519Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2251 of 2280 Old 02-15-2020, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

And here it is in action.

Build Thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Swing Away / Swing Down Tire Carrier:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2252 of 2280 Old 02-15-2020, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

And here is the weld after a bit of wire brushing. Since I was just testing the foot switch, I didn't spend any time getting the welder set up correctly. I got a bunch of spatter, but the weld was not too bad. I'm calling the switch a success.

Next, I need to work on a motorized rotating mechanism...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0021.jpg  

Build Thread:

post #2253 of 2280 Old 02-15-2020, 07:53 PM
wildman4x4nut

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome IDEA!!!
Because of my amputation I have been trying to figure out how I would use the Tig pedal since I am right handed. Now of course I have NEVER tig welded before so it's going to be interesting just trying to get the hang of it period.
But I really like your idea for the mig when I need to have both hands for doing something. Hoping I'll be building some link here in the coming months.

Always enjoy seeing what you come up with as you work on your Jeep.

After reading your posts about shop compressors I feel like I have the baby in my garage. I just have a Craftsman 60 gallon 7.5 cfm setup. I have a spare 60 gallon tank that I have thought about plumbing into the system but have never hooked it up.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #2254 of 2280 Old 02-15-2020, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks Rick. Iím a little too embarrassed to say how big my tank is...
wildman4x4nut and WSS like this.

Build Thread:

post #2255 of 2280 Old 02-15-2020, 11:25 PM
wildman4x4nut

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleTJ View Post
Thanks Rick. Iím a little too embarrassed to say how big my tank is...
Well I'd love to just have your garage...Ö..

When I had mine built I thought 24X30' would be big enough. Now I wish I had gone twice that size if not more. Plus I should have made it tall enough to install a lift. You know what they say about hind sight.....

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #2256 of 2280 Old 02-16-2020, 01:02 AM
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Very clever! If your going to do much rotary work, try a tweco roto ground, you can see one in the bottom right of first pic:

The piece shown was done on a weld head positioner (rotary) by me on Wednesday. The second pic shows the final "icing", positioner jaw chuck can be seen in back of pic

These little doo dads are cool, switch is in base and comes with a adjustable torch holder:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bug-O-Conta...4AAOSw2yNbSM1w

The ideal torch holder for manual operation is a rack and rail, but I have been using underwater flash/strobe arms that use the 1" ball for manual positioning of torch, rigid enough to be still but also smooth enough to be moved at will
NashvilleTJ likes this.

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

post #2257 of 2280 Old 03-01-2020, 04:59 PM
KristPJ
1976 CJ7 

Sweet build! I just started reading your build thread, I sure will keep updated on it, you work very well and clean. I do like the innovations you build either on the jeep or your shop. I just updated my build page, and saw your comment. Thanks

Krist

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-cj7-pj-edition-complete-rebuild-1628105
post #2258 of 2280 Old 03-03-2020, 03:28 PM
'92 vegas YJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Stopping in to see if you're ok after last night. Let me know if you need anything.
post #2259 of 2280 Old 03-03-2020, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
Stopping in to see if you're ok after last night. Let me know if you need anything.
We are good, Chris. Thanks for asking. Nasty night for parts of Tennessee, though. 25 fatalities as of now.

Build Thread:

post #2260 of 2280 Old 03-03-2020, 05:35 PM
'92 vegas YJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Good to hear that you're alright. Sad to hear about the tragedies. We got a pretty good storm out here but nothing as bad.
post #2261 of 2280 Old 03-03-2020, 10:20 PM
wildman4x4nut

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Glad to hear you are okay. Sorry about those who didn't make it. Hope things settle down for you weather wise. Stay safe and take care of yourself and family.

You need to start thinking about bringing that monster out here to the PNW once my TJ is running again so I can show you around.
NashvilleTJ likes this.

WILDMAN

Cle Elum, WA

post #2262 of 2280 Old 03-15-2020, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Ok, my Diehard Platinum AGM battery has given up the ghost. It's not holding a charge sitting for a few days. I've had it in there for quite some time now, so I guess it's time. So here is my question:

Should I get the Red Top, the Yellow Top, or the Blue Top?

Build Thread:

post #2263 of 2280 Old 03-15-2020, 08:21 PM
jjvw

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Odyssey Extreme

2003 Rubicon

post #2264 of 2280 Old 03-15-2020, 09:27 PM
Randonexplosion

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Deka Intimidator is a good option. My Jeep sits in a cold garage for weeks/months at a time in Colorado and hasnt had any problems is 3 or 4 years.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

post #2265 of 2280 Old 03-15-2020, 11:51 PM
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have a yellow top from waaay back that I still carry as a spare. It gets used rarly but always ready to work, That said, I went with Odyssey Extreme on the TJ mostly cause they had a size that would fit where I needed them. They work too, just like the yellow top.

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in