AzDevilYJ's build thread... finally - Page 217 - JeepForum.com
 462Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3241 of 3272 Old 04-28-2021, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
AZdEvilYJ

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone have any experience with the borgenson or flaming river heavy duty steering shafts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'95 YJ 2.5L
March '19 YJ of the Month!

My Build Thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Do your best and caulk the rest
-Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3242 of 3272 Old 04-29-2021, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
AZdEvilYJ

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Couple new parts. My radiator overflow wasnít big enough to support the amount of fluid expansion I was having, so I got a factory one from a 97 Chevy 1500, essentially what this motor would have come out of. Itís like a gallon reservoir compared to my aluminum one is about 1L-ish

Iíll probably put the heat reflective tape on the engine side of the plastic reservoir bc I have a bunch laying around, Iím sure it wonít hurt anything.

Also got my reman Taurus fan from Vatozone. It was legitimate free next day shipping which was impressive, but they have a major parts hub near my house so that might be exclusive to Phoenix and other specific cities. I hope the output is the same as the oem fan! Worst case maybe I swap the fan motor from the Volvo fan.

Iím keeping this setup together because 1) I couldnít get it apart 2) just in case this fan project take longer than expected, the derale fan will suffice short term.

'95 YJ 2.5L

My Build Thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Albert Einstein
post #3243 of 3272 Old 04-29-2021, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
AZdEvilYJ

1995 YJ Wrangler 

The nuts are down in the hole (giggity) and i canít get anything in there that keeps them from spinning. I tried like 1,2,3,and 4 flat head screwdrivers and that was unsuccessful, I can cut it out, but Iím not ready for that level of commitment yet haha

'95 YJ 2.5L

My Build Thread

-Albert Einstein

post #3244 of 3272 Old 04-29-2021, 10:14 AM
YJ94SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
Couple new parts. My radiator overflow wasn’t big enough to support the amount of fluid expansion I was having, so I got a factory one from a 97 Chevy 1500, essentially what this motor would have come out of. It’s like a gallon reservoir compared to my aluminum one is about 1L-ish

I’ll probably put the heat reflective tape on the engine side of the plastic reservoir bc I have a bunch laying around, I’m sure it won’t hurt anything.
Now I’m worried about my radiator overflow, I just installled what looks to be the exact SS overflow you had/have, I think I got it from Novak... I haven’t had a chance to really test how well it will work, since I’m waiting on TC to drive it again. Would you end up spitting a bunch of coolant out of the bottom of the overflow?

I’ve wrapped a few under hood components with shield tape, most recently the plastic ECM cover, evap canister. Just don’t trust the plastic getting hot/cold and not cracking or melting. I’m with you, can’t do any harm...
post #3245 of 3272 Old 04-29-2021, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
AZdEvilYJ

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ94SBC View Post
Now Iím worried about my radiator overflow, I just installled what looks to be the exact SS overflow you had/have, I think I got it from Novak... I havenít had a chance to really test how well it will work, since Iím waiting on TC to drive it again. Would you end up spitting a bunch of coolant out of the bottom of the overflow?

Iíve wrapped a few under hood components with shield tape, most recently the plastic ECM cover, evap canister. Just donít trust the plastic getting hot/cold and not cracking or melting. Iím with you, canít do any harm...

Randon and a few others runs the same one as well and doesnít have issues.

My junk is more fussy than most I think

'95 YJ 2.5L

My Build Thread

-Albert Einstein
post #3246 of 3272 Old 04-30-2021, 06:40 AM
daddyjeep87

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Randon and a few others runs the same one as well and doesnít have issues.

My junk is more fussy than most I think

Well.... you do live in a desert.

87 YJ, 5.7/TH350/NP241/HP Dana44/9", Custom 4 link/ Radius Arms, ADS Nitrogen Shocks, 35" Cooper STT

post #3247 of 3272 Old 04-30-2021, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
AZdEvilYJ

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep87 View Post
Well.... you do live in a desert.

