Project "Close enough" - HuLuD44's TJ Build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
 43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 785 Old 12-04-2014, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
hulud44

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Got a hold of Zach from AtoZ fab today. I had an issue with the windshield spreader they sent for the cage kit I have. Everything else fit great or needed a little trimming but the windshield spreader was a few inches too short. There was no way to make it fit. So I shot him an email and he got right back to me. Gave him the measurements and he ll be sending a new one right out. Thats customer service! As soon as that gets here Ill be able to get that and the V spreader done. Then its on to the back cage, and everything else. Also should be getting all the axle shafts today. Waiting on brown Santa. He's late today...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 785 Old 12-04-2014, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
hulud44

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Makes the work day go by so much faster...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #63 of 785 Old 12-06-2014, 04:12 AM
tjwood02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Great build definitely inspiring. Any more videos? Also any specs on the white jeep? The music's good too hahh.

post #64 of 785 Old 12-06-2014, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
hulud44

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Which white one? TJ or XJ?

post #65 of 785 Old 12-06-2014, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
hulud44

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Painfully slow at work yesterday so I decided to play on the loading dock for some poser shots. ahhaha Not the biggest ledge, only 2.5' but good for stretching the legs a little.

Paying around with the super joints. Seem solid as hell. Ive never dealt with these or CTMs but the difference in quality over Spicers or Alloy X Joints is ridiculous. They are heavy! Come with full C clips and little rubber O rings for the inside of the caps which I thought was a nice touch. Also comes with a nifty little grease gun and lube.

Tonight im gonna head out into the garage and mess around. Its still pretty full so I dont think I can get my Jeep in there but Ill be able to get the joints in the shafts, cut the brackets for the antirock and possibly bet it installed if I can nose the Jeep in. We will see.

post #66 of 785 Old 12-06-2014, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
hulud44

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Found a little time to get in the garage tonight. Couldnt do anything heavy cause the garage is still full and I could only nose in out of the rain. Assembled the front axles. Went together without issue. Then decided to swap the new harness seats in. I never thought seats would make such a big deal. Its nice being held in one place. Also took the sound bar off and readjusted the stereo. Ive been talking to DND offroad to see if they can bend me up the main C pillar. Ill save me time and wasting the little tube I have on screw ups. Ill be cutting and notching all the tie ins and hoop.

For the cage Im also thinking about adding a slanted door bar to tie in the A and B. It will make it a PITA to get into but those new seats already make it so you have to climb in. Ill have to see how much DOM I have left.

out with the old

Bad pic. Ill get another tomorrow.

post #67 of 785 Old 12-07-2014, 12:20 AM
awinski

2012 JK Wrangler 

Didn't realize you were close to dnd. Mikes a great guy and I'm glad to see the business really take off. If you make it low enough the a to b shouldn't be too bad I would think.

The ONLY chlorophyll JK
one more horse power than the average pentastar;

twitter/IG - @Becauseracejeep
post #68 of 785 Old 12-07-2014, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
hulud44

2000 TJ Wrangler 

not really close. But a guy in my club is a dealer for him on LI. And I like supporting smaller companies.

post #69 of 785 Old 12-07-2014, 07:59 AM
janesy86

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Seats look good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulud44 View Post
For the cage Im also thinking about adding a slanted door bar to tie in the A and B. It will make it a PITA to get into but those new seats already make it so you have to climb in. Ill have to see how much DOM I have left.
Only problem, is the door panels. Not much room at all to sneak a tube through there. I'll probably just end up going real low to the tub and then just using that to tie the seats into, with more tube going across the tub..

Follow on Instagram: nickjanes***** *replace ***** w/ pregnantdog
post #70 of 785 Old 12-07-2014, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
hulud44

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just took a better look at the A to B. There seems like there ll be plenty of room. I ll have to decide on coming from above or below the door latch. Depending how intrusive I wanna make it. But Im leaning towards screw it and make it high up. Im pretty much over DD comfort by now. Eventually Id like to tie the seats into the cage. But Ill wait till I start replacing frame with tube for that ahhah

Got a CAD drawing from Mike from DND for the rear cage pieces. Nice and simple. And for a damn good price. As soon as I get these in I can start cutting the pieces for the rest of it. Pretty excited about this one.

post #71 of 785 Old 12-08-2014, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
hulud44

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Got the new windshield spreader bar from AtoZ today. It was cut too short when I got the kit. Zach was happy to cut another and got it right out to me. AtoZ Fab, awesome customer service. Have to wait till I get home to test fit but it should be perfect. Gonna weld it in tomorrow along with the V spreader for the windshield

post #72 of 785 Old 12-11-2014, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
hulud44

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Messing around last night. Trying to track down a belt squeak. Its pretty bad. In the past few months Ive done a power steering pump, idler pulley, tensioner pulley, and new belt. The sound keep jumping. I think its either the water pump or fan clutch. Turned the pulley and it didnt seem blown out. The fan clutch isnt bad either. Maybe a little loose. But the noise is def coming from somewhere in the lower middle. Hope its not the crank pulley...

Also got the windshield spreader in last night. Was gonna throw the V in too but I decided to hold off. Its way more intrusive than I thought it would be. Even the windshield spreader will take some getting use to.

post #73 of 785 Old 12-11-2014, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
hulud44

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Tracked down the squeal. Looks like a bad water bump bearing. Changing it tonight. Gotta me fresh for the monthly Jeep meet tomorrow night.

post #74 of 785 Old 12-14-2014, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
hulud44

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well changed the water pump. Squeal was gone for about an hour but has come back. Pretty frustrated at this point. gonna go pick up a stethoscope. Maybe that ll help. only pulleys left are the crank and alt. I did the power steering pump no to long ago and Im starting to think that may be the issue. I didnt really seat the pulley flush to the pump and Ive read that can cause an issue. I dont really feel like pulling it out pressing it on and putting it back in cause I have the Hydro assist waiting to go in. Thankfully the pulley is already on the PSC pump. kinda hoping its the alt. even though theres been no electrical issues. I just want a mean green...

Also the rear cage pieces arrive on Tues. So can start working on that soon. Dont know when Ill be able to find time. This next week at work is INSANE... But that should be helpful with the atlas and tow rig.

post #75 of 785 Old 12-14-2014, 12:01 PM
riot1987

1997 ZJ 

Are those mean green units worth it or what? I feel like when mine fails, Ill be looking into one of those

Build thread^^

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in