B2CARPEN's 2000 Jeep TJ 4.7L Stroker Build - Page 23 - JeepForum.com
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #331 of 721 Old 02-05-2015, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

JBA headers are on their way! Trying to think of what else I need to purchase so I have all the parts I need...

- arp headbolts and main bearing cap bolts
- crankshaft main and journal bearings
- camshaft with around 0.5" lift
- timing chain set (single roller)
- larger injectors (26 lbs or larger in preparation for s/c?)
- 68-70mm throttle body
- adjustable chrome moly push rods
- 1.6 or 1.7 ratio roller rockers (harlem or other brand?)
- custom 2.5" exhaust with 2-1 downpipe (2.5" output)
- highflow water pump
- cowl intake setup (pre- supercharger setup)
- aluminum fan shroud
- all new manifold hardware

The longer I take to send this post the longer the list keeps getting I'm sure there's more miscellaneous items I will need that I will add to the list when I remember.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Founder of
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 721 Old 02-06-2015, 11:03 AM
bobthetj03

2003 TJ Wrangler 

That's quite the list! Git-er-done!

Bob's boring build:

White Jeep club member #2003

post #333 of 721 Old 02-06-2015, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
That's quite the list! Git-r-done!
Yes it is, and you know I will Bob! I'll be knocking out some more parts on that list later today. I'm also hoping for my valve springs, retainers, keepers, and intake / exhaust valves show up today!

Founder of

post #334 of 721 Old 02-08-2015, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

After some researching and analyzing fuel injector flow data, I've decided to purchase the bosch 784 4 hole injectors that should be about 24.5 lbs per hour on the later model 49psi fuel rail. I figured this would be the better short term route when the engine is back together to get me on the road instead of buying injectors to work with the supercharger and have them tuned down to work with the N/A setup prior to the s/c install.
Attached Images

Founder of
post #335 of 721 Old 02-10-2015, 07:15 AM
CobraMarty
1998 XJ Cherokee 

784s are a good choice. I run them. You can always sell them to another Jeep guy when you go to bigger injectors.

'98 XJ AW4 4.0 SUPERCHARGED M90 225+HP
Jeep M62/90 XJ TJ JK Supercharger Expert, PM any Questions
post #336 of 721 Old 02-10-2015, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMarty View Post
784s are a good choice. I run them. You can always sell them to another Jeep guy when you go to bigger injectors.
Yep! That was my thinking for now, and around 49psi +/- 4psi it should be right on the money for my N/A stroker application. At least that's what I was able to conclude after extensive research and a couple quick calculations.

Founder of
post #337 of 721 Old 02-10-2015, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm deleting my prior post above... my JBA headers came in and let me tell you I AM NOT ****ING HAPPY!!!!

Founder of
post #338 of 721 Old 02-10-2015, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm at work and I'm wrapped up in some projects, but I will get some pics posted as soon as possible. Everything looks decent from the frontside of the headers, but the backside of the flange is an absolutely joke!!!!!!!!! It appears that some drunk guy took a dremel to the inner welds to attempt to "smooth them out" which only made things worse, the flange openings can't even be called circles at this point, and to top it off, the gasket that was provided doesn't even come CLOSE to lining up with the exhaust ports!!

I will be speaking to the company that sold this pile of **** to me later today to find out if all JBA headers are like this or if I was the lucky one to have mine built on a Friday @ 4:55pm

Founder of
post #339 of 721 Old 02-10-2015, 01:28 PM
Rebel442

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Sucks! I'm interested to see the pics. Could you not order the header from them directly? Have you looked online for any actual user pics? Hopefully you just got a late Friday hungover Monday build.

It Wouldn't Be A Project If Everything Worked Right.
post #340 of 721 Old 02-10-2015, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well here are the pics that show what I'm talking about, unfortunately I can't find any pics online to compare to, to verify if these are truly JBA junk or a terrible knockoff. Ordered online via ebay from a seller with good reviews, but I did find it funny they asked for feedback the day after I bought them before they were even shipped. And they have a company note in a slip on the package requesting that feedback not be based on the product but their performance delivering the product. Who knows, but what I do know is that these are not getting bolted onto my engine...

Every port looks just like this, and the gasket would require major modification to get it to match up. Smh

Founder of
post #341 of 721 Old 02-10-2015, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Now the question is, do I assume these are either tampered with or knockoffs or a one off **** up and order another set through reputable company like summit racing? Or ditch them altogether and go with another brand? Obviously it would be nice to know for sure with a second set to verify, you would think if this was the case they would be flamed hardcore via web reviews... but what would you do if you were me?

Founder of
post #342 of 721 Old 02-10-2015, 03:35 PM
Rebel442

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I'd try to contact the manufacturer with those pics and see what they say. If there a knockoff or fake I'd contact the seller for a refund or dispute the charges. If JBA says that's what they should look like I'd be looking for a return and a new brand. Maybe take them over for Tony to see he might have an opinion

It Wouldn't Be A Project If Everything Worked Right.
post #343 of 721 Old 02-10-2015, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel442 View Post
I'd try to contact the manufacturer with those pics and see what they say. If there a knockoff or fake I'd contact the seller for a refund or dispute the charges. If JBA says that's what they should look like I'd be looking for a return and a new brand.
I've already emailed the seller to request a full refund with pictures attached and also mentioned that I still haven't provided feedback yet, and it will depend on how smooth the refund transaction goes (with a pre-paid return shipping slip).

No joke, they actually just emailed me back with a pre-paid fedex return lable and said the following...

I am very sorry to see these images and the hack job of a smoothing that JBA did to the header and passed it and shipped it to us as a quality item. I believe my two year old daughter with a dremel could do a better job. That is 100% unacceptable by any means. I will be emailing you a prepaid label to send this item back to us with.

This made me laugh and also made me feel much better about the seller. I do admit they have been excellent besides the crap product, and it that's truly the way these JBA headers come then why aren't people throwing a **** fit over these?!?! Even my girl could tell that's not right when I showed her pics lol.

Founder of
post #344 of 721 Old 02-10-2015, 10:01 PM
bobthetj03

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Those header ports are hideous! Hope you get resolution swiftly!

Bob's boring build:

White Jeep club member #2003

post #345 of 721 Old 02-10-2015, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Those header ports are hideous! Hope you get resolution swiftly!
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this way they are being shipped back tmrw morning on the seller's dime, very good customer support from all other aspects.

Founder of

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in