Barbie Jeep Build - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 81 Old 10-02-2010, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
girlwiththejeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Barbie Jeep Build

Im not going to go into a long jeep build thread because i didnt record everything during my build process, but i am finally at a point where i am ready to share.... enjoy

ok so i started out with this when i bought it:

When i bought it i really knew nothing about jeeps except for the fact that ive wanted one for as long as i can remember. My mom used to get so annoyed when she would drive me anywhere because i would point out every jeep i saw. So a few days after my high school graduation my dad decided he would get me a jeep. My dad is a business man, not a handy man, so all of the work i have gotten done is by a family friend, i help him when i can.

I got my 98 4.0L Black wrangler off craigslist with 130,000 miles on it, a few things ended up needing to be fixed, such as the cat. converter and a few other minor things. I also only bought the jeep with the rear diamond plating so i got the side diamond plating to match it.... little did i know chrome wont get you home.

so then came for the first time i ever went muddin, i was pretty excited because i got through a big mud hole just fine, stock, with my bald tires when all the guys with their big bad trucks got stuck

My dad wasnt too happy about my first offroad expirience, obviously because i did not tell him i was going ... little did he know in a few months i would learn about jeep forum then want to turn my jeep into an offroading machine!

There was about a year in between the time where i started the makover and from my first jeep experience, in that time a few things went wrong. My jeep died on the way home from college (4 hour drive) and i found out i had been running it on only 5 pistons, so the 6th got replaced. I also got a new radiator, new spark plugs, and that type of stuff. That is when i started looking into modifying my jeep.

I just want to thank jeep forum for every bit of advice that everyone gave me on what to get and what to do, i also learned so much from here that i am now at the point where i can at least diagnose problems myself , and sometimes fix them

So then the modification started, also just wanted to thank my college loans for covering the cost .... oops did i say that

So first came the lift, tires and wheels

I chose the 3.25 progressive spring kit from rough country, 33 x 12.5 discoverer stt tires and cragar series 365 v5 wheels.

Then... all by myself... i took off that ugly chrome diamond plating and got my windows tinted

next came the pink, which some of you guys may hate, but im a girl , and im a girly girl, and i love pink!

ok so i got a hyline offroad hood and had that and the bumper plate painted hot pink ( bought house of kolor pearl paint)

Then i got the back diamond plating powder coated, put on Xenon 4" Flat flares and smittybilt XRC Rock Sliders and a new top, since mine had some zipper issues

And then just recently i found some rocks and mud

and thats all for now

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 81 Old 10-02-2010, 10:16 AM
BallerJeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Dang...I think I'm in love...Nice Jeep. Hows your dad feel about all this?

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
post #3 of 81 Old 10-02-2010, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
girlwiththejeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

well.... he just kind of deals with it now... hes past the getting mad point... as much as he says its a death trap he LOVES driving it... he just wont admit it...

post #4 of 81 Old 10-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Xerxes
1999 TJ Wrangler 

love the Jeep as always, and sweet build thread! Lookin forward to seeing that bumper go on......

Originally Posted by melk:
"Either more or less lube may change the moaning!"

|::Sahara Owner::|
post #5 of 81 Old 10-02-2010, 11:42 AM
misscla

2001 XJ Cherokee 

AHHH! I love the pink.... so much. My next jeep will have pink on it... for sure!

Claraaaaa
post #6 of 81 Old 10-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Tinga

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Loving the pink.. Looks GREAT with the black. Eventually my springs will be sporting the color too :P

Girls like STROKIN too!
https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f153/1971-jeepster-commando-1380633/
post #7 of 81 Old 10-02-2010, 02:02 PM
TayTayTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

It looks sick!! I love it congratulations. Personally though i would take off the bumper caps and replace them with flat bumper caps. It makes it look more rugged and not as cushie. If u want pm me and ill give u the part number and u can order them at the jeep dealership.

Ur tires really brought the car from ok to something to look at
Im jealous

Need a hand with working on your Jeep in NY, NJ or CT area? Please visit: www.LetsJeepTogether.com
post #8 of 81 Old 10-02-2010, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
girlwiththejeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thanks everyone! im suprised i thought id hear more negative comments about the pink!
post #9 of 81 Old 10-02-2010, 09:22 PM
1997_Sport

1997 TJ Wrangler 

So let me get this straight......your dad drive it sometimes? With all that pink?

I would say you aren't getting negative comments because you are a female, but to me its not to excessive, that the bumper idk about.

1997 TJ with some stuff done to it.
post #10 of 81 Old 10-02-2010, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
girlwiththejeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

haha yes he does, oh well i let him enjoy it anyway haha
post #11 of 81 Old 10-02-2010, 09:55 PM
1997_Sport

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlwiththejeep View Post
haha yes he does, oh well i let him enjoy it anyway haha
I just think that would be hilarious to see a grow man driving a lifted barbie jeep.

1997 TJ with some stuff done to it.
post #12 of 81 Old 10-03-2010, 03:40 PM
tjjeepwrench978
1997 XJ Cherokee 

maybe pink powder coat the diff covers pink, Id do the thing actually like power wheels barbie but thats just me...Last mud bog we saw a pink GC driven by A MAN in class 5

97 Cherokee White, Sport, 4.0 ax-15, centerforce dfc, Rustys long arm 10 inch, sye, 1 ton shaft, Flo kooler pump, alum rad, electrics, 36 tsl's,military rewrapped leafs, Resident clean beater, and comp truck
98 Tj 4.0 sport, frame and tub project DD 4 inch 33's
94 F-250hd tow and dd 5.8 5 spd,
80 cj-7
80 cj-5
post #13 of 81 Old 10-03-2010, 08:13 PM
KrissyBean
2007 JK Wrangler 

love the last photo.. and the pink... i have hot pink NORCAL star stickers on the sides of mine, and wanna put some more pink.. i wanna do the hot pink shocks and spring coils and the axle cover too... have you considered doing those? or have them done?

2007 2dr White JK X

~ I like it dirty ~
post #14 of 81 Old 10-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Tonka_TJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

My girlfriend has a pink Hyundai Tiburon. She wants a pink Jeep. This is cool and she loves it. Girls with Jeeps are awesome! The pink isn't a big deal to me as she was the one driving when I was just a little squirt and couldn't drive so, I'm used to the pink. Neat Jeep!

Build it, Run it, Break it, Repeat!
post #15 of 81 Old 10-06-2010, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
girlwiththejeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrissyBean View Post
love the last photo.. and the pink... i have hot pink NORCAL star stickers on the sides of mine, and wanna put some more pink.. i wanna do the hot pink shocks and spring coils and the axle cover too... have you considered doing those? or have them done?
i've considered doing them, just havnt gotten around to any of the planning of it yet.... plus the paint i chose is a wee bit expensive, although it would look awesome

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in