Just another LJ build - Page 281 - JeepForum.com
 34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4201 of 4217 Old 02-04-2020, 09:40 AM
07wurubi
2006 LJ Rubicon

2006 LJ Wrangler 

And he got a AEV Hiline kit with the purchase. Seen this on FB LJ group. Very nice. What's the engine bay look like in it with the LS1?

Mike Fox

My Jeep:
06 Wrangler LJ Rubicon
work in progress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4202 of 4217 Old 03-15-2020, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
G Beasley

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleTJ View Post
We are judging you, and you should be ashamed. You should immediately ship it to one of us to save face.

But damn, Greg, that is schweet!
I mean I can ship it with enough funds deposited into my account...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07wurubi View Post
And he got a AEV Hiline kit with the purchase. Seen this on FB LJ group. Very nice. What's the engine bay look like in it with the LS1?

Its pretty clean under the hood.

Has a draw that I am trying to figure out , but its pretty driveable as is .
07wurubi likes this.

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
post #4203 of 4217 Old 03-15-2020, 01:53 PM
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

What's goin on here!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4204 of 4217 Old 03-15-2020, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
G Beasley

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
What's goin on here!
I have five LJ's and a Brute? Theres two XJ two doors as well and Kimbo's JKUR. Where ya been?!

post #4205 of 4217 Old 03-15-2020, 09:42 PM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

The LS looks great, Greg. Well, that is if you like the clutter of all those spark plug wires....

(Just a little Hemi humor there - )

Build Thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Swing Away / Swing Down Tire Carrier:

post #4206 of 4217 Old 03-19-2020, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
G Beasley

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The LS looks great, Greg. Well, that is if you like the clutter of all those spark plug wires....

(Just a little Hemi humor there - )
Funny stuff! I have wanted a V8 for a while and I was happy with either option.

New tires are here for my green LJ. They are 35x12.5 r15 MTZ's and they are slightly short of 35 which is what I need vs the super tall razors I had.

Also have the red LJ ready for a new home , just have to install a soft top as the hard top is staying here.

post #4207 of 4217 Old 03-19-2020, 03:43 PM
06JeepXKHEMI

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
All joking aside, any LJs you want to sell?! Iím getting back into one as a third vehicle. I caught the bug by jumping back into this thread a few months ago and now Iíve got a virus I canít get rid of!

05 LJRubi Currie 4" Springs, Savvy Fox shocks, MC trackbars, MC CA's single adj lower double uppers, 37x13.50 Cooper STT Pros on 17x9 ATX Ravine, MC Overlines front, Genright rear, Revolution 5.38s, Carolina Driveline driveshafts, MCAI
post #4208 of 4217 Old 03-20-2020, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
G Beasley

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
All joking aside, any LJs you want to sell?! Iím getting back into one as a third vehicle. I caught the bug by jumping back into this thread a few months ago and now Iíve got a virus I canít get rid of!
Yes , pm me your number and I will give you the run down.
06JeepXKHEMI likes this.

post #4209 of 4217 Old 03-21-2020, 09:24 AM
06JeepXKHEMI

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Yes , pm me your number and I will give you the run down.

Done! Thank you

05 LJRubi Currie 4" Springs, Savvy Fox shocks, MC trackbars, MC CA's single adj lower double uppers, 37x13.50 Cooper STT Pros on 17x9 ATX Ravine, MC Overlines front, Genright rear, Revolution 5.38s, Carolina Driveline driveshafts, MCAI
post #4210 of 4217 Old 04-11-2020, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
G Beasley

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quarantine time has been productive here on the hill.

I found a heck of a deal on Baja MTZ's @$124 each , so off came the Razors which were too tall for my Jeep. The Baja's fit perfectly and are super quiet. They did take a lot of weight to balance which may hurt me down the road as they wear , but they are buttery smooth on the highway. No offroad testing as of yet , but I may venture over to the farm to try them out as most everything is closed.

Washed , polished and waxed.

Been driving it a lot with the weather so nice.

Got a dog , and she is learning the ropes to be a great Jeep / Shop dog.

Replaced the tired factory springs with some 1" H&R springs. Everything came apart so easy , I love a Southern Jeep!

The Cherokee is almost done! So many projects wrapping up is an odd thing for me.

