1980 CJ7 

Great Video!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 473 Old 01-27-2016, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
g-rocc

2006 LJ Wrangler 

More stuff has come in.

Gears for the 14, Crane 13 bolt cover, Grizzly for the 14 and probably most blingy...

Even mounted one up:

Going to put some time in on it this weekend. Hoping to get everything completely stripped off, back half cut off, the body/motor mount lift done and 14 bolt axle cleaned up from existing brackets and prep for assembly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #453 of 473 Old 01-27-2016, 08:29 PM
JeeperDrew78
2000 TJ Wrangler 

That is a beautiful build! Interested to see how you like those ORI.

post #454 of 473 Old 03-03-2016, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
g-rocc

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Only a small update but thought I should share some pics and let you know the little that is going on. Looks like I'm going to miss my EJS deadline I had.

Almost completely stripped. (Didn't cut off some brackets yet so I could keep as reference points.) Body lift installed and MM lift is almost there. Ran into an issue with one side. Someone put the bolt on the side that should of had the nut so I need to figure out a way to get that bolt out of there to put the lift in. Gas tank is out. Old tires and wheels sold. Axles are about assembled!

Might get the chance to work on it this weekend. If so the plan is to finish the MML, cut the back half off for the Artec Back half kit and start measuring.

Time is such a precious commodity. Really wanting to finish this thing up though.

post #455 of 473 Old 03-03-2016, 05:15 PM
jrallen

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Whoever put it together on the assembly line is the one that put the factory motor mount together wrong. They're all like that.
post #456 of 473 Old 03-04-2016, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
g-rocc

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrallen View Post
Whoever put it together on the assembly line is the one that put the factory motor mount together wrong. They're all like that.
That's what we were figuring too but my step dad said he couldn't remember his 2003 being backwards like that.

post #457 of 473 Old 03-04-2016, 08:19 AM
monsonman
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

yep, i just did mine last week too. remove the whole motor mount bracket from the engine with the 3 bolts (15mm if i remember). and pull the whole bracket off with the motor mount still attached. once its off the jeep remove the motor mount and then re attach the bracket then you can put the motor mount back on and put the bolt in from the rear (the way it should have been )

looks like this when you pull the bracket off. (except yours will have the old motor mount attached of course)

i put the bracket back on the engine and THEN put the motor mount back on the frame rather than attaching the motor mount to the bracket while off the jeep then attaching the whole assembly back on. seemed easier that way

'05 LJ Rubicon Build:

'98 TJ- build:

instagram: @vohnsonthemonson
post #458 of 473 Old 03-04-2016, 11:55 AM
jrallen

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
I did the same when I put on my Brown Dog motor mounts. I saw mention of a lopro mount from UCF a few posts back... Do you already have one? I've got one sitting on the shelf that I need to get rid of.
post #459 of 473 Old 03-04-2016, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
g-rocc

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrallen View Post
I did the same when I put on my Brown Dog motor mounts. I saw mention of a lopro mount from UCF a few posts back... Do you already have one? I've got one sitting on the shelf that I need to get rid of.
Not needing it right now. Thanks though.

post #460 of 473 Old 03-23-2016, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
g-rocc

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Made some pretty good progress over last weekend. Finished up that motor mount lift, put on a new UCF aluminum 3/8" skid, stubified my front bumper, and cut the frame for the Artec back half kit. Was getting pretty good with the plasma torch at the end of the day.

Have a wiring question. That locker pump I just removed was connected in a whole lot of ways. How much of that wiring can I get rid of and will it effect anything else?

Here are some pics for ya. The axles that are just about finished up. Next is finish assembly on the axles then start putting it all together!

Also selling some stuff let me know if you are interested:
Dana 60 chromo front shafts-$500 (Yukon for Ford KP '86)
Rokmen rear flush mount bumper with frame tie-ins-$300
Stock Rubicon air locker pump. With wiring and tubing-$100
RE LJ 5.5" Lift Kit with belly Skid Mounting Plates-$1750

The rest are make me an offer pricing:
Currie currect link tie rod. Slightly bent
Currie tie rod end
Rear track bar from 06 LJ
TJ tail lights
Windshield fluid reservoir (stock)
Windshield fluid reservoir small (for use with high line kit where stick won't fit)
Speaker pods that mount to stock cage

Need that stuff gone. I'm moving and don't really want to move it with me.

post #461 of 473 Old 03-23-2016, 12:05 PM
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That front housing........the long tube specifically. Wow.

OlllllllO

IndyORV
post #462 of 473 Old 06-07-2016, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
g-rocc

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I had to quit my own build. I slowly realized I simply do not have time to get this thing built on my own. I needed to call in the reinforcements. So loaded her up on a trailer with a third of the frame gone and no legs (which was quite the task), and flopped over a good sized pile of money to get the suspension all wrapped up. It was a hard decision to make as I really wanted to do it myself but it would have been sitting on a lift for another 5 years if I just didn't give in.

So far the progress is looking good. Back-half and rear bumper are done as well as the corners cut to fit those massive trep wrapped racelines in there. Here is a mock-up pic as well:

rckchucker likes this.

post #463 of 473 Old 06-08-2016, 09:53 PM
98TJcomeonuh
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nice to see progress being made on this again, one of my favorite builds, always check for updates. What shop is doing the work? And as for having someone else doing the work, with life, work, and family I can totally understand having someone else do the heavy lifting.
post #464 of 473 Old 06-08-2016, 09:54 PM
98TJcomeonuh
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Oh and by the way the cuts on the rear corners look killer.
post #465 of 473 Old 06-10-2016, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
g-rocc

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TJcomeonuh View Post
Nice to see progress being made on this again, one of my favorite builds, always check for updates. What shop is doing the work? And as for having someone else doing the work, with life, work, and family I can totally understand having someone else do the heavy lifting.
Thanks. CrawlerTech 4x4 is doing the work now.

Tags
colorado , lj , rokmen , set them free , spyder9

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in