Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 193 Old 05-25-2019, 05:28 PM
toximus
Web Wheeler
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJOEL View Post
So the guys asking for the link on my build thread on PBB got my PTSD/Anxiety up so I went ahead and ordered the seats, hopefully they don't realize their error. lol.

I did actually talk to the company yesterday afternoon and they confirmed the price and that it is for two seats.

As you can see the total (with tax and free shipping) is $1269.30 for two seats and mounts.

Just so you know PRP retails these seats for $889.00 each and the mounts are 169.00ea for a total without tax and shipping of 2116.00. A 41% discount. This would be why guy at PRP told me to order them through this site.

Considering I've placed my order already I feel comfortable spoon feeding the masses. lol

Here is the link to the page where I purchased them.

PRP Custom Alpha Composite FRONT Seats w| Seat Mounts |Sold in Pairs| - Polaris RZR

I found it by googling the "PRP Alpha Seat For Sale"

Joel.
Do you just need to buy a different seat base or does the RZR base work with how you're mounting?

Building the right way for 37s.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #183 of 193 Old 05-25-2019, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
GIJOEL
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The center section of the mount wont be needed, but the side mounts will need to be used. Then I will need to fab up a cage mount.

Ill be posting the pics once I get the seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #184 of 193 Old 05-27-2019, 08:11 PM
dmhosting

awesome!
post #185 of 193 Old 06-07-2019, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
GIJOEL
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I got some good news yesterday and it was followed up today with some more good news.

Good News #1:
Yesterday I received an email from FedEx saying they would be delivering my seat order the next day.

Good News #2:
Today I received my seat order. I was rather apprehensive on this as the add definitely said "Sold Per Pair", but the price was so far below PRP's normal retial price that it made me skeptical.

However, all was laid to rest this afternoon when I got home from work and found:

A VERY LARGE box weighing 56#:

That contained:

Two of these:

Here's one without the bags:

So I did end up with 2 seats in the custom colors that I ordered as well as another box weighing 24# that contains the mounts for a Razor SXS that I will most likely adapt to work in my Jeep. All for less than when PRP charges just for the 2 seats.

My fat but does, indeed, fit in them. They are a little snug, but the padding will break in after a while and it will give me a little more motivation to lose some of my "Fat But"

Joel.

post #186 of 193 Old 06-08-2019, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
GIJOEL
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAragecouple View Post
Love that you are keeping yours going!
Those tires are amazing! how are you liking them?
I like them however, they have very thick and stiff sidewalls so they most likely won't flex around the rocks very well, but I have heard very good things about them.

Joel.

post #187 of 193 Old 06-15-2019, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
GIJOEL
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I received an email this morning from SidebySideStuff.com asking me to review the seats and my experience buying them. I gave them 5 stars as the experience was excellent and the price was AWESOME, however, I did notice that since the last time I checked on the price it had gone up.

As you can see above when I purchased mine they were 1178 for the pair. however, now they are 1778 for the pair (they are still a 16% discount over directly from PRP).

PRP Alpha Seat

I hope everyone that wanted a set of these purchased them before the price went up.

Joel.

post #188 of 193 Old 01-12-2020, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
GIJOEL
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Holy Crap, it's been over 6 months since I worked on the Jeep. Wow, how time flies.

Well, I ended up getting a chance to work on it this weekend and let me tell you it felt great.

I wanted to get the seats mounted, but really didn't want to remove the cage and mock up, cut and weld in tube for seat mounts, so I decided to just use the stock mounts and see how I can adapt them to the new seats.

Well, ran into some problems. It seems, the stock mounts will not fit the aftermarket PRP Sliders, and the PRP Sliders will not fit the PRP Seats, and the stock sliders will not fit the PRP seats.

So it was off to the drawing board. I was searching the web for ideas when I came across a page saying to use the conduit strut stuff at home depot in your bed instead of paying Toyota an arm and a leg for their bed rails system. Well I thought "how about using that to adapt the stock sliders to the PRP Seats".

