13K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  MistahJ 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $450
Rating 4
Average Price $257.19
Manufacturer Kicker
Recommended Yes: 17 / No: 1

Four generations of research, revisions, and resilience - and now the one that started it all emerges as wicked as ever.

The legendary Solo-Baric L7 Subwoofer maintains the throne as the first and foremost authority on bass. Square? You bet! KICKER wrote the book on it, and then patented it. Solo-Baric is the only patented square subwoofer on Earth - more cone, more air, more decibels!

Available in punishing 8-, 10-, 12-, and 15-inch models, the Solo-Baric L7 utilizes the one-piece, injection-molded SoloKon™, a reinforced cone that provides 16 to 20 percent more area than a same-sized cone on a round sub. The Solo-Baric's expansive cone area moves more air than the round one, therefore making it louder.

KICKER's knack for extraordinary bass is evident. The L7 motor structure contains dual high-temp voice coils, a poly-cotton semi-progressive spider (two in the colossal S15L7!), jacketed braided tinsel leads, highly-efficient UniPlate™ pole piece/back plate, and a heat-reducing T-cut top plate for outstanding toughness and enormous power handling. The cast aluminum basket yields a super-sealing, rear foam gasket and spring-loaded terminals. A shielding front gasket helps to protect the wide Santoprene® surround.

The Solo-Baric L7 is available in 2-Ohm or 4-Ohm DVC and hammers in a sealed or vented box application.

http://www.kicker.com/06/tech-support/manuals/manuals/2006/2006%20L7%20Sub%20b01%20WEB.pdf

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Rating 4
Pros Quality, size, price, thump
Cons needs a lot of power
Recommended yes

Comments: I have bought Kicker Solobaric subs twice since they have been released. What makes them perfect for a jeep is that they can be mounted into an amazingly small box. (only needs .33 cu.ft for 8" - .66 cu.ft for 10" ect) The small airspace makes for a small box. If you have a woodworker among your friends or family it would be a snap for them to build you one out of 3/4 mdf to fit behind your rear seat.

I run 2 - 10inch solo's in my jeep, each with their own airspace and the box is level with the back ledge where the roll cage meets the body.

Highly highly recommend these for anyone wanting a lot more sound in their jeep without removing the back seat and showing off what you've got!

#5 ·
Price $400
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: This thing thumps

#8 ·
Rating 1
Pros Good SPL
Cons Horrible SQ
Recommended no

Comments: Kicker Squares are known for power but clarity they are not. They will hit like a truck but just don't make a good sound doing it from an SQ standpoint.

I build SQ competition rigs and would never use this sub. If you only care about being a jerk and waking the dead, then it may be for you.

#16 ·
Price $220
Pros Great Sound All Around
Cons There are none, just give it 30 hours of break in time and you have one of the best subs on the market for the price.
Recommended yes

Comments: The best sub I've ever owned out of my last 5 subwoofers.

#17 ·
Price $249.99
Pros LOUD but no overkill if set up right
Cons heavy weighs 35lb
little big
Recommended yes

Comments: the day I installed it it has added a full and rich sound to my entire system. Plus I am currently pushing the woofer with a matching kicker 08ZX750.1 amp. This by far is the best sub I have ever had the pleasure of owning.

#18 ·
Price $425
Pros - Wide Range of Bass frequencies
- Sounds amazing in a sealed box
Cons - Large and Heavy Speaker
Recommended yes

Comments: This is by far the best sub I have presonally owned. I love the sound quality when mounted in a sealed box. Hits high and low bass frequenceies.

900 Watts @ 2 Ohms

#20 ·
Comments: I have a 2003 Jeep Liberty sport 4×4. I am running a Kicker Solobaric L7 15 DVC 4 Ohm. Running 0 gauge power and ground. With a 2000.1 monoblock skar Amp running at 2 OHM'S and pushing roughly 1200 to 1400 rms. I have a ULTRACAP battery capacitor from IOXUS. It's in a custom built box. That is 3/4 inch birch wood. I'm running a ****ty $60 Walmart head unit. With the app I have on my phone for spl testing which is called SPL meter for Android. I have reached a max rating of 115.4 dB with an average of 88.53 dB. And that was done with in the 2 week break in period.

I have searched and searched to try to find what the spl world record is for a single 15 running at 2ohms is and I can not find anything on it. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance guys/gals.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.