Weird Rear Wiper - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-18-2019, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
TheGrainge

Weird Rear Wiper

Having problems figuring out why my rear wiper quit working. The rear defroster works which tells me the wiring is fine. The switch controlling the wiper/washer----the washer works but the wiper does not. I purchased a rebuilt wiper motor from a local auto parts store. I plugged it in before installing and that one did not work either. Is it possible that rebuilt unit was bad? What else can I try? Purchase another wiper motor from a different source? Help cause winter is coming!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-18-2019, 12:17 PM
wildbill23c
1998 ZJ 

Check the switches in the rear hatch flipper glass if your jeep has it, as well as the switches in the hatch itself, if the switches that tell the jeep the hatch is open are bad, it won't allow the wiper to work at least in my 98 ZJ that is the case. If I open the hatch with the rear wiper on it stops the wiper and returns it to the park position. I have the opposite issue my rear defrost don't work but the wiper does LOL.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-18-2019, 12:18 PM
FireMedic82

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrainge View Post
Having problems figuring out why my rear wiper quit working. The rear defroster works which tells me the wiring is fine. The switch controlling the wiper/washer----the washer works but the wiper does not. I purchased a rebuilt wiper motor from a local auto parts store. I plugged it in before installing and that one did not work either. Is it possible that rebuilt unit was bad? What else can I try? Purchase another wiper motor from a different source? Help cause winter is coming!!!!
Have you checked with a test meter to make sure you have power being fed to the wiper motor? If I'm thinking right, the wiper and washer run off of independent wires. Both passing through the same switch of course, but separated. If not, I would start there. With the motor unplugged, probe the incoming pins while the wiper is turned on.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Throw the photoshoppers a bone and post your executed mods, we would like to see the after pics. Copy and paste the url. https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/executed-photoshop-mods-1417032/

post #4 of 5 Old 10-18-2019, 12:19 PM
jtec

2014 JK Wrangler 

year, model?

Why do you ASSUME wiring is good? With a diagram we can do a quick check,

When I see the price of OEM I think aftermarket.
When I see the quality of aftermarket I think OEM.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-18-2019, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
TheGrainge

Thanks for the tips everyone. I have a 2002 Wrangler X

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in