Cj7 w/z06-ls6 corvette-500 hp - JeepForum.com
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By RSPRAGGINS

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-21-2019, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
RSPRAGGINS
1986 CJ7 

Cj7 w/z06-ls6 corvette-500 hp

Bought new, over 200k on oem 6, then frame up restore including Z06-LS6 Corvette engine prepared by, including the long headers, the late Hot Rod Hall of Famer Mark Campbell of Street/Performance. 8.8 rear w/13" disc brakes and 93/4 power booster w/Wilwood master.
Gforce T-5 built by Long Industries rated at 650 lbs., w/9310 nickle straight cut gears, we picked out own ratio for each of the 5 gears including a .52 5th gear that allows us to run only 2k rpms at 75 mph. 410 gears with lockers up front.
Super Swampers. Bell housing and internal clutch slave by McCleod w/oem Jeep 4 cylinder pedal set up. Best clutch i've owned. Wilwood master. Lined tub w/2 layers of Dynamite, so no vibration with the 9 speaker Focal systerm including custom rear bass box with 2-13" Focal woofers in down firing position so dirt, etc. doesn't get in jeepin. Box is even with rear wheel wheels so wouldn't notice it being a stero box and can store items on top, etc. 6 channel Phoenix Gold amp. Rock Valley custom 15 gallon gas tank with Zrok double gas lines for cool gas.
Doubled the size of the leaf springs on teflon greasable bushings w/Bilstein shocks. Tried several brands of shocks and these were the best. Most fun rig i've owned and it will blow off my 97-993-C4 Cab Porsche up to 100 mph. Real fun at stop lights with the rice burners.
I pull jet skis and a boat on 3k mile trips and it doesn''t even know anything is back there! 24 miles to a gallon without boat due to the .52 5th gear. Most are .75 or so. I tried a 400R tranny first and hated it. Love this T-5 w/BM short shifter and no adapter plates needed for transfer case, etc.
It weighs approx 80lbs vs. the monster 400. It will do 120 in 3rd with the ratio i used so great gear for most all in town driving and great in 4 low. TIGHT LINES AND DUST.

Attached Thumbnails
CJ7 JEEP W-Z06 CORVETTE ENGINE 500 HP PICTURES_Page_4.jpg   JEEP PICTURE FROM OFFROAD ADVENTUES MAGAZINE 7 doors off.jpg   CJ7 JEEP W-Z06 CORVETTE ENGINE 500 HP PICTURES_Page_6.jpg   PICTURES REAR OFFROAD MAG PICT GOOD JEEP.jpg   MASTER CRAFT SEATS JEEP fnl.jpg  

JEEP PICTS FOR FORUM_Page_2.jpg   JEEP PICTS FOR FORUM_Page_1.jpg  
Attached Images

87TPIYJ and herndonbassist like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-22-2019, 09:38 AM
87TPIYJ
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Any videos?

YJUnlimited stretch, Links, SBC, Tons, Lockers, and stuff
March 2017 YJOTM/ 2017 YJOTY

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-23-2019, 09:48 AM
herndonbassist

DUDE! This is what my son's been suggesting for me, that's so awesome!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in