'00 TJ build, new to links and TJ's. Lots to do. - Page 22 - JeepForum.com
 171Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #316 of 330 Unread 11-10-2019, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

There are some brushed gigs that look machine centered'. I like the look of the brushed billet. Maybe I could draw up a simple door out of Aluminum of some thin SS and spring load it to close. Not too concerned about theft, no lock needed. I just like the brushed look on the side. I could etch a punisher or even a trumpisher (naw, skip the trumpisher, it will be outdated in 2024)

The family TJ build:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

non stock CJ's:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My CJ5 Build:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #317 of 330 Unread 11-10-2019, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Here is a pic of the tabs I was mentioning. I know "talk" means nothing, here is a pic:

Stumpfarming likes this.

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

post #318 of 330 Unread 11-10-2019, 06:27 PM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Lookin' good Tommy.
WSS likes this.

Build Thread:

Swing Away / Swing Down Tire Carrier:

post #319 of 330 Unread 11-10-2019, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thank-you sir! My wife saw a picture of your rig today and asked if we were going to paint ours yellow. It is her fave too. I bet I could swing it next year.
NashvilleTJ likes this.

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

post #320 of 330 Unread 11-10-2019, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I don't think my sliders are TnT, but the fit up was near perfect in the rear:

All the tabs are on, now just a quick buff for prep and off to the powder coater

Also added some tube on the inner fender, rocks like to kiss my Jeep on the upper part of the tube, just felt like the anchor point was more of a hinge point, now it is structured to take the hits without folding in

Painted the holes with spray paint sprayed in a can and put on with wood q tip

07wurubi and Stumpfarming like this.

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

post #321 of 330 Unread 11-11-2019, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

While prepping the fenders I found a ugly flaw. TnT missed the rule about bending ERW tube. They bent it way off the seam and it is peeling. If it had been a cage or safety item, I would have pitched a fit. TnT's rear armor cost me $1k. Long story but That is what I ended up paying. $925 plus tax and shipping. I would never have thought they would use seamed tube at that price. It was a assumption it was DOM. Anyway, all good now. Off to the coater and about a week till I get them back.

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

post #322 of 330 Unread 11-11-2019, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Had a neat little surprise delivered today:

It is clean inside and sealed good. I'll use it for spare TJ parts.

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

post #323 of 330 Unread 11-16-2019, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Got the rear fenders back from powder coater today. He did a great job as usual.

I did not use the hardware that came with the fenders. I opted to use up some SS BHCS in 3/8x 3/4". Looks more like a rivet job. I like it.

The round and flush LED's accomplished the look I was hoping for

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

post #324 of 330 Unread 11-16-2019, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

We also added a pair of shackle tabs to the bumper. Surface welded but wide and strong.

Painted the bumper too, my go to color, max flat black. Looks velvety when dry and fairly durable, best thing is it can be touched up and still look even.

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

post #325 of 330 Unread 11-16-2019, 09:03 AM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Fenders look great, Tommy. What are the tire coverage laws like in SoCal?

Build Thread:

post #326 of 330 Unread 11-16-2019, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleTJ View Post
Fenders look great, Tommy. What are the tire coverage laws like in SoCal?

Well, the law says tire has to be covered but, it is not really enforced. She gets trailered most places also. The guys who get targeted for things like this are usually blinding people with LED bars, playing loud music, etc.. That is when those laws get enforced, when you ask for it so to speak.

If my son takes it as his daily driver (when he is able), I'll probably re-think all those things, you know speed/volume limiters. light covers etc. LOL

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

post #327 of 330 Unread 11-29-2019, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

We started the outboard project! Got a lot done early this week and am now in the final fit up stagers. all looks good. The net result will be 5.5" up and 6" down. Lots more clearance on bottom due to lower shock mount relocation. Very pleased with the synergy/poly tower kit so far.

Paul from Fullstack Motorsports built a set of 11" LSC to swap to the front. Received them Wednesday. I plan to put them in today after I get the rear aligned and welded up.

I started a thread detailing the outboard here:

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/t...board-4378773/

Some pics:

No turning back!

TIPPEDITOVER likes this.

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

post #328 of 330 Unread 12-01-2019, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Low Speed Compression (LSC) Fox shocks on all four corners now! Paul from Fullstack Motor sports tuned all of them. I switched the 12" that were on the front to the back (these will go to Paul for a re-tune as the rears are overloaded) and put the 11" on the front. The way I installed the heim style mount caused the mount to sit above the OE by about 3/4", so I opted to run the 11". Better for me as the shock is 2" shorter and will allow for me to remove the bump spacer and just rub the tube fender, on full extension, the spring is unseated about an 1".

The rear is ready. I need to put the springs in and install the gs tank/skid. The outboard should be just right for our type of excursions. I used a rattle can undercoating on the fender wells, cleaned them real good with zep de-greaser and did the frame and new towers in rattle can max flat black.

I got heckled about the chrome tip, so I flat blacked it.

NashvilleTJ likes this.

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

post #329 of 330 Unread 12-01-2019, 03:57 PM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSS View Post
I got heckled about the chrome tip, so I flat blacked it.

Build Thread:

post #330 of 330 Unread 12-08-2019, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
WSS
Graduate U-Tube Univ.

2000 TJ Wrangler 

The wonderful state of kalifornia has decreed that our legally purchased (new from a dealer) 2003 F550 is no longer register-able by the almighty DMV.

Bought this a couple days ago. Went with a F450 instead, only 1k less GVW and extra cab, all that means a better ride!!

The family TJ build:

non stock CJ's:

My CJ5 Build:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in