Salvage auction JK resurrection, anyone replaced front crumple zone? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old Yesterday, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
poorbast

Salvage auction JK resurrection, anyone replaced front crumple zone?

I bought a 2011 JK on a salvage auction site as a project Jeep / sand toy, it'd been declared a total loss by the insurance company due to a front end collision. From the images on the auction site and vin check info I assumed that it was totalled due to frame damage, most likely being the crumple zone in the front of the radiator. That assumption turned out to be correct and I had read this area is "replaceable" as Mopar sells the replacement frame sections at 1k a pop (whew). I was able to buy the full section from a donor for much less than that and am currently working through how to approach the replacement. Does anyone have any experience with this? I dug up the factory Crysler body repair manual for the JK and they list replacing the entire crumple zone section all the way back to a tubular cross member. Mine is not damaged past the radiator so I was considering just replacing the front 8". Thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails
5frameSide.jpg   Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 5.20.59 PM.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in