Sold Ted the LJ.

Replaced the alternator , figured out the wiring bugs and now I need a idle air control! I have been putting some miles on the Brute and it just keeps getting better. Next up is axles.

Speaking of axles...

And I think that brings everything up to date other than the Yeti steering on my wifes JKUR.
bbusch, 07wurubi and NashvilleTJ like this.

post #4211 of 4217 Old 04-11-2020, 01:37 PM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

I joke with my buddies that the true measure of a man is how many cylinders he owns. Everything counts, cars, boats, air compressors, weed wackers, chain saws, nitro RC cars, etc. You, my friend, have a hole lot of cylinders just in Jeeps!

Always love seeing your collection.

Jeff

Build Thread:

Swing Away / Swing Down Tire Carrier:

post #4212 of 4217 Old 04-12-2020, 08:57 AM
cpia84

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Wow that is an amazing collection of Jeeps! A Jeep brute or a variation of sorts is on my list of builds. If your brute was sold verses the Gladiator sold at stealerships now a days i would definitely be buying that.

Where in NC do you wheel or do you go to VA more often? I know about Uwharrie but i want to see what else is out there. Im nearing the end of my YJ build, well the current rendition of it, and i want to have a trips lines up for when COVID-19 mess passes.

post #4213 of 4217 Old 04-14-2020, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
G Beasley

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I joke with my buddies that the true measure of a man is how many cylinders he owns. Everything counts, cars, boats, air compressors, weed wackers, chain saws, nitro RC cars, etc. You, my friend, have a hole lot of cylinders just in Jeeps!

Always love seeing your collection.

Jeff
74 cylinders counting the chain saw and weedeater? I have a nice little two door Cherokee getting ready to come out of the paint shop next , I think its getting a slight lift and and some 33x10.5 bfgs I have here in stock. Once its dialed in I am selling it so that will drop me into the 60's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpia84 View Post
Wow that is an amazing collection of Jeeps! A Jeep brute or a variation of sorts is on my list of builds. If your brute was sold verses the Gladiator sold at stealerships now a days i would definitely be buying that.

Where in NC do you wheel or do you go to VA more often? I know about Uwharrie but i want to see what else is out there. Im nearing the end of my YJ build, well the current rendition of it, and i want to have a trips lines up for when COVID-19 mess passes.
I head West as much as possible to Colorado and Utah . Uwharrie is fun in the middle of the week and Potts Mountain is a short hop away. But once you go out West the local trails seem short.

For Eastern wheeling I probably spend more time on the Outer Banks than anywhere else as that is where I grew up and I love going back home. Oak Ridge is pretty good , but its only open a few times a year to limited paid participation.

Windrock will probably be my next run , or some of the stuff in West Virginia once we are cleared to be free again.

post #4214 of 4217 Old 04-14-2020, 06:17 PM
cpia84

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
I head West as much as possible to Colorado and Utah . Uwharrie is fun in the middle of the week and Potts Mountain is a short hop away. But once you go out West the local trails seem short.

For Eastern wheeling I probably spend more time on the Outer Banks than anywhere else as that is where I grew up and I love going back home. Oak Ridge is pretty good , but its only open a few times a year to limited paid participation.

Windrock will probably be my next run , or some of the stuff in West Virginia once we are cleared to be free again.
Thanks. I know the beach is always a great option. I have seen the trails at Windrock and that is on my list. I definitely would like to go to MOAB but that will probably be a couple of years, im hoping spring 2022. I am still in the build phase so i plan on taking this summer to dial things in and see what the next steps will be.

I appreciate the info and you have some great builds!

post #4215 of 4217 Old 04-15-2020, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
G Beasley

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpia84 View Post
Thanks. I know the beach is always a great option. I have seen the trails at Windrock and that is on my list. I definitely would like to go to MOAB but that will probably be a couple of years, im hoping spring 2022. I am still in the build phase so i plan on taking this summer to dial things in and see what the next steps will be.

I appreciate the info and you have some great builds!
Thanks and you're welcome for the info. I am going to try and get to Moab this year , heck I would like to make it a yearly thing again like I used to do.

Tags
crappy paint , jana k4 , jeep-owner.com , needs to go wheeling , old man emu , rubicon unlimited , savvy offroad

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in