'00 TJ Sport - Slightly modified. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 05-17-2020, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
rexhunta

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
'00 TJ Sport - Slightly modified.

Hey There, thought i'd throw a piece of my build thread for my Tj.

It's a 2000 Sport, although Aus spec so we get D30 front and a Trac Loc D44 rear.

I've had this for a few years now, I've done all the mechanical apart from the suspension and engine build.

I live in the SouthWest of Western Aus, so I am right in the middle from all our top wheeling spots, 10 mins west is full beach, 15 mins east is our states premier wheeling tracks, which i prefer right over beach.

I am in no means a mechanic at all, I enjoy learning everything to a point where I can build what I want, and be mechanically minded enough that if I have a major break I am self sufficient enough to repair what I need on the trails.

Exterior:

Smittybilt XRC front winch bar
Smittybilt Half door tops
Smittybilt rear CRES
SpiderWebShade TJKini
Warn 6" Polyurethane Fenders
ORU 12k Winch
Narva 7" Spot.
Rear LED lights
Hardtop.
Rocker Knockers and Sliders.
Spare tyre licence plate relocation.
Steel Licence Relocation plate holder.
Snorkel
Removable mudflaps
XJ Roof rails + sliding racks.
Steel rear bar with 20mm mild steel recovery points.

Interior :
Stock, carpets removed
Uniden 80 channel UHF
Kenwood Bluetooth MP3.
Rear door table.
Bestop rear shelf

Front : Aussie Lokka, Teraflex HD Diff cover. Revolution Gear 4.56 gears, freshened diff, Spicer Unis, Yukon Carrier.

Rear : Stock LSD , Teraflex HD Diff cover, Revolution 4.56 gears, freshened diff, Yukon Yoke, Yukon LSD clutch kit.
Rebuilt front tailshaft
Rugged Ridge SYE
Crown speedo gear.
Tom Woods Double Cardon 15.5" rear tailshaft.

Engine bay :
Rebuilt motor, new pistons, rings, bearings.
custom hard pipe and sealed airbox
late model radiator + clutch fan

Suspension :
Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks
Teraflex Shock mount adaptors.
3" lifted Springs
Swaybar Disconnects
Extended Bump stops
rear dropbox for panhard bar
Tough Dog RTC/Dampener
Plated Lower Control Arms
Teraflex sag block.

Wheels + Tyres :
American Racing 15x8
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 33x12.50x15

Silverstone Mt-117 Extreme 35x10.50x16
Black 16x7 Sunraysias, tubed.

When I first picked the car up, it had no sliders or rear bumper, and was on the 33 Duratracs, which i still use for a on road/beach work, as the Silverstones are useless for both

I made these sliders from 4mm mild steel plate, 38mm hydraulic tubing with 5mm wall.

As you can see I used all 3 body mounts.

I had the stock tubular bumper, which went in the bin and I made a 6mm rear bar. I also got some 20mm thick plate cut for recovery points, which I mounted inside the frame itself and utilises the mounting holes for the towbar. When I have made a fuel tank protector I will end up taking the towbar off.

after all that sort of stuff, I started moving onto mechanical for a bit.

Rugged Ridge SYE, Tom Woods 15.5" shaft.

I then took on the stupid thing I've doing my own diff. Revolution 4.56s, Yukon front centre, new Yukon clutch packs for the Trac loc, Teraflex covers, Spicer Heavy duty Unis for the front axles.

I already had a Aussie Lokka ( lunchbox type) in the front, So i removed that from my old centre and put it into the new housing. When i fitted the lockers, while under there, also threw in a set of Teraflex rear shock locators.

I snagged a pretty hard to come by item over here, a Bestop rear tray, but did not come with the mounts, so i fabbed up some rails from an old trampoline, and braced the centre. I house all my recovery, spare axles, compressor and tools on this shelf, and put my 35 under with the oils in there.

I made the rear tramp stamp for when I put the 35 in the back, but while I have my 33s on i put the carrier back on, and I have a licence plate relocation for that as well, and I just made a new aerial point on the back corner behind the tailgate.

I have my hardtop, but summertime the cres and smittybilt top come out. I drive this thing once in a blue moon lately, so it's always in the shed.

and some wheeling pics.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in