'rock crawling go-cart' or something - Page 441 - JeepForum.com
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #6601 of 6609 Old 02-01-2019, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Missing her today. Hope everyone is doing well.

Attached Thumbnails
C8964484-3500-4506-B04D-34CABA3BE3F5_1549036748510.jpeg  
Pooples likes this.

OlllllllO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IndyORV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6602 of 6609 Old 02-04-2019, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry for the delay in answering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProAPBT01 View Post
I noticed it being said your rocker protection were the LJ Savvy sliders cut to fit. Did you also use the LJ backer?
That's a good question....I'm not sure there's a difference in the backers. But that's a Gerald question to confirm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b00mb00m View Post
I'm redoing my front JK axle setup to go Coilovers and fix the steering.

When you say you need to push the axle forward to make track bar link, do you say that because of the coils? IE since im going coilover i have plenty of room for hte track bar to go to the knuckle like you did. I'm about an inch forward of stock position, but going closer will make my diff more likely to interfere with track bar (making me add a bend), so what is it about moving forward that allowed straight links?
I didn't 'need' to do anything. I built the axle with centered coil spring mounts (again, there are more reasons not to do this than to do it) and once I had it lined up, I designed the steering. Its location was what it was. It sounds like you need to let your diff/track bar clearance define your axle's position. Look into a high clearance diff cover. I ran a Barnett up front.

Also what heim did you use for the axle side? Any misalignment spacer between heim and axle?

I saw were running a 3-link front setup at the end there, but didnt you do sort of a short arm geometry improvement at first where you relocated the 4 frame side link mounts and lengthened control arms? Maybe im mis-remembering.

I first did my Jk swap a couple years ago before i had a welder, so made a bunch of compromises. I now have a welder and am fixing things (like I should've done the first time). Thanks!

OlllllllO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IndyORV
post #6603 of 6609 Old 11-03-2019, 08:21 AM
someguysjeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

are you still checking in? jumped over from WF to try and ask a few questions. like any idea where the info for what you did to the evap equip might be? i must have missed it.
and dam sorry i missed this b4 i started re-clocking those C's that way was good idea.

and how'd that Genright cell work out? i'm interested but 600beans is steep.. really wondering of the baffling in particular. is it fully baffled or just a box/bowl around the p/u?

i swiped the TB mount on the C idea..........thanx for the pics, i didn't have the nerve to try and cook the pitman down , so i opted to buy a beefy flat and drill the throw hole.

post #6604 of 6609 Old 11-05-2019, 08:48 PM
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Missing her today. Hope everyone is doing well.

Same here man! Miss mine as well! I really regret not finishing my stroker build, but one day... One day!

Hope you are well!

Founder of
post #6605 of 6609 Old 11-15-2019, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguysjeep View Post
are you still checking in? jumped over from WF to try and ask a few questions. like any idea where the info for what you did to the evap equip might be? i must have missed it.
and dam sorry i missed this b4 i started re-clocking those C's that way was good idea.

and how'd that Genright cell work out? i'm interested but 600beans is steep.. really wondering of the baffling in particular. is it fully baffled or just a box/bowl around the p/u?

i swiped the TB mount on the C idea..........thanx for the pics, i didn't have the nerve to try and cook the pitman down , so i opted to buy a beefy flat and drill the throw hole.
Find your answers?

The GenRight cell was nice, but not fully baffled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
Same here man! Miss mine as well! I really regret not finishing my stroker build, but one day... One day!

Hope you are well!
You too, chief.

I miss the Jeep, but my garage is doing OK without it - ND Miata and Golf R.

OlllllllO

IndyORV
post #6606 of 6609 Old 11-16-2019, 06:00 AM
someguysjeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

no, have still not come across what you did with the vent sys for the fuel tank, the can in that passenger rear fender. i'd like to remove it, but don't need my CEL lit up full time either. i've been busy, but i'll keep diggin when i can.

i think i'm gonna pass on the Genright, 20gl is really to much for my plans. i did get through to Genright about the cell, they would not directly say anything. but when asked if it was just a pump chamber, he said no. or a partitioned/baffled tank, he said yes. seems to be no standard for what can be called baffles. RCI calls it baffled with nothing more than a pump box down in there. i'll just make my own.

thanx for the reply.
post #6607 of 6609 Old 11-21-2019, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looked in the "way back" Photobucket album and found some pictures. They're not good - old phone, taken 10 years ago.

OlllllllO

IndyORV
post #6608 of 6609 Old 11-21-2019, 05:16 PM
someguysjeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

sweet, i appreciate it. i can't see squat of any old photobook stuff.
thank you.
post #6609 of 6609 Old 11-24-2019, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Then:

Now:

OlllllllO

IndyORV

Tags
4 link , back half , bad cell pic's , batman , custom , garage queen , hendrix custom hood , indyorv , killer sa 4 link , ocd , pimpest jeep ever on 35s , rokmen hi lines , suspension calculator , the chit chat thread , the dark knight

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in