Well I had to do some grinding on the stock sliders, but everything seems to bolt up rather well. I even get to retain the fold and tumble passenger seat, Although it is a chore to do it. lol

After mocking it all up, I bolted a seat to the bracket.

So after getting that bolted up, I installed the driver's side mount and bolted the seat in.

Even got the door to close with the seat all the way back.

It does seem to squish the door handle though.

After sitting in it and adjusting the seat to a driving position, I couldn't close the door as the door panel hit the seat.

As it sits now, the seat is about 1-1.5" offset of the steering wheel to the outside of the vehicle. So I'm going to have to come up with some offsets to allow the seats to slide over more.

Here is the picture of both seats installed. as you can see there is lots of room to move the seats closer together.

The items I used to adapt the PRP Seats to the jeep mounts are

Super-strut - Comes in Silver Galvanized, Gold Galvanized, and Green.

3/8"-16 Cone Nuts - They also have some that have springs on them if you want to go that way.

3/8"-16 Grade 8 bolts.

1/4" x 1-1/4" Fender Washers that I drilled out to 5/16" to match the seat sliders

Wish I had known about this stuff sooner, I wouldn't have had to drill so many holes in the jeep body to mount stuff.

After I get paid, I'll go back and get some more of the strut stuff and use that to make the "Center Console" area to mount the cutting break, and maybe the JBFab shifter.

post #189 of 193 Old 01-18-2020, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
GIJOEL
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well, so far this weekend has been rather productive.

It started off getting the seat mounts modified. I went with some L-brackets to step the mounts closer to the center of the vehicle.

Doing this let me get the seats closer together.

And the I was able to close the doors.

Next I decided to get the Jeep off of the stands and back onto the tires.

As it sits right now, it's 24" from ground to the belly frame.

Tomorrow I'm going to remount the seats and see if I can mock up the center console area.

Joel.

post #190 of 193 Old 01-19-2020, 07:44 AM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Looks bad a$$, Joel. Wicked wheelbase.

Build Thread:

Swing Away / Swing Down Tire Carrier:

post #191 of 193 Old 01-19-2020, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
GIJOEL
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleTJ View Post
Looks bad a$$, Joel. Wicked wheelbase.
It's close to 120" of wheel base, maybe a little more. lol.

post #192 of 193 Old 01-19-2020, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
GIJOEL
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So, I got the center console area mocked up. The Turning brakes are mocked up to where I can use them and they don't interfere with any transmission shifter.

I really wanted to be able to install the JBFab triple stick shifter I have but I can't see how I can mount it where I can utilize the shifters while in a driving position and where it won't interfere with the transmission shifter. lol... I'll be looking at it some more another day after thinking about it some more.

I thing I wanted to tell you is that I came across this write up on how to install Bed Rails in the bed of your Toyota Tundra. This write up costs about 150-200 for all the parts and pieces and it works just as good as the Tundra factory system that costs several hundred dollars to install.

Anyway, the superstruts that you use in this modification (I used the same strut material that I used for the seat mounts and center console area) will also work on a Jeep TJ with out any modification if you have installed the Poison Spyder comp corners. I put a 3/8" cone nut in between each mount bolt and will add a 3/8"-16 eye bolt so I have 4 tie downs on each side.

I'll get pictures of this when I get a chance as it was too dark to take them when we got back from running errands.

Now I just need to come up with an Ammo Can or some sort of storage area for the center. Maybe one of the tuffy center consoles, lol.

Joel.

post #193 of 193 Old 01-19-2020, 08:49 PM
lovett86

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Can you build something like this. It's only a 2 shift transfercase but I think you could get a 3rd in there with some custom bent shift levers.

screenshot_20200119-224723_google_1579492130181.jpg

its a rusty one

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/90-yj-frame-swap-build-up-1434246/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in