Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What stereo deck are you using?

954 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Ralph77 
#1 ·
Good morning........just wondering what everyone is using. Currently I have an older kenwood deck, but does have bluetooth and mp3. I am tapped out on speaker ports and all are running from the amp. Currently have 2- 4inch, 2- 5 1/4, 2- 6x9 and 2-10s. I want to add some additional, but need to upgrade the deck. The wife has a new car with apple car play/android auto. Seems cool, but not neccessary. I also don't know how a deck like that would work in a TJ. Can't see if they are detachable either, as the top is off all summer. Have serius xm also. Would like something that will add 6 rca outs to amp/speakers to add then just wondering what any of you have or recommend based on new features that are out.

I am not worried about water/mud, currently all the speakers get hit with both anyway.......it cleans off :)

Thanks in advance for sharing.

#2 ·
I'm running the same JVC AM/FM/Cassette deck I installed back in 1995 shortly after I first got the Jeep. It's all running through an Optimus 6-channel cross-over, GLS 4-channel 400 watt amp, Optimus 2-channel 200 watt amp, and Infinity speakers with 2 Kicker Competition 10" subs in a custom box.

I'm thinking I might be ready to swap head units though, for something with a USB plug for MP3s. I'll stay with single DIN, since I don't want to cut the dash panel any more than I had to for the current head unit and front speakers. Everything else is hangin' in there and basically cost me less than $250 when I put it all together after buying everybody else's junk when they upgraded for pennies on the dollar.

#3 ·
I'm running a Pioneer DEH-80PRS, https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/DEH-80PRS
It puts out 5 full volts across 3 RCA Pre Outs!!

You can run it traditionally, 1 set pre outs for the subs and the other two for your other frequencies or..... The best use of this is to Run One amp for subs, one for mids, and one for tweeters.

I personally run 2 300w 10's in a sealed down firing box running from a 600w sub amp. 2 6-1/2" 100w in a custom box under the dash where the heater controls are, and 2 6x9's 100w in pods connected to the roll bars where they meet the floor behind the seats running off a 1000 w 4 way amp.

I still have a free Pre Out. My plan is to add another amp and a pair of tweeters.

#5 ·
I like to try and keep my Jeep "Jeep".
Also not an audiophile so I just really need the radio to work.
I have the dealer installed 6 CD Changer in my '00 XJ.
Runs off an FM Modulator that is powered and hardwired between my antenna and the radio.
Works with both a wired remote, right to the FM Modulator, and a wireless one.
I came across an older Jeep radio on Ebay. Most likely from ZJ. They have what I am going to call
a round black DIN connector on the back. This is so you can run a CD Changer from the radio taking
the remotes and FM Modulator out of the equation.
Well the radio on Ebay, for $40 shipped, also came with an iSimple device.
Lets me run my 160GB iPod through the factory system. Plugs right into that DIN connector on the radio.
Hooks up to my iPod with the 30 pin connector and even keeps it charged.
My system does everything I need it to do. LOL.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.