Danno's DD TJ Build - Page 33 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #481 of 1319 Old 06-27-2012, 10:27 AM
TJRHD

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
I absolutely LOVE green trail! I had fun leading us through there on Sat, and that vid does not even come close to showing how steep those inclines were..
What is the color rating all about? The places I have been are rated from 1-6. Did I miss the truss breaker video?

NOT A HATER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 1319 Old 06-27-2012, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Danno6102

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I absolutely LOVE green trail! I had fun leading us through there on Sat, and that vid does not even come close to showing how steep those inclines were..
Or how fast they break over the other side! When I went over the first one I think I yelled "OH ****!!!" Wasn't expecting that! Cool trail though! Definitely my favorite one there now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
post #483 of 1319 Old 06-27-2012, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Danno6102

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
What is the color rating all about? The places I have been are rated from 1-6. Did I miss the truss breaker video?
Just think it's their naming system. Has nothing to do with difficulty.

Mike has the Truss Breaker vid on his GoPro.

post #484 of 1319 Old 06-27-2012, 10:32 AM
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
Color rating at the Badlands means nothing based on technicality or difficulty. Green trail is by far the most technical trail in the park (besides the quarry). Lots of steep up and down climbs, off camber peeks, and very sharp break overs. Belly clearance is a must on some of the peeks on green trail.

The cool thing about green trail is that there's no single trail, there's many different paths to take with all kinds of fun terrain. I could hang out in the green section all day

Founder of
post #485 of 1319 Old 06-27-2012, 10:48 AM
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know if it's the most technical......"wedgie" is pretty darn technical but it's just a single obstacle, not a trail. Green is kind of like a relaxing roller coaster.

But I think it would be a lot sketchier (and more fun) during a torrential downpour. I've always wanted to do that.

OlllllllO

IndyORV
post #486 of 1319 Old 06-27-2012, 11:04 AM
AngryTJ

2005 TJ Wrangler 

At Rausch Creek the color coding determines difficulty, green is easy then blue, purple, black red suttin like that. How do they indicate the levels of difficulty there?

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ

post #487 of 1319 Old 06-27-2012, 11:05 AM
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
Or how fast they break over the other side! When I went over the first one I think I yelled "OH ****!!!" Wasn't expecting that! Cool trail though! Definitely my favorite one there now.
I lead Jermey w/ his stockish 4 door JK back on green after you took off on Sunday and he got high sided on his rocker guards and belly skid on one of the steep breakovers lol. He had both front and rear tires off the ground as he straddled that peek, I had to pull him from the front to bring his front tires to the ground and get him over that peek. It was quite the experience lol

I have tried explaining to him that those Smitty built rock sliders are nothing but trouble for his extended wheelbase JK. They hang down below his rockers at least 3 to 4 inches so he hits them on everything.

Founder of
post #488 of 1319 Old 06-27-2012, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Danno6102

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
I don't know if it's the most technical......"wedgie" is pretty darn technical but it's just a single obstacle, not a trail. Green is kind of like a relaxing roller coaster.

But I think it would be a lot sketchier (and more fun) during a torrential downpour. I've always wanted to do that.
What & where is "wedgie"? Is that what I called the V on Red trail?

post #489 of 1319 Old 06-27-2012, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Danno6102

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I lead Jermey w/ his stockish 4 door JK back on green after you took off on Sunday and he got high sided on his rocker guards and belly skid on one of the steep breakovers lol. He had both front and rear tires off the ground as he straddled that peek, I had to pull him from the front to bring his front tires to the ground and get him over that peek. It was quite the experience lol

I have tried explaining to him that those Smitty built rock sliders are nothing but trouble for his extended wheelbase JK. They hang down below his rockers at least 3 to 4 inches so he hits them on everything.
Yea, I was looking at that Saturday, was the first thing I noticed when I saw him. His belly does hang lower that the sliders by a smidge, so I think he'd still get hung up.

post #490 of 1319 Old 06-27-2012, 11:18 AM
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Yeah I was leaving out the quarry and some of the obsticles such as purgatory, wedgie, V-ledge, and truss breaker... I was comparing it to orange, red, ect..

It's a relaxing roller coaster for those of us that have been on it many times, and those with 4.53s gearing or higher.. but the first few times you take on green it's quite scary looking straight up at the trees then coming over a peek which you can't see what you are dropping into, then facing straight down lol.

Founder of
post #491 of 1319 Old 06-27-2012, 11:23 AM
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
What & where is "wedgie"? Is that what I called the V on Red trail?
I believe wedgie is on the back side of red trail, if I'm thinking of it correctly then it's where James bent his tub when he kept kissing his passenger fender into the wall trying to make it up that tight squeeze between the trees. That section is the pic in his avatar.

Founder of
post #492 of 1319 Old 06-27-2012, 11:36 AM
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wedgie

Brad, James's avatar is the wall where I yelled at you.

OlllllllO

IndyORV
post #493 of 1319 Old 06-27-2012, 11:48 AM
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Wedgie

Brad, James's avatar is the wall where I yelled at you.
Yeah, Danno and I did wedgie on Sunday! And Conner, you yelled at me all day haha

Founder of
post #494 of 1319 Old 06-27-2012, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Danno6102

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah, Danno and I did wedgie on Sunday! And Conner, you yelled at me all day haha
Is that the one we thought they filled in? If so, they definitely filled it in some. Is that the big rock I hopped around?

post #495 of 1319 Old 06-27-2012, 11:55 AM
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yep that's where it is... and I agree it's not nearly that dug out anymore.

Founder of

Tags
caliper flip , ford 8.8 , indyorv , outboard , tube fenders

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in