97 TJ Heep to Zombie Killing Jeep Build - Page 56 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #826 of 826 Old 07-01-2019, 07:15 AM
cpia84

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by north50 View Post
Thank you, ended up selling the green project jeep with the v8 engine to a guy locally. As far as I know he is yet to work on it. The F-350 in the garage was a great truck but complete overkill for me so I sold it. If you can find a good TJ I'd recommend going that route unless you plan on building a 4 link or really upgrading the suspension its just easier to start with the TJ. Plus resale is better on them.
So what you are saying is get both?!! HAHAHAHA

I will more than likely get a YJ first only because I found a really good deal on a stock one and all the prep work has been done on it to fix the minor rust issues. If the rust is too bad or i find other issues it will pass on it. My plan would be a 4-5" total lift between BL, Shackles and leafs, then 33s. It would be more of a camping/expedition/weekend warrior vehicle for when we go to the lake with friends/family. And then I can do some mild wheeling with it. Maybe down the road i would do a custom 4-link but that isnt the initial plan.

My girlfriend really likes the TJs so I will probably get one of them as well, just need to find the right one. I prefer stock vehicles that I can do the work then having to go behind someone but that doesnt mean I wont look at modified Jeeps they just wont be my first choice. I really like how thorough you were with your build. I plan on doing the same. The issues with getting a TJ right away is that I am doing a big renovation at this time at my girlfriend's house and then I need to build a garage too. That might happen this fall though.

Thank you for your advice. If I find a good enough deal I'll be sure to snag it up. I am sure the F-350 was overkill but I have no doubt it was a great truck!

1990 YJ - 4.2L, AX-15, 2.5" lift, 33s" Lots more to come
89 & 95 XJ's - SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
4.88 , 5.2l v8 8.8 , manifold , mbrp , sye

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in