2.5" or 3.5" Lift? That is the First Question. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 Old 09-13-2017, 10:05 AM
bill4
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
32s

i had a yj with a 2"ish shackle (it was that way when i got it) lift and 32s stock gears and the 2.5 4 cyl it was still pretty drive able
its rather amazing how bad it drove with 33s lol 1 inch puts it over the edge
just remembered this

xXshutterflyXx likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 Old 09-13-2017, 02:30 PM
halcyon612
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I've got 2" pro comp springs and a 1" spacer on top of that. When I had only the 2" springs they would rub a bit when I was at full flex AND turning the wheels full lock, but fine the other 99% of the time. Rear tires were fine w/ only 2". I think a 2.5 would work fine and have no articulation loss. 32s also work with any 15' wheel. I have the standard AR black steelies (15x8).

I bought them b/c they have the same diameter/with ratio as the 35s, which I think are good looking jeep tires. 31s are pizza cutters and 33s are sand boggers, relatively speaking. It's a stupid thing to care about, but there it is. I do mostly trail-riding and haven't been stuck in years. (Although I also have a rear Detroit which helps in that area).
xXshutterflyXx and Stevectx like this.
post #18 of 19 Old 09-13-2017, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Stevectx
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Also, mine serves toad as well and tow's just fine on 33's if you needed an excuse to put you over the edge, lol!
Haha!! perfect! My jeep was originally purchased to be a toad. that's great info. And thanks for the info about the Rubicon trail also...I was wondering so it's now on my list after something in Moab.

Steve

post #19 of 19 Old 09-14-2017, 04:26 PM
bobthetj03

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevectx View Post
Haha!! perfect! My jeep was originally purchased to be a toad. that's great info. And thanks for the info about the Rubicon trail also...I was wondering so it's now on my list after something in Moab.

Steve
Seven Mile Rim and Top of the World are must do's if you go to Moab. It can be done on 33's with no lockers, and the views are spectacular. Went in 2015.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   20160513_090849.jpg   20160513_115942.jpg  

Bob's boring build:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

White Jeep club member #2003

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in