexico region

post #72 of 468 Old 12-17-2013, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
TURBevO8
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
Good looking build. What route are you going for your rear stretch? Adding frame sections or cutting into the frame?
Thanks man! I am going to cut the frame and make a custom xmember to attach to the body and gas tank skid. As for the frame rails, if I cut straight across from the "arch" to the "diagonal oval cutout" in the frame (know what I mean?) and box the sides and bottom with 1/4" and the top with 2x1x0.120 wall rect tube it will be quite a bit stronger than stock and allow me to stretch up to 7" or so and be a tad lower than now.

[By stronger I mean the area moment of inertia about the horizontal and vertical axis Ixx and Iyy have a higher value than the stock 4x2x0.120 box tube]

2006 Impact Orange TJ X
post #73 of 468 Old 12-17-2013, 06:12 PM
yellow_snocone
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like quite a lot if work sticking to using a genright tank. Something to consider is the limited height of the tank when doing your crossmember. I have a few pictures of the clearances of the 15g tank.

Military Jeepers
S.W. New Mexico region

post #74 of 468 Old 12-17-2013, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
TURBevO8
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
Sounds like quite a lot if work sticking to using a genright tank. Something to consider is the limited height of the tank when doing your crossmember. I have a few pictures of the clearances of the 15g tank.
Not having seen one installed myself I am not 100% sure what you mean by limited height of the tank. You mean the skid and where it attaches to the x-member? Pics would be much appreciated! I don't mind the work...this is one of my only hobbies anymore. Work = fun in this case.

2006 Impact Orange TJ X
post #75 of 468 Old 12-17-2013, 06:22 PM
AngryTJ

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I thought you had purchased racelines with that pic lol

the genright tanks no longer mounts to the crossmember attached to frame where the stock coil buckets are. The front of the tank mounts to the inside part of the frame and the rear still mounts in the stock location.

check the link in my sig for pics of the ext tank install

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in