Project: Underestimated - 2001 TJ LCG Build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 64 Old 05-14-2019, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
caronaxtr2

Brown Santa showed up today;

My winch came in so I figured i'd go out after work & mount it up.

Mounted up

I ran the power & ground up under & through the grill & exited behind the passenger headlight. From there, I ran it right to the battery.

Plenty of clearance between the grill & the back of the winch. All I have to do now is zip-tie the wires together so they don't rub the grill.

Other goodies came if from Amazon.

RTIC Cooler, some tubs for dry storage, and other camping supplies. My buddy & I are heading down to the Bantam Jeep Festival in a couple of weeks.

Builds:
2002 WJ-ARB's f/r, swapped D44A, 4.5" Clayton, 33" SST Pro's, winch, armor, and other doo-dads
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 TJ-T.B.D. as I'm still buildin' it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 Old 05-15-2019, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
caronaxtr2

So got the front end buttoned up for now, still have to go through everything & double check that everything is tight.

Started working on the rear this afternoon after work, Mehhh, didn't have much luck, some bolts were seized up pretty good & I didn't have the correct sockets for my impact. I'll head over to Lowes tomorrow & buy what I need along with some more BP Blaster.

Just to get an idea of what it'll look like when she's all lifted

Some more goodies showed up today from Barnes4x4

New Track bar bolt & nut

Also picked up some of their 1/2" Bolt Protectors for the skid.

They are really nice. I think i'll go with the UCF Ultra High Clearance Skid so the protectors will work nice with that.

I added the Barnes 4x4 stickers to my pile, can't wait till I can use em..

My packet of info just came for Bantam next month. This will be my first time going down to Bantam for the festival.

***** anyone have any tips on getting the Torx bolt out of the rear Track Bar? Those Torx bolts are going to be the death of me! *****

Builds:
2002 WJ-ARB's f/r, swapped D44A, 4.5" Clayton, 33" SST Pro's, winch, armor, and other doo-dads

post #63 of 64 Old 05-16-2019, 09:46 AM
07wurubi
2006 LJ Rubicon

2006 LJ Wrangler 

The bolt protector, never seen that before. Pretty cool idea to protect the head of the bolts from rocks on the skid plate.

Mike Fox

My Jeeps:
00 Wrangler Sport

06 Wrangler LJ Rubicon
work in progress.

post #64 of 64 Old 05-16-2019, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
caronaxtr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07wurubi View Post
The bolt protector, never seen that before. Pretty cool idea to protect the head of the bolts from rocks on the skid plate.
They're machined really nice too. For the price you can't beat them!

07wurubi likes this.

Builds:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in