1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #721 of 748 Old 08-28-2016, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
jeepinhokie

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Great trip to RC.

Attached Images

HOKIES UNITED!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 748 Old 04-25-2017, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
jeepinhokie

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Waiting on my steering box and ram to return from west Texas offroad for my redneck ram.

Replaced the axle side of my track bar the other day too.
SKU MB01B701740
http://jksmfg.com/i-17844193-oe-rubb...ategory:398030

Wheeling trip May 19 before baby number two shuts down the fun for a little while

HOKIES UNITED!

post #723 of 748 Old 04-25-2017, 07:20 PM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinhokie View Post
now that the top and doors are back on for the fall, the vibration from the polyurathane crossmember mounts has gotten on my last nerve.

I reached out to Brown Dog Industries for some possible help getting some rubber replacements. apparently rubber mounts are much more expensive to produce which is why so few companies invest the money into producing them. A few emails later talking with Tim at Brown Dog i was able to give him some rough measurements that i got from Ruffstuff and he thinks he may have something on his shelf that will work. within the hour he had one being shipped to my door. if they do work Tim and I work out the details. but i see this being something that brown dog and ruffstuff could team up on. allowing ruffstuff to sell rubber mounts.

this set up would be ideal b/c i already have rubber brown dog motor mounts. i feel the mounts would compliment eachother nicely.

Either way Brown Dog is an awesome company to work with.

Fingers crossed it fits.

I just read through your thread, and wanted to thank you for this post. I've had the same driveline vibrations since installing a GenRight tranny mount with poly bushings. From your description, I was able to find the right rubber bushings from Brown Dog and have ordered a set to replace the poly. Thanks again.

Enjoyed your thread - great build. It looks like you and I also have a few things in common beyond Jeeps. I'm a woodworker as well, and I great up in Maryland - lived in Baltimore, Bel Air, Perry Hall, and finally Easton. I do miss the water - and the snow.

Jeff

Build Thread:

Swing Away / Swing Down Tire Carrier:

post #724 of 748 Old 04-25-2017, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
jeepinhokie

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleTJ
I just read through your thread, and wanted to thank you for this post. I've had the same driveline vibrations since installing a GenRight tranny mount with poly bushings. From your description, I was able to find the right rubber bushings from Brown Dog and have ordered a set to replace the poly. Thanks again. Enjoyed your thread - great build. It looks like you and I also have a few things in common beyond Jeeps. I'm a woodworker as well, and I great up in Maryland - lived in Baltimore, Bel Air, Perry Hall, and finally Easton. I do miss the water - and the snow. Jeff
glad to be of help.

HOKIES UNITED!

post #725 of 748 Old 07-26-2017, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
jeepinhokie

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Broke a shock last wheeling trip due to the bumpstops being rotten. Was able to swap shocks and new bumpstops without breaking any more upper shock bolts. Had to cut the lower bolts off but that's a different story. Also grabbed a trailer of my own. Kaufman 18' should do the trick.
Attached Images

HOKIES UNITED!

post #726 of 748 Old 07-26-2017, 04:20 PM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

I have a 20' Kaufman myself - great trailer.

Build Thread:

post #727 of 748 Old 07-28-2017, 01:48 PM
blysccr
2003 TJ Wrangler 

hows the WTO steering working out? Do you drive it on the road any since the trailer?
post #728 of 748 Old 07-28-2017, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
jeepinhokie

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blysccr
hows the WTO steering working out? Do you drive it on the road any since the trailer?
it's good. The pump needs to be modified to help but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Off-road I notice more power to steer but not to its full potential yet due to the pump

Drive on the road pretty often. Nothing unusual on road. A little slow to react but I expect that to change when I get around to the pump mod.

HOKIES UNITED!

post #729 of 748 Old 07-29-2017, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
jeepinhokie

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ready for her maiden voyage. Wish I was wheeling and not just going to the beach, but I'll take it.
Attached Images

HOKIES UNITED!

post #730 of 748 Old 07-29-2017, 05:16 PM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Jealous. I'm from MD, and miss the bay and the beach a bunch. Where are you heading - OC, Rehoboth, Dewey?

Build Thread:

post #731 of 748 Old 07-30-2017, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
jeepinhokie

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleTJ
Jealous. I'm from MD, and miss the bay and the beach a bunch. Where are you heading - OC, Rehoboth, Dewey?
We headed to OBX in Duck. Will be headed to drive in the beach with the Jeep and probably the truck. Get the whole family out and about away from the crowds.

Have a 5 week old baby and a 92 year old so we're not doing a whole lot.
Attached Images

HOKIES UNITED!

post #732 of 748 Old 08-01-2017, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
jeepinhokie

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Good day.

Beach driving, horses and pulled an F-150 out of the sand.
Attached Images

HOKIES UNITED!

post #733 of 748 Old 08-01-2017, 07:03 PM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Livin' the dream there, Hokie. I really miss the Atlantic. I've been to Duck many times - cool area.

Build Thread:

post #734 of 748 Old 12-06-2017, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
jeepinhokie

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Lots going on over the past few weeks/months.

modified my PS pump for the redneck ram, took a wheeling trip in October to AOAA and Rausch, Wheeled Raucsh again in November. Purchased a cage. replaced control arm bushing, cleaned up the rock rash...

Wheeling trips to AOAA and RC were great. Had my 2 1/2 year old son with me for both trips and he's hooked already. October's trip we camped at RC and brought my dads RV along for comfort. November was our annual Turkey Run so we stayed at the comfort inn with the club and had our annual turkey fry and pot luck dinner.

Took the high pressure line off the PS pump and modded it to build more pressure per the west texas offroad procedures. involved drilling out the fitting a little larger and adding a tiny (#3 or #4) washer under a spring. super detailed I know, but I don't know the exact terminology for it all, so I'm not even going to try. I did the minimum at this point, but think I might drill the fitting one more size and add one more washer as recommended.

Picked up a Poison Spyder Full Cage kit over black Friday. 15% and free shipping through Northridge4x4. Will get the cage installed after the new year. Debating about replacing the A pillars with a tubing kit from A to Z. Have been bringing my two year old with me and its well past time I add a little protection for myself and the rear seat. whether I install the cage as is or add the tubing A pillars, it'll be significantly more protection for the occupants that the OEM cage.

Contacted Metalcloak about some excess movement in one of my lower control arm joints. after talking with them and sending a few measurements of the joint they shipped out two rebuild kits for free. basically everything except the housing. Got it in the mail a few weeks ago and finally got around to pulling the arm back off and replacing the joint. haven't driven the jeep since so I cant tell if the movement is gone. but anyone on the fence about ordering parts through Metalcloak don't hesitate. You may pay more upfront for the equipment, but their customer service is well worth it in my opinion.

HOKIES UNITED!

post #735 of 748 Old 12-06-2017, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
jeepinhokie

2004 TJ Wrangler 

HOKIES UNITED!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in