B2CARPEN's 2000 Jeep TJ 4.7L Stroker Build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 721 Old 10-07-2014, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I picked up some parts from the machine shop yesterday, head, headers, intake, and connecting rods. Man I'm impressed with how well these turned out...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Founder of
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 721 Old 10-07-2014, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Here's a before pic of the headers...

Founder of
post #48 of 721 Old 10-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Rebel442

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Just got done talking to Tony a few days ago and he mentioned doing a Stroker for someone. Then I find this post today, That's awesome he did my engine earlier this year and I just got her back on the road a week or so ago. He does some very good work for sure. Maybe when you get done we can do some wheeling again.

It Wouldn't Be A Project If Everything Worked Right.

post #49 of 721 Old 10-07-2014, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel442 View Post
Just got done talking to Tony a few days ago and he mentioned doing a Stroker for someone. Then I find this post today, That's awesome he did my engine earlier this year and I just got her back on the road a week or so ago. He does some very good work for sure. Maybe when you get done we can do some wheeling again.
Dude Jon, it's been a long time man, you still got that YJ? It's funny cause Tony showed me your build sheet to give me a rough idea of what I'm looking at... Small world, but then again we do live in a small town

Tony is very good at what he does, too funny I will have to tell we know each other next time I'm at the shop. He mentioned that you went full fuel injection conversion, no more troubled carb now. I'll be porting and polishing the cylinder head in the evenings in my garage if you want to swing by, would be great to catch up

I bet it feels great to have that jeep of yours back on the road again

Founder of
post #50 of 721 Old 10-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Rebel442

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Still got the same old YJ. You'd be hard pressed to recognize it, I'm near the end of a 3 year full resto of it. I'd love to stop by and show off, err chat I mean. Maybe sat? PM me.

It Wouldn't Be A Project If Everything Worked Right.
post #51 of 721 Old 10-07-2014, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel442 View Post
Still got the same old YJ. You'd be hard pressed to recognize it, I'm near the end of a 3 year full resto of it. I'd love to stop by and show off, err chat I mean. Maybe sat? PM me.
Man sounds awesome, mine is always a resto with every damn project I do, mostly battling the rust from our bull**** state dropping hundreds of thousands of pounds of salt on our roads

Anytime you are free to head over feel free bro (same goes for any of my local friends). I will PM you with my number in case you dont have it.

Founder of
post #52 of 721 Old 10-08-2014, 12:22 AM
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
Absolutely, quality parts and quality machine work are the differences between strokers that run like crap and get into issues and become a nightmare, and strokers that are powerful and smooth and have long term rigidity.

I plan on making big power and torque and will be driving this stroker hard, reliability and longevity.

Tony has an excellent rep and supports quite a few racing teams and has machined a ton of AMC 258s and 242s, so I'm definitely in good hands. The prices are a little bit more than other shops around here but the extra work and effort he puts into everything completely makes up for it.

Build thread for that willys?

Ask and he shall recieve. I'm about to update it tomorrow so stay tuned!

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1...illys-1448500/

2008 JK Rubicon
-255/80/17 BFG KM2s, 16/59 JKU springs, 2013 Rubi rims, RC stubby hybrid front bumper, XRC8 winch with synthetic line, RR evap skid, and more to come

1959 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Plantation White and Presidential Red

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen
post #53 of 721 Old 10-08-2014, 05:47 AM
maxwlllyyy98

hi friends. wow so nice car. i like the car.
.................................................. ......................
fitnessbody
post #54 of 721 Old 10-08-2014, 07:55 AM
AngryTJ

2005 TJ Wrangler 

subbed

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ

post #55 of 721 Old 10-08-2014, 11:44 AM
Danno6102

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
subbed
You know you can subscribe without posting? Damn noob trying to get his post count up! (what happened to the nut kick smiley?)

Anyway, looking forward to following this Brad! I'm undecided what I want to do in the motor dept. But a throaty V8 always sounds perty. Would also be interested in seeing some cost break downs if you're willing to share.

How the frame situation? I know that was a major concern last time we were wheeling. Will it handle all that blood thirsty torque?

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
post #56 of 721 Old 10-08-2014, 02:34 PM
AngryTJ

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ

post #57 of 721 Old 10-09-2014, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post

You know you can subscribe without posting? Damn noob trying to get his post count up! (what happened to the nut kick smiley?)

Anyway, looking forward to following this Brad! I'm undecided what I want to do in the motor dept. But a throaty V8 always sounds perty. Would also be interested in seeing some cost break downs if you're willing to share.

How the frame situation? I know that was a major concern last time we were wheeling. Will it handle all that blood thirsty torque?
Lol the nutkick smiley is on our indyorv forum, and used frequently

I can definitely provide a part selection list as well as part numbers and pricing when I have everything else I need (cam, valves, lifters, adjustable pushrods, ect). I can also provide the machine shop costs, which are definitely the more expensive part of the build, but they can vary greatly depending on your needs (and wants). I want this stroker to handle some serious abuse and have it be the last time I rebuild it, so everything must be within spec and have tight tolerances.

As for the frame, there's some problematic areas that piss me off every time I look at them, but I've done a compete resto on the frame and I will be going over it all again with some eastwood chassis paint with hardener to preserve what I can and I will be happy if I can get two more years out of it before I either frame swap, build a custom chassis, or patch and repair this frame for good. Either way it should hold up just fine, the cross member for the double tri 4-link adds a lot if extra reinforcement to the areas that need it and the front half of the frame is in prefect condition.

Ps, I hate that you moved, just letting you know.

Founder of
post #58 of 721 Old 10-09-2014, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thinking ahead, I might shoot semi-gloss high heat ceramic clear coat on the headers, intake, block, and head. Leave everything natural colored and "unpainted". I think the cast iron looks awesome once it's blasted and all clean. Either that or...

Gunmetal grey metalic block, satin black valve cover, bright silver metalic cyclinder head, semi-gloss clear coat headers and intake.

Founder of
post #59 of 721 Old 10-09-2014, 01:33 PM
bobthetj03

2003 TJ Wrangler 

That intake looks awesome all cleaned up! I say just clearcoat it.

Bob's boring build:

White Jeep club member #2003

post #60 of 721 Old 10-09-2014, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
That intake looks awesome all cleaned up! I say just clearcoat it.
I agree, the intake will look even better with a high temp clear coat and will preserve that awesome finish. Also should keep the intake temps down with the ceramic mixture.

I may just hit everything with the ceramic clear coat, especially since tony's blaster leaves such an amazing 'like new' finish. A natural cast iron finish would be unique and close to a gunmetal color anyway. I still have some time to decide.

Founder of

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in