24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4171 of 4198 Old 03-23-2019, 09:50 PM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Very cool, Greg.

Build Thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Swing Away / Swing Down Tire Carrier:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4172 of 4198 Old 03-25-2019, 03:11 PM
snobrder540

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Will go check it out , good axles for sure. I have an 8.8 in the rear of the Cherokee. I owned an 02 WRX for about an hour , but thats a story for another thread. Awesome cars...
Yeah I had the 8.8 swapped onto my 2000 TJ. I know the D44 I have is great as well but I know the 8.8 is a bit stronger and it's already set up to fit the LJ so why not?

I probably should've gotten rid of the WRX a long time ago but I just can't. It's way to much fun on a twisty road. I overbuilt the car in the hopes it will translate into reliability. I'm currently pushing 357hp and 375tq at the wheels.

Quote:
I havent done it yet , still have all the parts on the shelf. I am happy with the performance and ride of the green LJ so I have left it be. My son and I will probably install the towers on the black one we have been working on as a father son project.
Do you have a build thread for that one? I'd like to see how the outboarding goes in case I need to do it someday.

Quote:
There are Seven Jeeps are on the hill currently , though the white TJ is sold. There are also two Excursions , Dad's F 150 and the company car. I am going to sell one or two LJ's and both Excursions. I plan to put a new ring and pinion in Dad's truck and possibly add a super charger to help it get along a little better.
Have you taken a look at the sidewinder turbo kit for the 4.0L? I'm not sure if the truck you are referring to is a jeep but the kit looks nice. Plus with all the research I did on turbo systems for the WRX it'd be nice to use all that knowledge again. If I ever do add it to mine it will be a long way down the road. My old TJ had the angry squirrels so I'm just happy to have the 4.0...for now.

I'll be learning how to weld at some point, before that I need a garage of my own. I currently rent and share a garage with my neighbor. I'm luck she doesn't use it and we have a good relationship because I already have parts and tools occupying a small conner of her side of the garage.

Your post on my thread made me realize I need to update it.

post #4173 of 4198 Old 03-26-2019, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
G Beasley

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleTJ View Post
Very cool, Greg.
Thanks , I cant wait to get the black one off to paint and wind things down for a bit. Not sure if swapping an auto into my green one is winding down , but it seems like it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrder540 View Post
Yeah I had the 8.8 swapped onto my 2000 TJ. I know the D44 I have is great as well but I know the 8.8 is a bit stronger and it's already set up to fit the LJ so why not?
No worries , I was just asking. If I could have found a 44 I would have gone that route in the Cherokee for the width. I am happy with the 8.8 though.

Quote:
I probably should've gotten rid of the WRX a long time ago but I just can't. It's way to much fun on a twisty road. I overbuilt the car in the hopes it will translate into reliability. I'm currently pushing 357hp and 375tq at the wheels.
I like the boxxer , but I am not sure how far I would have pushed one if I built it. Daily driver with lots of fun turns is what I was looking for .

Quote:
Do you have a build thread for that one? I'd like to see how the outboarding goes in case I need to do it someday.
I am mostly on Jeep-Owner DOT com. Not sure how kosher it is to link to other boards but I mention it in my signature below as well. I loved this board and posted a lot when Keith owned it. I was even a paid member up until Vertical Scope bought it out. Since then I havent been on here as much with all the ads and clutter. So another friend and I started Jeep-Owner. I come over here to update for my friends that dont get online much and to keep this old thread a going.

Quote:
Have you taken a look at the sidewinder turbo kit for the 4.0L? I'm not sure if the truck you are referring to is a jeep but the kit looks nice. Plus with all the research I did on turbo systems for the WRX it'd be nice to use all that knowledge again. If I ever do add it to mine it will be a long way down the road. My old TJ had the angry squirrels so I'm just happy to have the 4.0...for now.
I would be adding a supercharger to my dads F150 I inherited a few years back to get a little more oomph out of it. The only turbo in the yard is on the 7.3 in the Excursion, I dont think I will mess with the 4.0s as they have plenty of power for what I do.

Quote:
I'll be learning how to weld at some point, before that I need a garage of my own. I currently rent and share a garage with my neighbor. I'm luck she doesn't use it and we have a good relationship because I already have parts and tools occupying a small conner of her side of the garage.

Your post on my thread made me realize I need to update it.
Find a cheap welder on marketplace and just start welding junk together. A 100 to 175 Lincoln or Miller wont take up much space.

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com

post #4174 of 4198 Old 05-12-2019, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
G Beasley

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Threads getting older and so am I , time to make for easier wrenching.

Almost 200K on the old 7.3 Excursion and still doing work.

Bout killed me getting it in the garage as the humidity was somewhere north of 300%!

Lift in place and ready to be centered.

Hover Jeep engaged! I need to get some stackable rubber lift blocks so the Jeep lifts level without the 4x4 out back.

07wurubi and Carp3Noot3m like this.

post #4175 of 4198 Old 05-26-2019, 01:35 PM
Carp3Noot3m

I just wanted to say thank you and your gear guy for the detailed info on the Pig Pinion kit! I looked and looked for install info online and found nearly nothing on it and both me and my gear guy were stumped. He was also uncomfortable with the number of pinion shims too I found your build thread and showed him.

