B2CARPEN's 2000 Jeep TJ 4.7L Stroker Build - Page 19 - JeepForum.com
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #271 of 721 Old 01-17-2015, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel442 View Post
Looking very nice. Good to see things moving along.
Thanks Jon, I wish I had more time to commit to this build but I've been too busy with work and not enough time in the garage. That will be changing and I'm going to try and get these ports knocked out and drop the head back off to Tony in the next couple weeks. How's your engine running? Have you talked with Tony lately? I recently told him about the supercharger and sounded excited lol. Gear heads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Founder of
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 721 Old 01-17-2015, 11:42 PM
Rebel442

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
Thanks Jon, I wish I had more time to commit to this build but I've been too busy with work and not enough time in the garage. That will be changing and I'm going to try and get these ports knocked out and drop the head back off to Tony in the next couple weeks. How's your engine running? Have you talked with Tony lately? I recently told him about the supercharger and sounded excited lol. Gear heads
Trust me I know how it goes, plan on three times your time frame and twice your budget. Haven't had any reason to stop by Tony's just finally got the trans back in a week or so ago. I'm hoping for some dry roads tomorrow To get it out for a function check. If its all good Im gonna take it back down to try and clean up some loose ends and half finished stuff. Hope to have it all ready for when the weather brakes.

It Wouldn't Be A Project If Everything Worked Right.
post #273 of 721 Old 01-18-2015, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Trust me I know how it goes, plan on three times your time frame and twice your budget. Haven't had any reason to stop by Tony's just finally got the trans back in a week or so ago. I'm hoping for some dry roads tomorrow To get it out for a function check. If its all good Im gonna take it back down to try and clean up some loose ends and half finished stuff. Hope to have it all ready for when the weather brakes.
Yep all truth, but it's still a "fun" project and I always look fw to the days or nights that I can be out in the garage with the music blasting and tools blaring. I'm really looking fw to reassembly, I'm going to start ordering some parts to help motivate me lol.

Glad you have that trans finished up, your drivetrain should be solid now.

Founder of

post #274 of 721 Old 01-18-2015, 08:13 AM
Rebel442

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Glad you have that trans finished up, your drivetrain should be solid now.
Only as solid as a locked Dana 35 can be.

It Wouldn't Be A Project If Everything Worked Right.
post #275 of 721 Old 01-18-2015, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Only as solid as a locked Dana 35 can be.
Lol oh yeah forgot about that haha, nice!

Founder of
post #276 of 721 Old 01-18-2015, 03:21 PM
2003X

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Looking to make an investment for a 5000 (or so) watt electric garage heater with an attached digital thermostat. I have been using my 50,000btu propane torpedo heater but I need a ceiling mounted unit that will kick on and safely keep the garage heated while I'm not in there. I've been looking at these two units...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HWZ...p_mobile?psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0000A...ref=mp_s_a_1_7

Anyone have any other good recommendations or good experiences?

I just picked up the second link. 5000W. Waiting to be installed. Has excellent reviews online.

Great build thread.

My Build

post #277 of 721 Old 01-18-2015, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003X View Post
I just picked up the second link. 5000W. Waiting to be installed. Has excellent reviews online.

Great build thread.
Very nice I've also heard many excellent reviews. I'm assuming you are having an electrician install the larger amp fuse and wires? Or do u already have an outlet?

Founder of
post #278 of 721 Old 01-19-2015, 06:57 AM
2003X

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN
Very nice I've also heard many excellent reviews. I'm assuming you are having an electrician install the larger amp fuse and wires? Or do u already have an outlet?
waiting on my electrical to install it with everything it needs. Can't wait to finally have heat in my garage.

Name:  image-1365227048.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  473.6 KB

My Build

post #279 of 721 Old 01-19-2015, 07:12 AM
doublins

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003X
waiting on my electrical to install it with everything it needs. Can't wait to finally have heat in my garage.
Getting a 220v 50a outlet in your garage is the best if you want to weld and or be warm in winter

98 TJ Street Sleeper- 408ci Stroked Magnum V8

My Magnum V8 Build Thread:

post #280 of 721 Old 01-19-2015, 08:08 AM
CobraMarty
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Trust me I know how it goes, plan on three times your time frame and twice your budget.
And at that, you are about halfway there.

'98 XJ AW4 4.0 SUPERCHARGED M90 225+HP
Jeep M62/90 XJ TJ JK Supercharger Expert, PM any Questions
post #281 of 721 Old 01-19-2015, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003X View Post

Attachment 1822273
Looks badass! I've been using my remington 25,000 - 50,000 btu propane torpedo this winter and it does the job and then some, but I want something that I can set to run at a particular temp and keep things from freezing when im not there. I have a friend that has one of those Fahrenheat units in his 2 1/2 car garage and it has the entire garage warmed up from 20 degrees to upper 60s within an hour (with thermostat off). This thing would be major overkill in my single car garage but I'm still going to pull the trigger on this soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublins View Post
Getting a 220v 50a outlet in your garage is the best if you want to weld and or be warm in winter
I totally agree and a welder is actually next on my list of tools to buy, I've wanted one for years and actually came really close to buying a Miller MIG/TIG unit. The issue with wiring 220v in my garage is that the fuse box is located in my condo and I will need to fish the larger wiring up through the existing case which travels from my garage up across the hallway, and into my unit (which is adjacent to the garage hallway 1st level). I'm planning on fishing the wires through myself and then having my friend who is a certified electrician that I can have help with adding the breaker to the the fusebox. I think that's what's really holding me back from buying that heater, just the fact that I can't really install the wiring on my own pisses me off lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMarty View Post
And at that, you are about halfway there.
yep, I couldn't agree more! Did you find your AEM FIC-6 unit? Let me know once you do and I can shoot you a payment when you are ready to ship it

Founder of
post #282 of 721 Old 01-19-2015, 09:34 AM
2003X

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN
Looks badass! I've been using my remington 25,000 - 50,000 btu propane torpedo this winter and it does the job and then some, but I want something that I can set to run at a particular temp and keep things from freezing when im not there. I have a friend that has one of those Fahrenheat units in his 2 1/2 car garage and it has the entire garage warmed up from 20 degrees to upper 60s within an hour (with thermostat off). This thing would be major overkill in my single car garage but it
I have a single car. Uninsulated garage. This should be plenty for me 😃

My Build

post #283 of 721 Old 01-19-2015, 09:58 AM
tucsonzj

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Read through the entire thread, awesome work!

His:00 TJ "Fiona" stuff/stuff/stuff
95 ZJ 3.5" w/242 swap-Sold
Hers: 15 JK Sahara-3" Teraflex
post #284 of 721 Old 01-19-2015, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post
Read through the entire thread, awesome work!
Thanks for the positive feedback~! I have much more to share and more progress to come

Founder of
post #285 of 721 Old 01-19-2015, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just pulled the trigger on a brand new in box AEM FIC-6 unit from CobraMarty. I was already planning on purchasing this unit and happened to find out that Marty had one that he was willing to sell me that was new in box and never used, made specifically for our jeeps (#1913), thanks Marty! This will allow me to have full tuning access and I will be able to take advantage of all the little things that will add up to more power (larger injectors, oversized valves, custom high flowing cylinder head, and other supporting mods).

I will need to start researching and preparing for this step so I will be ready when the time comes to tune the stroker
Attached Images

Founder of

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in