Haha yeah it gets a little spicy out here

'95 YJ 2.5L

My Build Thread

-Albert Einstein
post #3248 of 3272 Old 04-30-2021, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
AZdEvilYJ

1995 YJ Wrangler 

AzDevilYJ's build thread... finally

Wrapped and located. Iíll mount it up after work

'95 YJ 2.5L

My Build Thread

-Albert Einstein
post #3249 of 3272 Old 04-30-2021, 02:48 PM
YJ94SBC

That should keep it from melting! Looks vaguely familiar....
Attached Thumbnails
D16C5955-34E7-4EA0-8D5B-BA0AD59BD3CA_1619815665946.jpg  
AZdEvilYJ likes this.
post #3250 of 3272 Old 05-02-2021, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
AZdEvilYJ

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Got my fan mounting all figured out, now to wire it up.

87TPIYJ likes this.

'95 YJ 2.5L

My Build Thread

-Albert Einstein
post #3251 of 3272 Old 05-02-2021, 08:18 AM
87TPIYJ
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Thanks for the idea on overflow. I have the exact same issue. I end up getting air in the system because it expands too much and dumps on the ground. These old small blocks are heat producing machines!

YJUnlimited stretch, Links, SBC, Tons, Lockers, and stuff
March 2017 YJOTM/ 2017 YJOTY

post #3252 of 3272 Old 05-02-2021, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
AZdEvilYJ

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87TPIYJ View Post
Thanks for the idea on overflow. I have the exact same issue. I end up getting air in the system because it expands too much and dumps on the ground. These old small blocks are heat producing machines!

This one is pretty big, itís from a 1997 C1500. I figured thatís what the motor ďcame out ofĒ, thatís what the factory used. Itís more of a science project. It does take up a lot of room. Depending on what it looks like after driving on it for a while, if I can downsize to a YJ one or something less obtrusive I will

87TPIYJ likes this.

'95 YJ 2.5L

My Build Thread

-Albert Einstein
post #3253 of 3272 Old 05-02-2021, 05:48 PM
YJ94SBC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87TPIYJ View Post

This one is pretty big, it’s from a 1997 C1500. I figured that’s what the motor “came out of”, that’s what the factory used. It’s more of a science project. It does take up a lot of room. Depending on what it looks like after driving on it for a while, if I can downsize to a YJ one or something less obtrusive I will
Speaking of heat, What temperature range are you guys normally running at?

I test drove my rig this afternoon and it was running 200-230. It is pretty windy out today so the temp would dive to 180-190 into the wind. When I got back in the drive way, I popped the hood and just held it at 2000 rpm to see what would happen and the temp shot up to 250 after about 4 minutes. I shut it off and grabbed my temp gun, but I couldn’t find a temp that high on the block, it was closer to 190-200... not sure if I have a goofy temp sensor, or if it wasn’t getting enough flow through the radiator with it all opened up, I don’t have fenders on right.
post #3254 of 3272 Old 05-02-2021, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
AZdEvilYJ

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ94SBC View Post
Speaking of heat, What temperature range are you guys normally running at?

I test drove my rig this afternoon and it was running 200-230. It is pretty windy out today so the temp would dive to 180-190 into the wind. When I got back in the drive way, I popped the hood and just held it at 2000 rpm to see what would happen and the temp shot up to 250 after about 4 minutes. I shut it off and grabbed my temp gun, but I couldnít find a temp that high on the block, it was closer to 190-200... not sure if I have a goofy temp sensor, or if it wasnít getting enough flow through the radiator with it all opened up, I donít have fenders on right.

I run around 200 now which is great. But it does spike up to 220ish and thatís when the overflow starts overflowing lol.

I personally get concerned with anything over 210, when I see that I start watching it, if it gets to 220, I try pulling over as soon as I can. Thatís the reason im putting the Taurus fan in also. Im trying to overkill everything cooling the engine.

'95 YJ 2.5L

My Build Thread

-Albert Einstein
post #3255 of 3272 Old 05-02-2021, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
AZdEvilYJ

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Couple pics, I used some door gasket stuff to seal off the drivers side, the other side I notched to clear the tank and the lower rad hose, and added some edge trim. It has a small gap, but I couldnít get the gasket to adhere to a smaller mounting surface, So I left it off the passenger side. it seems to get good pull through the radiator anyway.

I will say, I feel like this Dorman reman fan isnít as strong as the other OEM Taurus/ Volvo fans Iíd used in the past, but itís also hard to tell I suppose.

'95 YJ 2.5L

My Build Thread

-Albert Einstein

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in