'00 TJ build, new to links and TJ's. Lots to do. - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
 134Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 279 Old 01-12-2019, 05:18 PM
SKT
Web Wheeler

2013 JK Wrangler 

Woot Woot - look forward to following your progress, especially after seeing your attention to detail w/ the CJ!!

1981 CJ-7: Fresh 304, NV4500, Twin Stick Dana 300, Dual Tops, 33" Mud Terrains, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 279 Old 01-12-2019, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thank-you Gentlemen!

Very appreciated

WSS

The family TJ build:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

post #63 of 279 Old 01-12-2019, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

The bumper is ready for the powder coater.

I finished up the hoop gussets and added a light rack that fits nice over the winch. I also used it to hold the air coupler and a anderson connector for my jumper cables.

Gussets line up right over inner frame rail, mucho strong:

Oh, a hook holder. I'm old school and like my hook LOL

Back side of bumper, leaves that tube thing open. Just in case I go with a antirock

Light rack with bar and extras:

Anderson mount, great thing is this TJ already had a anderson connector out the front:

Light bar mount, 3/8" slotted holes for lights, I'll run a pair of cubes but have room to add or modify:

Light rack is removable and adjustable, 1/2"-13 tapped into winch plate"

The bar is a 2' piece of 1" dom with some proto fab inserts in the end. I can adjust all the lights at once this way:

WSS
SKT likes this.

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

post #64 of 279 Old 01-13-2019, 09:59 AM
TIPPEDITOVER
Garage Racer

1978 CJ5 

Subscribed

Ongoing CJ-5 to CJ-6 Build:
post #65 of 279 Old 01-13-2019, 11:21 AM
TJosh02

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Killer fab skills! I am super jealous of anyone who has shop space to work on said things. The curse of living in the city, but I wouldn't take suburbs living for anything.
post #66 of 279 Old 01-13-2019, 04:51 PM
zarnold
1998 ZJ 

Picking up where you left off!

Subed!

86 CJ-7, 258 Engine, T-177, Dana 300, Dana 30, AMC 20
post #67 of 279 Old 01-14-2019, 12:00 AM
Stumpfarming

1974 CJ5 

Looking great Tommy! Subscribed.

My '74 CJ5 build:
post #68 of 279 Old 01-17-2019, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Not much progress the last week. Lots of rain here in So Cal. I pick up the front bumper tomorrow. In preparation, I have done some more Cerakoting to some bolts and a pair of U.S. made shackles. I made a bolt holder that can be used in the blast cabinet and the oven

SKT, 07wurubi and Stumpfarming like this.

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

post #69 of 279 Old 01-18-2019, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, we just went through four days of strong rain. I found some standing water on the tub floor, not much but squishy wet under the carpet. On my old CJ, I would put a piece of flat kydex on the cowl vent and that would stop the wet. Is it the same on a TJ? What solutions have you guys come up with? I see some cowl diverter intakes for cheap, do those work/help?

WSS

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

post #70 of 279 Old 01-18-2019, 05:42 PM
jjvw
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Is the cowl drain clear?

2003 Rubicon

2003 Rubicon

post #71 of 279 Old 01-18-2019, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvw View Post
Is the cowl drain clear?

2003 Rubicon
Probably not. After I posted, I used some search terms that showed many plugged cowl drains. Plus some info on keeping them open and re-gasketing or siliconing around the HVAC intake.

Ahh, and it had a dead battery, second time in a week. I thought it was the usb charger led draining it, I pulled it and the same. Now some tracing. So far, I love this TJ!!

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

post #72 of 279 Old 01-18-2019, 06:48 PM
TIPPEDITOVER
Garage Racer

1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSS View Post
Probably not. After I posted, I used some search terms that showed many plugged cowl drains. Plus some info on keeping them open and re-gasketing or siliconing around the HVAC intake.

Ahh, and it had a dead battery, second time in a week. I thought it was the usb charger led draining it, I pulled it and the same. Now some tracing. So far, I love this TJ!!
I once had a yellow 2000 TJ, back in 2006. I loved it, but the 4.0 was gutless with whatever lousy highway gears were in the axles. I ended up having to sell it to eliminate debt so I could go back to college and get my A&P.

Ongoing CJ-5 to CJ-6 Build:
post #73 of 279 Old 01-18-2019, 08:49 PM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPPEDITOVER View Post
I once had a yellow 2000 TJ, back in 2006. I loved it, but the 4.0 was gutless with whatever lousy highway gears were in the axles. I ended up having to sell it to eliminate debt so I could go back to college and get my A&P.

Well Tipped, at least the color was right....
TIPPEDITOVER and WSS like this.

Build Thread:

Swing Away / Swing Down Tire Carrier:

post #74 of 279 Old 01-18-2019, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ugh.. I miss my Yellow Jeep and it's V8

I have to remember this is for the kid. He needs gutless for awhile.

WSS
NashvilleTJ likes this.

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

post #75 of 279 Old 01-18-2019, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Today was the first day that I really crawled around on the TJ. I pulled a bunch of old wiring and most of the carpet out.

Today some interior parts arrived. A bestop rear trailmax II and a rugged ridge carpet kit. The water was not too bad, the Jeep is honestly rust free even with standing water.

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in