1997_sport's XJ - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 563 Old 10-04-2010, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
1997_Sport

1997 TJ Wrangler 

1997_sport's XJ

Picked up the XJ tonight and traded him my YJ!!!!

This thing is a beast and a half.

Pictures will be up tomorrow...

7 in Rusty's Long Arm , Quigley custom driveshaft(this co. does the 4x4 Vans,there work is stout) , Advance Adapters SYE , Spartan locked D30 front with Alloy axle tube seals. Aussie locked Chr. 8.25 rear. 35x12.5x15 SSR's on 15x8 Black Rock Crawlers. The tires show chunking from the rocks. Have the Cragar soft 8's too. TnT Trac-bar with TnT bracket. Rusty's steering box brace....Rear leafs are Rusty's 6.5 leaf packs. Front spring are RC 6.5 coils with 2" spacer. Shocks and s/stabilzer are RC 2.2(the bigger ones). Everything has been put on new within last 9 months except the long arms and tires. The long arms are used but in good condition.

Plans for it!
As of right now just a few small things from other xjs.

I need a new hatch, he says he has a friend with one and he is going to see if he still has it. I am going to pick up a taillight, front marker light, sway bar, and a new center console.

Not sure why but he cut the console.

Then I am going to get a new radio and probably speakers put in, and get the JKS quick disconnects.

Main thing is to get stuff to get it inspected, I am going tomorrow to talk to a buddy who works at a shop to see what all I will need.

1997 TJ with some stuff done to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 563 Old 10-04-2010, 07:44 PM
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

In for the pics.... congrats on the trade Mike.

Thanks to SuperWade2 For the 1 Year Upgrade!
Support Our Troops!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JFI Member #7:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ:
BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s

Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
post #3 of 563 Old 10-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Swagger_Wagon

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I'll really be giving you a run for your money now after I'm on 5" and 31s in december Mike

Quote:
P.J. O'Rourke
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.

post #4 of 563 Old 10-04-2010, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
1997_Sport

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks LR, they will up around 12:30 tomorrow. I put up a picture the guy sent me.

post #5 of 563 Old 10-04-2010, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
1997_Sport

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger_Wagon View Post
I'll really be giving you a run for your money now after I'm on 5" and 31s in december Mike
You come up here and alright!

post #6 of 563 Old 10-04-2010, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
1997_Sport

1997 TJ Wrangler 

post #7 of 563 Old 10-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Swagger_Wagon

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997_Sport View Post
You come up here and alright!
You know as long as the Jeeps running right and I have time between being in Chicago and summer school that's a definite possibility.

Quote:
P.J. O'Rourke
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
post #8 of 563 Old 10-04-2010, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
1997_Sport

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You know as long as the Jeeps running right and I have time between being in Chicago and summer school that's a definite possibility.
Sounds good...Zach, You, and I can all wheel together. haha

post #9 of 563 Old 10-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Swagger_Wagon

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Yep. I'm nervous about the SYE, maybe I should come up and have you guys help with everything like Zach does

Hi Zach

Quote:
P.J. O'Rourke
post #10 of 563 Old 10-04-2010, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
1997_Sport

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yep. I'm nervous about the SYE, maybe I should come up and have you guys help with everything like Zach does

Hi Zach
Hell yeah dude, bring it up here and we will get it in! I have all the tools to do it.

post #11 of 563 Old 10-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Swagger_Wagon

2000 XJ Cherokee 

We have a giant air compressor, air tools, and too many hand tools to count... If I can't get this done (me and m dad) I have issues. Although some Jeeper help would be sweet. My dad's more of the Porsche mechanic in the family

I want to wheel SOOO bad though. It would be nice to show up the TJs in the REAL rigs.

Hi Zach

Think looks SICK man. ALthough I have to say I'm not a huge fan of the TJ flares up front, I'd just yank those ****ers off and cut and fold (although he's probably already done that). Nice pickup.

Quote:
P.J. O'Rourke
post #12 of 563 Old 10-04-2010, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
1997_Sport

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We have a giant air compressor, air tools, and too many hand tools to count... If I can't get this done (me and m dad) I have issues. Although some Jeeper help would be sweet. My dad's more of the Porsche mechanic in the family

I want to wheel SOOO bad though. It would be nice to show up the TJs in the REAL rigs.

Hi Zach

Think looks SICK man. ALthough I have to say I'm not a huge fan of the TJ flares up front, I'd just yank those ****ers off and cut and fold (although he's probably already done that). Nice pickup.
Yeah its not hard at all, just gotta have the balls to crack it out.

Yes the flares will be coming off, but only when I buy new ones. I have to have flares around here.

post #13 of 563 Old 10-04-2010, 07:58 PM
alextremetj

1997 TJ Wrangler 

How many miles are on it?
post #14 of 563 Old 10-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Swagger_Wagon

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997_Sport View Post
Yeah its not hard at all, just gotta have the balls to crack it out.

Yes the flares will be coming off, but only when I buy new ones. I have to have flares around here.
Ahhh yeah. That's one of the very few things I enjoy about living in GA. They look the other way on most regulations when it comes to 4x4s. Unless the GSP are being total D-bags, you'll never have issues. Even my 31s stick out just about half an inch outside the flares. Wish we had places to wheel down here so I could invite you guys down. We got diddly squat

Quote:
P.J. O'Rourke
post #15 of 563 Old 10-04-2010, 08:11 PM
2006_Sport

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Haiii jordan!!!! **** LOOKS SICK!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in