2001 TJ
LS 5.3L w/4L60E trans
Dual flowmaster exhaust
5" skyjacker lift
35" mud tires
17" JK wheels
Front and rear procomp bumpers
Front and rear facing cameras
Double DIN conversion w/ 7" pioneer flat screen with Nav, smart phone mirroring, dual camera option, bluetooth and etc
8.8 conversion
4.56 gears
Arb air lockers

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Duals are routed down the passenger side and into a dual inlet/dual outlet flowmaster muffler which also acts like a pro chamber to equalize exhaust pressures on each pipe or like a H/ X-pipe. Right now it dumps are the rear end which I'm tired of... And I should have the rest of the duals built out to the bumper with stainless tips by next week. Here's some current pix

Attachments

#6 ·
Nice clean looking swap. Are you running the stock gauge cluster or aftermarket gauges?

I did a Dodge magnum V-8 swap into my Jeep back in 2005 but it doesn't look any where near as clean as yours.
Hey thanks man and that's cool, I haven't seen any of those types of swaps yet. On my build I tried to keep everything as clean and OEM looking as possible so I'm running my stock gauges

#13 ·
Very nice sleeper. Clean install on the LS.
LS1TJ,

Wow, the Vortex Max in your Rubicon looks awesome.

Thank you for the pictures.
Hey thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the complements! This TJ has been quite the entertaining build and most definitely pleased with the results and reliability of it all. It runs, drives and performs flawlessly like it just rolled out of the factory with this V8 conversion.

#17 ·
Thank you! And I checked out your swap as well, nice job on that, def looks clean!
Have you done a rear end swap yet? I did an 8.8 swap recently along with gears and locker and it was a little tough getting everything lined up and centered correctly under the truck, but it was worth it. This thing is huge compared to the D35, looks better, stops better w/ the factory explorer disc brakes and is near unbreakable. Ive had several 8.8s in foxbody mustangs over the years, one w/ 1000+hp and bagged sticky slicks at the track blasting out of the hole time and time again and they all held up great, so I know this one surely hold up lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.