I tried to read through the whole thread but there's a ton of info. Was just wondering how the gears are holding up with long drives and wheeling?

Thanks a Bunch!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #4176 of 4198 Old 05-29-2019, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
G Beasley

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carp3Noot3m View Post
I just wanted to say thank you and your gear guy for the detailed info on the Pig Pinion kit! I looked and looked for install info online and found nearly nothing on it and both me and my gear guy were stumped. He was also uncomfortable with the number of pinion shims too I found your build thread and showed him.

I tried to read through the whole thread but there's a ton of info. Was just wondering how the gears are holding up with long drives and wheeling?

Thanks a Bunch!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I'm glad the info helped , the size of the pinion shim stack seemed crazy to us at the time as well . Back when we did the pre Jana 44 install there seemed to be a lot of unknowns so I wanted to put as much info out there as possible for the next person. The gears are holding up fine and have 10k miles on them give or take. The biggest issue I had was with the rough surfaces on the yoke eating the pinion seals. The seals have been trouble free since the yokes were polished on the lathe.

I dont get it out on the trails nearly as much as I used to , but it still does well. I plan on heading West with it this Fall if my work schedule holds up and spending some quality time down South of Moab.

post #4177 of 4198 Old 06-09-2019, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
G Beasley

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Time for new tires and wheels? Definitely ordering some tires soon as the BFG's just dont hook up like they used to. They have no checking or damage and tons of tread but I think they have gotten hard. I am looking at the Milestar Patagonias in a 35" height with either a 15" or 17" wheel size depending on what I decide to do with the wheels. I havent found any bad reviews of the Milestars yet and best of all they are reasonably priced at www.northridge4x4.com with free shipping as well.

Now on to the wheels , I would love a set of AEV Saverge wheels in bronze , but I cant find any in the 5 on 4.5 pattern. After that I dont have a favorite , though I do have a set of wheel vintiques steelies itching to go on something hanging out here in the garage...

post #4178 of 4198 Old 06-09-2019, 11:41 AM
06JeepXKHEMI

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
Itís great to see this build still going, feel like Iíve been following it for 20 yrs!

Iím a huge fan on the Cooper STT Pros. Donít have experience on the milestars but not a fan of their tread design/appearance, which doesnít say much. I recently scored a hell of a deal on Toyo RTs and am really impressed with them so far on my JLUR.

For wheels, the AEV borahs in spent brass would give a nice look with your setup.

Anyway you go, Iíll be dropping in to watch it unfold!

05 LJRubi Currie 4" Springs, Savvy Fox shocks, MC trackbars, MC CA's single adj lower double uppers, 37x13.50 Cooper STT Pros on 17x9 ATX Ravine, MC Overlines front, Genright rear, Revolution 5.38s, Carolina Driveline driveshafts, MCAI
post #4179 of 4198 Old 06-17-2019, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
G Beasley

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
Itís great to see this build still going, feel like Iíve been following it for 20 yrs!

Iím a huge fan on the Cooper STT Pros. Donít have experience on the milestars but not a fan of their tread design/appearance, which doesnít say much. I recently scored a hell of a deal on Toyo RTs and am really impressed with them so far on my JLUR.

For wheels, the AEV borahs in spent brass would give a nice look with your setup.

Anyway you go, Iíll be dropping in to watch it unfold!
Good looking wheels , I hadnt seen the Borahs , much less in the spent brass. Still figuring out which way I want to go , and I have been distracted by another Rubicon Unlimited that I am bringing to the hill .

I am not stuck on the Milestars but the price is hard to beat for the performance folks seem to be getting out of them .

We have a big trip coming up and a job change so things will be slow for a bit, but pics are coming soon!

post #4180 of 4198 Old 08-22-2019, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
G Beasley

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ordered new tires for my Green LJ , got the black LJ painted , bought another Impact Orange LJ and a Khaki LJ.

Busy times on the hill .

post #4181 of 4198 Old 08-23-2019, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
G Beasley

2005 LJ Wrangler 

New tire time , well sort of . I dropped off the wheels to get mounted and will pick them up Monday.

voodooridr likes this.

post #4182 of 4198 Old 08-23-2019, 04:47 PM
voodooridr

Is that a GenRight front bumper?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
post #4183 of 4198 Old 08-23-2019, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
G Beasley

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooridr View Post
Is that a GenRight front bumper?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
It's a Rokmen'ish copy I made in the shop.

post #4184 of 4198 Old 08-23-2019, 09:21 PM
voodooridr

Quote:
It's a Rokmen'ish copy I made in the shop.
Came out really nice, I like it
post #4185 of 4198 Old 08-24-2019, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
G Beasley

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooridr View Post
Came out really nice, I like it
Thanks , it was a lot of work getting the notches right but it was worth it to me as I couldnt afford the Rokmen at the time but I had tubing and a bender.
voodooridr likes this.

Tags
crappy paint , jana k4 , jeep-owner.com , needs to go wheeling , old man emu , rubicon unlimited , savvy offroad

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in