B2CARPEN's 2000 Jeep TJ 4.7L Stroker Build - Page 47 - JeepForum.com
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #691 of 721 Old 03-11-2016, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrallen View Post
The mobile app hasn't changed in years. The search function sucks, but everything else seems pretty okay.
Right I know it's been the same mobile app (which I've avoided from day one) I was referring to the new non-mobile format. And I think it's safe to say JF search function has always sucked lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Founder of
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 721 Old 03-11-2016, 02:12 PM
mike_dippert
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
On mobile, I use the AutoGuide app. It's not that great, but it sure beats the mobile browser version.
post #693 of 721 Old 03-11-2016, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dippert View Post
On mobile, I use the AutoGuide app. It's not that great, but it sure beats the mobile browser version.
Maybe I'm old fashion but i actually like the classic view the best, even for mobile. Not flashy, easy to navigate, simple. I will have to check out the app you suggested to see, thanks Mike!

Founder of

post #694 of 721 Old 03-24-2016, 08:39 PM
andrewx12
2000 WJ 

Any news on the build. I might do an engine build for my WJ soon

Current repairs needed:
AT filter and fluid
post #695 of 721 Old 03-24-2016, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewx12 View Post
Any news on the build. I might do an engine build for my WJ soon
Actually yes, I will be modifying the intake manifold ports this weekend and I should have the machine work started within the next month! It's been a long period of no updates / progress, which is mostly due to my job loss and lack of funds, but I am really fortunate for my new awesome job and I can't wait to make some steady progress soon!

Do you have a build started yet for your engine build planning? Let me know if you need any help or advice, I would be glad to help out!

You planning a mild stroker build?

Founder of
post #696 of 721 Old 04-13-2016, 10:39 AM
rac1971

Garage
What happened to this guide? It seems like you had been porting these heads for 2 years then poof nothing......
post #697 of 721 Old 04-13-2016, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rac1971 View Post
What happened to this guide? It seems like you had been porting these heads for 2 years then poof nothing......
I got laid off twice in 2015, that's what happened lol. The build is seriously back in action full swing now, as I'm now modifying the intake manifold and other misc tasks while I save up for the machine shop costs. I still owe 1k (already paid 600) before any work can be started. This machine shop in particular is about twice the costs of a standard shop since they specialize in highly modified / racing engines and are the best of the best near my location.

My goal is to have that 1k within the next 4 weeks, then I will be waiting on the shop for a couple wks, then I will be able to begin the engine assembly stage

I haven't given up on this build trust me, every day I think about it and want to get things moving along more than anyone, and now I'm working at my dream job and getting caught up on debt. This build thread will be more active than ever once the machine shop stage begins.
Rubina likes this.
post #698 of 721 Old 04-14-2016, 08:40 AM
rac1971

Garage
B2CARPEN - That is great news. I have read the entire thread and was wondering what happened. I'm glad you're back at it. Not so happy you got laid off. Good luck and I cant wait to see the finished product.
post #699 of 721 Old 04-14-2016, 10:49 AM
Rebel442

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
B2CARPEN - That is great news. Good luck and I cant wait to see the finished product.
Your not the tnly one who's been waiting for a finished product. Keep up the good work. Glad it's moving along again.

It Wouldn't Be A Project If Everything Worked Right.
post #700 of 721 Old 04-14-2016, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
B2CARPEN - That is great news. I have read the entire thread and was wondering what happened. I'm glad you're back at it. Not so happy you got laid off. Good luck and I cant wait to see the finished product.
I appreciate it man, and trust me being laid off turned out to be the best thing for me in the long run, but definitely a stressful experience that I pray I never have to deal with again. I'm honored that you read through this entire build thread so far, and that there's some dedicated interest and followers of the build, such as yourself. It's comments like yours that make this build worth every minute and push me to keep it going! Much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel442 View Post
Your not the tnly one who's been waiting for a finished product. Keep up the good work. Glad it's moving along again.
Haha thanks Jon, you should swing by with your YJ soon... Like sometime this wknd. Thanks for your support throughout this build Jon, if anyone understands I know it's you with your previous build projects. Tony says hi btw

I should have some progress pics of the intake manifold work posted by this weekend.

Founder of
post #701 of 721 Old 04-14-2016, 07:31 PM
Rebel442

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post

Haha thanks Jon, you should swing by with your YJ soon... Like sometime this wknd. Thanks for your support throughout this build Jon, if anyone understands I know it's you with your previous build projects. Tony says hi btw
I'd love too, but I'm working weekends until next month. There's a big jeep show hosted by FRJC at kc's cabin on may 14th I'm planning on being at if your interested.

It Wouldn't Be A Project If Everything Worked Right.
post #702 of 721 Old 04-14-2016, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel442 View Post
I'd love too, but I'm working weekends until next month. There's a big jeep show hosted by FRJC at kc's cabin on may 14th I'm planning on being at if your interested.
I added it to the calendar, I will get in touch prior and let you know for sure. Thanks for the heads up bro!

Founder of
post #703 of 721 Old 04-18-2016, 09:54 PM
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

good to hear that the job situation is good man ! happy to hear the stroker build is back and moving forward.

i can attest to the stress's a intense builds brings, the passion turns into obsession that never leaves your thoughts lol.

looking foward to more updates.

stratton.
post #704 of 721 Old 04-18-2016, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRATTON View Post
good to hear that the job situation is good man ! happy to hear the stroker build is back and moving forward.

i can attest to the stress's a intense builds brings, the passion turns into obsession that never leaves your thoughts lol.

looking foward to more updates.

stratton.
Speaking the truth! And I know it doesn't appear to be the case, but this is my first engine rebuild, so there have been countless hours of research that have gone into planning, parts, modifications, ect... So, obsessive is putting it lightly lol.

One thing is for sure, the more I've learned, the more this stroker build has gone from budget to top dollar build. From extensive cylinder head porting / polishing / modifying, to a collection of top quality components, not to forget the highest quality machine shop services. It was very frustrating losing my source of income for over half the year and having to watch dust collect on everything. Heartbreaking is a good term that sums it up.

So needless to say, I'm glad to be back in action

Founder of
post #705 of 721 Old 04-24-2016, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

For those that are interested, I'm going to post a list of tools I used to perform the cylinder head work, so you can avoid the use of air tools and larger 1/4th sized aggressive carbides. I also started working on the intake manifold, slightly porting the intake runners which are MUCH easier to work on compared to the iron head. I'm not even using carbides since the cartridge sand rolls do the job nicely. I will post pics of the progress once I finish up the runner I'm working on. The intake manifold should be fully ported in the next week or so.

Now I just need to find a shop that I can schedule a flow bench test after the cylinder head machining work is done. I will have to pull the "before" flow values from online to compare to see if my work made any positive gains in air flow.

The cylinder head machine work will include the following...

- enlarge the intake and exhast value seats to accommodate the oversized valves
- install new flame-harded exhaust valve seats
- 3 angle valve job for both intake and exhaust seats
- ream and install brass valve guides
- mill the head surface to be square and reduce the combustion chamber volumes
- open lifter bores so I can access lifters without having to remove and reinstall the head
- hot tank and clean the head

I'm hoping to have the final machine shop funds available in the next few weeks, hopefully.

Founder of

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in