Danno's DD TJ Build - Page 38 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #556 of 1319 Old 08-09-2012, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Danno6102

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Got the rig back from Sunfire Offroad last night. Scott got it installed just fine but said it was not releasing when the locker was turned off. They disconnected the tube from the vlave & it released fine, so the locker was installed correctly, the problem was in my plumb job. Seems that reading directions is sometimes a good thing. I plumbed the valve in backwards. I had port 2 as my inlet & 1 went to the locker. Just a mere task of flipping the valve & all should be well & good! We'll get that done tonight hopefully & be ready for 4WP rock garden to suffer the wrath of the DD on saturday!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #557 of 1319 Old 08-09-2012, 06:56 AM
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
... & be ready for 4WP rock garden to suffer the wrath of the DD on saturday!
?? you wheeling this Sat?

Founder of
post #558 of 1319 Old 08-09-2012, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Danno6102

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
?? you wheeling this Sat?
For about 15 minutes. My "other club" is helping out at our local 4WP store. They are having a sales event & the manager is really good to our club, so gots to repay. They have a huge rock garden in the parking lot. About 200 feet long with some massive rocks. A few decent rigs have flopped in it.

post #559 of 1319 Old 08-09-2012, 10:21 AM
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Take some pics... that sounds like a lot of fun! That's really cool for them to do for their customers.

Founder of
post #560 of 1319 Old 08-13-2012, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Danno6102

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Had a good time at the 4WP event on saturday. Only had 5 rigs in our show & shine competition. Had over $500 in prizes. Even though it's Smittybuilt stuff, it's still not bad for free.

Anyway, I played on the rocks. Ran 90% of it's length. Could have finished it, but decided just to pull off after the monster rock. The ARB performed awesome! Definitely a huge difference from the LSD. There was a ton of tranny fluid on the big rocks from Huck punching a hole in his tranny pan, that didn't help much. That one rock just sticks out there & gets you hung up. I was stuck on my belly & the rear diff & couldn't get quite enough bite from the front to climb that one rock on the drivers side front to get them free. Had to winch over it, about 3'. The Savvy Tie rod did it's job too. I beat on her pretty good. Here are some pics taken by Travis (Swiftjeep). I'll get my GoPro posted up later today or tomorrow morning.

post #561 of 1319 Old 08-13-2012, 08:36 AM
AngryTJ

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice Danno, did you raise your front shock towers? If so, how did you do it? Ive seen it done a few different ways so Im curious

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ

post #562 of 1319 Old 08-13-2012, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Danno6102

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Nice Danno, did you raise your front shock towers? If so, how did you do it? Ive seen it done a few different ways so Im curious
Yep. I used the Ford towers there too. Just cut the top off the stock tower & hammer the Ford tower in & weld it up. I made sure to weld in places I could easily grind off in case I want to do something different or change shock lengths.

post #563 of 1319 Old 08-13-2012, 07:08 PM
boilerup1998

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sounds like Huck needs some UA...
post #564 of 1319 Old 08-13-2012, 08:54 PM
JEEPER188
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Are you still liking your Mt/r's and what psi do you air them down to wheeling and fill safe not blowing a bead? Just wondering because I am planing on go to 35's when I get new tire next summer and I can't decide if I want mt/r's or km2's.

/ l ,[____],
l-----l-ollllllo-
()_)_()_)-o-)_)
post #565 of 1319 Old 08-14-2012, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Danno6102

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPER188 View Post
Are you still liking your Mt/r's and what psi do you air them down to wheeling and fill safe not blowing a bead? Just wondering because I am planing on go to 35's when I get new tire next summer and I can't decide if I want mt/r's or km2's.
MTR's all the way. I wouldn't even consider the KM2's if the MTR's are available. However, they would probably be my second choice if the MTR's weren't available right away & I needed a tire today. Otherwise I would wait for the MTR's. They are a fantastic tire. Quieter than the KM2 & more traction, plus the Kevlar. However, they are rediculously hard to balance perfectly & usually take 11-12 oz. per wheel, road force balanced.

I run them between 28 & 30 psi on road, still experimenting with this, & I was aired down to 12psi in those pics I just posted with no worries of popping a bead. I'll likely try 10psi next time.

post #566 of 1319 Old 08-14-2012, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
Danno6102

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerup1998 View Post
Sounds like Huck needs some UA...
LOL! He needs something. I was a little surprized he wasn't running an engine skid. Randy (indyrubi) didn't run one either. Both pans were beat to ****. That was the first thing I bought.

post #567 of 1319 Old 08-14-2012, 09:41 AM
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Those pics turned out good, that garden looks awesome! Reminds me of that garden in the back of the quarry near wedgie. It's awesome seeing your progression over the past year. Night and day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
MTR's all the way. I wouldn't even consider the KM2's if the MTR's are available. However, they would probably be my second choice if the MTR's weren't available right away & I needed a tire today. Otherwise I would wait for the MTR's. They are a fantastic tire. Quieter than the KM2 & more traction, plus the Kevlar. However, they are rediculously hard to balance perfectly & usually take 11-12 oz. per wheel, road force balanced.

I run them between 28 & 30 psi on road, still experimenting with this, & I was aired down to 12psi in those pics I just posted with no worries of popping a bead. I'll likely try 10psi next time.
Agreed, these MTRKs are fantastic and hook up really well. Enough so that I was able to pull a wheelie up that rock wall in the quarry with only a LSD in the rear and no tire slipping. I've also been running a couple more psi on the street and noticed a much smoother ride. I run about 30 psi, and I run 10 psi off road. I had them down to 8 psi but that's when I popped that bead.

I can't wait until we wheel together again Danno. I'll have my out board bilsteins, 2" lower stance, Currie ARs, and maybe Currie coils if the budget allows. Oh and now I also have to hurry up and get that ARB for the rear axle, I can't have you showing me up now

Founder of
post #568 of 1319 Old 08-14-2012, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Danno6102

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
Those pics turned out good, that garden looks awesome! Reminds me of that garden in the back of the quarry near wedgie. It's awesome seeing your progression over the past year. Night and day.

I can't wait until we wheel together again Danno. I'll have my out board bilsteins, 2" lower stance, Currie ARs, and maybe Currie coils if the budget allows. Oh and now I also have to hurry up and get that ARB for the rear axle, I can't have you showing me up now
Yea, I hit it pretty hard over the last 10 months or so really. I'm to the point where I am pretty content with it. A couple smallt hings I want to do, like chromoly axles in the front, & tucking the belly up a little, but other than that, she's good for a while.

Not sure when I'll be able to get out with you again. Next time I'm wheeling will be sept 29th & 30th for a club campout (4WTF not ORV). Then I'm off to the Appalachian Trail for a week. It'll probably be end of October at the earliest. We should make plans to go hit Red Bird. After playing this weekend on those big rocks, I want to hit their rock garden. It's similar in rock size, but much longer & wider.

post #569 of 1319 Old 08-14-2012, 10:38 AM
JEEPER188
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks man, I think I will be getting Mt/r's foreshore now.

/ l ,[____],
l-----l-ollllllo-
()_)_()_)-o-)_)
post #570 of 1319 Old 08-14-2012, 07:12 PM
TJRHD

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Still diggin it.
Attached Thumbnails
danno.jpg  

NOT A HATER

Tags
caliper flip , ford 8.8 , indyorv , outboard , tube fenders

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in