UConnect freeze after iOS update to version 10 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 09-15-2016, 03:01 AM Thread Starter
ognyang

UConnect freeze after iOS update to version 10

Hello guys,

Recently I have update my iOS devices to the latest version (10) and when I got in the car the Uconnect software started to freeze.
What I mean - I got in the car, I connect my phone, play some music start my trip and suddenly the screen freezes. Music is still playing, system is still receiving calls on my mobile but none of the functions in the media/navigation system works (touchscreen nor buttons). First time I am experiencing such issue!
Usually when the system crash somehow I just turn off/on the engine and then it work normal but this time is a bit different. Even if I turn off the engine and lock the car (I am inside) the screen is still on and freezed and is not going off. Also I can hear the fans working in the media system. After couple of minutes the screen goes off and the next time I turn on the engine it is starting normally untill I connect my phone and play some music.
I am not sure if this is caused by the recent iOS update or this stupid UConnect system is so ****ty! I checked for firmware updates but it says there are no new updates for the car.
Picture -> https://1drv.ms/i/s!AoLIfInqXcM_gvwkOFmbjrSk5C3n1Q
I will try to make a video today and post it somewhere.

Regards,
Ognyan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-15-2016, 07:53 AM
CGrugger
Web Wheeler

1936 CJ2A 

New updates can cause bugs in software.the update is new. I would just wait a few days and see if they patch it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2005 TJ X: MC 3.5" lift, 33"x12.5" tires, 1.25" Zone body lift, Curry Antirock sway bar.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-18-2016, 11:03 AM
Mikey66666

uconnect ios10

I just called Uconnect..Apparently this happens overtime Apple releases a new software update. UConnect won't work until Apple give uconnect the software update for Connect to work again it will take a few weeks you have to look for the updater your car on the connect website.When I updated yesterday i lost the ability to talk to Connect and make phone calls because of this Apple update now got to wait weeks for patch. Very dangerous as I have to use phone now to call and real inconvenient. I hope Apple start working better with car companies to release the patches in advance.

post #4 of 5 Old 09-19-2016, 11:35 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

There are a large number of folks that updated their Apple devices to iOS10 without UConnect issue, even those using beta versions. I haven't heard here of anyone with issues. Perhaps something unique with your phone or radio. I hear siri may have a slight pause. Have you tried resetting the phone?

I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory;
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #5 of 5 Old 09-20-2016, 03:57 AM Thread Starter
ognyang

I have 2 iPhones and an iPad and no matter which device I connect to the car and play some music it just freeze.
But I have no issues using the phone features. it freezes only when I play some music.

Tags
compass , iphone , uconnect

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in